Action Figure *FINISHED* "Curse of the Black Pearl" Elizabeth Swann Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoda Man

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I was forced to take a break from customizing for a few months (after taking a break for a few years), but am now trying to return to full force. My first piece of the summer is based on Elizabeth Swann from "Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl." Elizabeth was the first custom bust I had ever made way back in 2007, so I thought it would be fun to have a second go at it. I've also since been collecting the NECA Pirates busts, and so I wanted to make an Elizabeth that would fit in with the others.

The head is from the 12" Zizzle Elizabeth figure and the torso is from Sideshow. I still have to sculpt the hair and then paint the entire thing, but I thought I would post some in-progress pictures to show its current state. It should be complete within a few days. I would love to hear any feedback that anyone has.

I'll move on to other characters and other films in the coming weeks.

COTBPElizabeth1.jpg

COTBPElizabeth2.jpg

COTBPElizabeth3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: *IN PROGRESS* "Curse of the Black Pearl" Elizabeth Swann Bust

That looks great. HS would also make a nice base for Eve O'conell from the Mummy movie.

Thanks for the kind words. And I totally agree about the similarities to Rachel Weisz!

Here is a quick pic of the finished hair sculpt. Will spend tomorrow painting it.

COTBPElizabeth4.jpg

Nice job! I'm surprised to see that sculpt paints up pretty well! I'll look forward to seeing some different angles on it.

I have that figure packed away in a closet. If I remember right, the head's kinda oversized for 1/6.

Nice job! I'm surprised to see that sculpt paints up pretty well! I'll look forward to seeing some different angles on it.

I have that figure packed away in a closet. If I remember right, the head's kinda oversized for 1/6.

Thanks, man! I did that face paint job in under 10 minutes just to see if there really was any sort of a likeness. It's still not a perfect sculpt, but actually surprisingly decent (and way cheaper than getting a Hot Toys Elizabeth). All of the 12" Zizzle faces (particularly Will) are actually quite great sculpts that are hidden with terrible paint and crappy hair sculpts. The scale is just ever so slightly too large to fit in with most 12" figures, but a lot of NECA 1/6 scale items seem a bit large as well so that actually helps out in having this fit in.

Hmm, thanks for the tip on the Will! Might have to dig that one out and see how it looks with fresh paint.

Looking good so far Yoda Man! :clap the detail of the dress and finess of the hair is incredible!

The detail on the hair and dress look amazing! I don't know how you guys do it. I wouldn't even know where to start, lol.

Great job. :clap

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see it painted!

Thanks again for all the nice words! It took forever to get the colors right on the hair and dress and to pull off some sort of likeness, but I'm finally finished and am pretty pleased overall. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it. I'll be working on a Pirate King Elizabeth next and will hopefully get an even better likeness then.

COTBPElizabeth17.jpg

COTBPElizabeth19.jpg

COTBPElizabeth9.jpg

COTBPElizabeth11.jpg

COTBPElizabeth13.jpg

COTBPElizabeth14.jpg

COTBPElizabeth16.jpg

COTBPElizabeth6.jpg

COTBPElizabeth5.jpg

Thanks so much, everyone! I really appreciate hearing that. It's always nice to get positive feedback and is the reason I keep up with the hobby.

I'll add pics of the in-progress Pirate King Elizabeth bust to this thread in the coming days.

Back