The Wake!! By Snyder / Murphy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalbelo

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you havent picked it up, DO IT NOW!! :panic:

Issue 1 released yesterday, 5/29. This is Snyder's new mini series that he is doing during his American Vampire break. Issue 1 I thought was AMAZING! It has a very American Vampire feel to it, which if some of you havent read it is pretty damn good.

The Wake follows a female main character, which I feel Snyder is very strong at writing, who is taken on an under water horror / adventure. Ill leave it at that for the sake of ruining it for anyone interested. The Art is by Sean Murphy who has also assisted in the writing. Sean Murphy is the Writer / Artist for the recent Punk Rock Jesus mini series which was a big hit.

The Wake is a 10 issue series, sadly, but I have high hopes for it and its off to a great start! Check it out before its gone! Its a DC/Vertigo title, which are not known for 2nd prints so now might be your only chance until the TPB.

As it happens, I'm heading to Midtown comics tomorrow to have it signed by Snyder. But, aside from that, I'm really looking forward to reading this.

Get me a signed one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fair! Nobody ever comes to VA shops. We are so unpopular :(

Yeah I will forsure be checking this out! Snyder is one of my favorite writers. I will be going digital since thats the only way I read now, but I would have loved to get a signed copy from Snyder. You suck solidus :lol

Read it yesterday. An excellent start. Snyder does have a knack for writing female characters. And Sean Murphy's art is amazing.

Get me a signed one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fair! Nobody ever comes to VA shops. We are so unpopular :(

Yeah I will forsure be checking this out! Snyder is one of my favorite writers. I will be going digital since thats the only way I read now, but I would have loved to get a signed copy from Snyder. You suck solidus :lol

I'll let you guys know if Midtown Comics will have extra copies for sale :lol. I'm also carrying Batman # 1 for Scott to sign.

I'm at the lineup. There's at least 100 people here and the line's gradually growing. Still one hour to go in the 90 degree weather. Will post some pics later!

Well, here are some photos, as promised. The signing session with Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy was held at Midtown Comics, 64 Fulton St, NY, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

8908632446_3c657bf5ea_b.jpg

The front of the line:

8908630908_908fa33531_b.jpg

This was the back of the line, by the time I arrived. The line eventually stretched all around the corner to the other side of the block. There were a few hundred people by the time the line was finally capped!

8908629078_90e9e76d54_b.jpg

Unfortunately, Midtown Comics did not allow individual photos to be taken with Scott and Sean. There were just too many people, and they needed to get the line moving. So, here's a pic of the duo from the official Midtown Comics Facebook page.

375045_607244489287485_1022550810_n.jpg

And here's what I got signed :D :D :D

8908634498_802ae8ee2f_b.jpg

8908633314_7d91661b59_b.jpg

On another note, I'll have to head back to Fulton St. on the weekend, so I'll drop by Midtown Comics again and let you guys know if they have any extra signed copies of The Wake (they may be able to ship them out).

If they do could you let me know how much they would cost? I would love to get a signed copy by Snyder. With him being my favorite writer and all.

Sorry guys, no extra copies available! :(. I inquired in store, and they said that if they had they would be available online for sale.

New issues drops tomorrow it looks like (at least digitally via Amazon). Anyone else pick it up already/picking it up?

:yess:

It does come out today. Its on my pull list so Ill have it in hand in a few hours. Way too much coming out this week :gah:

Here is my pull for today:
Adventures of Superman #2
Aquaman #21
Batman & Superman #1
Justice League #21
JLA #5
Wake #2
Age of Ultron #10 AI
All New Xmen #13
Captain America #8
Daredevil #27
Guardians of the Galaxy #4
Hawkeye #11
Nova #5
Uncanny Xmen #7
Xmen #2
Lazorous #1

Just finished Wake #2. Enjoying it, but keep thinking of that Animal Planet "Mermaids: The Body Found" mockumentary / docufiction.

Wonder if that was part of the inspiration for this run? Regardless, pretty cool series. Can't wait to see where it goes, especially considering the opening pages of Wake #1.

Back