Best series not yet seen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niltusk

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not as big on TV shows as I am movies.
Aside from Dexter, Walking Dead, Justified, Game of Thrones, and Oz I haven't watched really any other series beginning to end.

I'm thinking of starting Deadwood just because its got Timothy Olyphant in it, but I don't know much about it, any recommendations for series that I've missed that I sure shouldn't have missed?

Sopranos, Deadwood, Arrested Development, Lucky Louie, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, The Wire, Eastbound and Down, Larry Sanders, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. All must watch top tier shows imo.

My Fav. Shows

The Shield - About as good of a cop show as you will ever see.

Supernatural - Between this and the Shield for what is my fav. Show. Don't be fooled by the fact that this is on the CW (I was) this is an excellent show for genre fans.

24 - The show that makes you keep watching

Buffy and Angel are great fun.

Battlestar Galactica - Some of the best Sci Fi ever.

Sopranos, Deadwood, Arrested Development, Lucky Louie, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, The Wire, Eastbound and Down, Larry Sanders, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. All must watch top tier shows imo.

Sounds like you watch alot of TV. I have seen none of those except a couple episodes of Soprano's (syndicated). I've looked at getting The Wire, Eastbound and Down, or Deadwood, which would you start with looking back if you hadn't seen any of these yet?

Love some of these shows.

I could not get into The Wire. I watched Season one but only got through the first 3 episodes of Season 2. Just could not keep my interest. The Shield is more my kind of Cop Show. Not as realistic as The Wire but made The Shield my gut hurt every week when I watched it.

I loved the first two Seasons of The Sopranos. But while I enjoyed the other seasons I never thought it was great.

My Fav. Shows

The Shield - About as good of a cop show as you will ever see.

Supernatural - Between this and the Shield for what is my fav. Show. Don't be fooled by the fact that this is on the CW (I was) this is an excellent show for genre fans.

24 - The show that makes you keep watching

Buffy and Angel are great fun.

Battlestar Galactica - Some of the best Sci Fi ever.

I forgot about the Shield. :slap
Got in on that on season 2 and was a die hard fan all the way til the end. :clap

Sounds like you watch alot of TV. I have seen none of those except a couple episodes of Soprano's (syndicated). I've looked at getting The Wire, Eastbound and Down, or Deadwood, which would you start with looking back if you hadn't seen any of these yet?

Damn it Start with The Shield :)

I almost forgot!!!

Spartacus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the most satisfying first seasons ever!!!

Have to get by the first one or two episodes though. Really finds it's footing after that.

Never mind!:rotfl

:hi5:
Don't you hate that simulataneous posting?

Yeah, I love the shield and at one time had all the seasons, great show, but I'm wanting to start something I've never seen.

I almost forgot!!!

Spartacus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I didn't think that would be my cup of tea, but I love the Game of Thrones.

Spartacus kind of confuses me with its various titles, what do you start watching with it?

:hi5:
Don't you hate that simulataneous posting?

Yeah, I love the shield and at one time had all the seasons, great show, but I'm wanting to start something I've never seen.

Yes great Show. I am thinking about starting over and watching it again.

If you have Netflix and you like Horror, I really think you should try Supernatural.

But the other shows you are thinking about trying are good also.

I really enjoyed Deadwood.

You know, I didn't think that would be my cup of tea, but I love the Game of Thrones.

Spartacus kind of confuses me with its various titles, what do you start watching with it?

Start with Spartacus Gods Of The Arena.

Spartacus
LOST
True Blood
Battlestar Gallactica
ROME
1st two seasons of Heroes

Man you are missing out on a lot of tv

Yeah, I've never seen an episode of any of that, except BSG. :lol
But I think I'm going to have plenty of power series viewing time this summer, maybe I can plow through a couple series.

Blood and Sand is the first.

Spartacus-Blood-and-Sand-on-Blu-ray-and-DVD.jpg

Gods of the Arena is a Prequel - The lead actor got cancer so they filmed this while he tried to beat it, unfortunately he did not. But watch Blood and Sand first.

Vengeance is the third (Spartacus is recast)

War of the Damned is the final.

If you like 300 then then you will enjoy the style of this show. But I would say that this show is a 1000x better then 300 and I liked 300 :)

Very different show then Game of Thrones though.

The order they aired in was

Blood and Sand
Gods of the Arena (prequel)
Vengeance
War of the Damned

Don't let the first couple of episodes put you off, once it gets going, it never lets go.

Back