NEED Help: TSCA Form

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2close

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello SSF. Hope someone could help me. I got a shipment sent by Hobby Link out of Japan via Fedex. The shipment contains Pen/Markers and will require the attached TSCA form to be completed by the US Importer. It's now at USA, but its being hold until i complete the TSCA Form. I never completed a form yet, and don't know what to write and check. Are the gundam pen/markers are positive certification or negative certification for TSCA? and what would I write in the ff:..

company name:__________
company address:______
auhtorized name:_________
authorized signature:_______
title:________
federal express awb#:_______
return to:__________

can someone help me out. thank YOU so much. really hoping for any reply as soon as possible. thanku!

Here's what I could find..

For Definition Purposes:
1. What is an article?
For the purpose of CDR reporting, an “article” is defined at 40 CFR 704.3 as:
“Article means a manufactured item
(1) which is formed to a specific shape or design during manufacture,
(2) which has end use function(s) dependent in whole or in part upon its shape or design
during end use, and
(3) which has either no change of chemical composition during its end use or only those
changes of composition which have no commercial purpose separate from that of the
article, and that result from a chemical reaction that occurs upon end use of other
chemical substances, mixtures, or articles;
except that fluids and particles are not considered articles regardless of shape or design.”

Specifically for Pens/Markers:
These items are not considered articles:
(1) Ink in pens, caulk in canisters, substances or mixtures in aerosol cans, lighter fluid in refill
cans. While these substances or mixtures are contained within an article at the point of
import, they are intended to be removed from that article and have an end use or
commercial purpose separate from the containing article.

PDF FILE THAT CONTAINS ALL THAT INFO:
https://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0o...rticlesFactSheetforCDR%20Reporting_080312.pdf...

So according to all that you should check the negative certification line on the TSCA form.

Hope that helps. :wave

Here's what I could find..

For Definition Purposes:

Specifically for Pens/Markers:

PDF FILE THAT CONTAINS ALL THAT INFO:
https://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0o...rticlesFactSheetforCDR%20Reporting_080312.pdf...

So according to all that you should check the negative certification line on the TSCA form.

Hope that helps. :wave

Thanks alot for the quick reply. i really do appreciate it. can't really find a source how to complete the form and what to check. different sources said its a positive certification, other said not.

but with the company name, company address. is it gona be my name? or HLJ? thanks alot for your help sir.

Back