Qui-Gonn Jin Custom Head - Opinions wanted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onix36div

Super Freak
Reaction score
A while back i did a hasbro re paint of a han solo endor head and was looking for opinions on it.
The opinions i got helped me dramatically and i thank all that answered the call so now i have my second custom

Hasbro Qui gonn jin

This is the original head
P7230095.jpg

This is my custom
PA050261.jpg

PA050262.jpg

PA050263.jpg

All opinions are welcome.

i have one critisicm myself already that i am looking to change before we start.
The eyes might be a little to electric blue and he looks a little possesed like a Dark side version of Jin

What you all think

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Yeah, you gotta do something about those eyes. I feel like he's trying to steal my soul. Everything else looks good to me.

Great job! You have reallyt released Liam's Likeness from the head sculpt. Good on you (even though you didn't buy him from me):monkey3 .

;)

Nice work, definately a step in the right direction. As you noted though, the eyes are a bit intense and red.

Good job. The likeness is there. I think the hair can be more and longer.

BTW, how you make the hair become straight??

Aside from the eyes being a bit too brightly colored it looks pretty good.

Picxeltwin i was wanting to buy from you ! You never got back to me but if the offer is still there then we could negotiate?

Thanks all for the comments so far

To get the hair straight i wet it a little then used Hair Styling wax. I was thinking that the hair had to be a little more greyish and was thinking of trying to dye it but for fear of recking the figure i think i might leave it.

Im defo going to redo the eyes, any ideas on what to do with them?

oh man, so far it's looking great. but yeah, the eyes...they're staring right into my soul!! :lol

anyway, great job dude.

now i wish i got the hasbro version. didn't realize the likeness was there. DAMN PAINTJOB!!

Its strange because im looking at the two customs that ive done and dont ask me how but ive managed to make evil looking versions of Han and Qui-Gonn

Maybe this could be like an expanded universe thing

Dark Lord Jinn

Bounty Hunter Solo

Lol......prob not :D :D

I know its a bit pre mature but ive swapped the bodies and put his old clothes back on.

Im planning to do a bit of re tailoring and re desinging

Obviously i still havent fixed the eyes but just thought i would put up pics of him in his body

PA050266.jpg

PA050268.jpg

Hope you all like him

Hi again,

well i repainted the eyes so lets see what you think

i think i need some photography lessons cause i cant seem to photograph any of my collectables properly

If anyone has any tips im all ears !!!

PA120294.jpg

PA120293.jpg

PA120279.jpg

Huge improvement in the eyes. Way to go. My only advise is change those clothes... That shirt you have him wearing doesn't look good on him.

those eyes look much better.... youve done reallly well there.

For taking photos you either need to take them not as close, but zoom in.... or to have a camera with a 'macro' or close up mode (often a symbol of a flower on the cameras dial)

this lets you get really close to your object and still stay in focus, however this can give slight other problems (making noses look slightly bigger than they are etc)

best bet is to either just take the pic of the full figure from about 12 - 24" away and crop in close afterwards, or just show the full length figure (or maybe half length) anyway

unles you have a camera with a zoom in which case sit that distance awaay and zoom in for the headshot :)

hope that helps

Not bad man, just repaint the eyes, make them more realistic and your set. :)

pixletwin said:
Huge improvement in the eyes. Way to go. My only advise is change those clothes... That shirt you have him wearing doesn't look good on him.

that looks like a han solo shirt.

you should look into re-rooting the hair. it needs to be longer.

i really like the repaint. the base sculpt looks to be better than sideshow's version.

Back