Makes a dad proud!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
My 7 year old is obsessed even though he has never seen the films.

He's made much better Aliens but he takes them apart and makes new ones all the time.

945738_4679800124860_1682456507_n.jpg

969802_4679799924855_762166402_n.jpg

971069_4679800484869_1111632645_n.jpg

The Alien's legs look off. Ground him until he get is right.

And whey didn't they have skeleton Legos back in the day!!

How does know what they look like if he never seen the film?

Lol, cause dad probably has a bunch of 1/6 scale ones on display. ;)

Really nice work by your son, might have to try this myself!

you dont need a fathers day gift anymore

i think that counts for that and more

congrats!

That's really creative of him. I like them, very cool.

I can't get mine to do anything creative. :(

Damn video games.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent father-son relationship! Love the Lego Aliens (seems to sorta be in scale as well), thanks for sharing!:clap

Oh and get him some clay so he can start sculpting right away! :lol:

Oh and get him some clay so he can start sculpting right away! :lol:

He use to be really into clay. His sculpting talents were really amazing for his age. But he has moved over to Legos. I try to get him into the clay again (so I can get some free statues in the future :) )

He use to make dioramas with his clay. One was a dragon sleeping on a large rock. He had it all curled up. The detail was so good that I had to take a second glance when I walked by it because I thought it was one of his toys.

He did these when he was five. He is always making cool little ships and robots with neat little working parts. Wish I could get him to stop thinking about this stuff when he is in school :)

Last edited:
How does know what they look like if he never seen the film?

Lol, cause dad probably has a bunch of 1/6 scale ones on display. ;)

Really nice work by your son, might have to try this myself!

:exactly::rotfl:lol

I use to have tons of the Palisades Alien products. Also I have (well he has now) many of the old McFarlane toys as well.
In all honesty I have let him see a part or two from the AVP movie (first one) and the Queen Alien Scene in Aliens.

But he was big into Alien and Predator well before he got to see any of them.

His other fav is Godzilla (which makes me more proud)

The first time my eldest boy (who's just about to turn nine) cried at a movie ( and I mean "broke down sobbing, breaking his little heart" cried) was at the end of Godzilla 2000, when the big G melts down due to his nuclear core. In between full on sobbing and wailing he just kept repeating: " But Godzilla CAN'T die!". I felt both sad for the little fella ,because he was so upset, and simultaneously proud as a Dad - because he was following in my geek footsteps.

To put it in context as well, we'd watched Charlotte's Web the week before and hadn't even blinked (while Dad here got "something in my eye") he had a heart like a rock for that spider. Godzilla dying though, absolutely wrecked him.

The first time my eldest boy (who's just about to turn nine) cried at a movie ( and I mean "broke down sobbing, breaking his little heart" cried) was at the end of Godzilla 2000, when the big G melts down due to his nuclear core. In between full on sobbing and wailing he just kept repeating: " But Godzilla CAN'T die!". I felt both sad for the little fella ,because he was so upset, and simultaneously proud as a Dad - because he was following in my geek footsteps.

To put it in context as well, we'd watched Charlotte's Web the week before and hadn't even blinked (while Dad here got "something in my eye") he had a heart like a rock for that spider. Godzilla dying though, absolutely wrecked him.

Great Story!!!!!

The movies are going to blow his mind one day. Very cool stuff.

Yeah, I cant wait. I think about showing him ALIEN (not much language but the chestbuster scene is a tad too intense and that is one of the big reasons to watch it) or ALIENS (not much gore but the language is bad) and I realize I just have to wait a few more years :(

Back