Action Figure My Colonial Marines, movie characters & EU bashes (Post yours!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbisont

Super Freak
Reaction score
These are some guys I have been working on a couple months and feel like they are OK enough to post up here. What I would really like to do is see other’s people’s custom Marines too! My hope is NOT to overlap focus with the “building your marines correctly”. Rather than “fixing” existing Characters, hopefully we see other NEW builds all in one spot.

Be they screen characters that were forgotten/skipped, Expanded Universe (comics, video games, books, etc), or completely originals that you just invented! I’d love to see what creations are out there.

Anyways, back to business. These are the ones I have so far (The "missing" screen characters for this round, but expanded Universe figures are in the works.)

GORMAN

(earlier version w/old hat, no name tapes, and molded boots below)

Last edited:
Re: My Custom Colonial Marines (Post yours! : Screen accurate? EU? original?)

BISHOP

THE WHOLE SQUAD!

Last edited:
Re: My Custom Colonial Marines (Post yours! : Screen characters, EU, original? Lets s

Amazing job!:clap

This is truly an impressive feat. Did you buy all the armour and accessories back when the marines were current?

I bought my Hicks in 2006 and have updated him a bit but he's my only marine.

Re: My Custom Colonial Marines (Post yours! : Screen characters, EU, original? Lets s

Really nice job on your Colonial Marines!

Amazing job!:clap

This is truly an impressive feat. Did you buy all the armour and accessories back when the marines were current?

I bought my Hicks in 2006 and have updated him a bit but he's my only marine.

Thanks guys. Def a labor of love and a drain on my wallet and sanity at times.

Unfortunately I did not get on the bandwagon early. Only my Drake was purchased back when you could get one for retail price. Everything else was just trying to pick my spots in 'today's market' over the last year and often was quite brutal! There are a couple members here on this forum that contributed quite a bit though and were more than fair. For other items...well lets just say the wifey doesn't need to know actual costs, or she wouldn't be quite so tolerant of my little hobby...:wink1:

Man, this really makes me wish hot toys would do a Hicks/Hudson 2.0 or better yet, sideshow do a Colonial Marine Premium Format Figure.

they look great you have done some cool conversions there

Small update. This one is simply a vanity project and a move of pure Ego, but I decided to make a "Self" marine.

Very early stages, but I got the armor (which is the hardest part right?!)

My real Armor (in need of repainted camo ASAP. Soon...)

My 1/6th Armor so far.

I remember I bought the Hicks when it first came out for $120 and my friend thought I was crazy....now I feel even crazier for having to sell it off a while ago! :(

Hey, gotta love a complimentary necro-post! Thanks guys. I'll have to get some updated pictures on here. Dietrich in particular underwent a head/body change so she is a bit improved.

Also this reminds me I need to repaint and weather the armor. It has been on my to-do list for 2 years and counting!

These are some guys I have been working on a couple months and feel like they are OK enough to post up here. What I would really like to do is see other’s people’s custom Marines too! My hope is NOT to overlap focus with the “building your marines correctly”. Rather than “fixing” existing Characters, hopefully we see other NEW builds all in one spot.

Be they screen characters that were forgotten/skipped, Expanded Universe (comics, video games, books, etc), or completely originals that you just invented! I’d love to see what creations are out there.
Might as well cross-post these here, then:

Jester said:
The wacky, odd-couple adventures of Jarhead and Company Man.

IMAG6215_zpsr3e4p7xm.jpg

IMAG6212_zpsqwtkr785.jpg

IMAG6207_zps9pdbte8h.jpg

IMAG6205_zpsjpktahqv.jpg

IMAG6221_zpsf5qr2pis.jpg

IMAG6224_zpsgm0xscr7.jpg

IMAG6233_zpsnnawzy2z.jpg

IMAG6237_zps0jj77eqt.jpg

IMAG6238_zpsl5fso695.jpg

IMAG6245_zpsbxgmqn8h.jpg

IMAG6234_zpslnhfji1t.jpg

IMAG6236_zpsrmwkp3nx.jpg

IMAG6244_zpswfvqts96.jpg

IMAG6249_zpso5cg4p2e.jpg

IMAG6253_zps6k11qi3q.jpg

IMAG6257_zpsbziuc9zc.jpg

IMAG6263_zpsrul8qj4z.jpg

IMAG6272_zpsuwg6vzno.jpg

IMAG6277_zps8exhotw8.jpg

These are super cool and like someone else stated makes my want for hot toys to make some 2.0's of these badass marines and also some new xenomorphs while there at it, I missed out on all of them and have recently ordered the old McFarlane 12" alien to at least have the movie represented in my collection. Also when the heck is Ripley going up for PO:impatient:

Back