New animated Clone Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/05/people.lucas.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The wars aren't over for "Star Wars" creator George Lucas.

Lucas said Wednesday he's making an animated TV series of "Clone Wars" that could air next year, although he hasn't sold the show to a network yet.

The series is set during the time when the Republic is fighting a civil war against separatists led by Count Dooku.

The mythic period hasn't been dealt with too much in the popular "Star Wars" movies, so "it's a fun place to go," Lucas said.

"It basically has all the main characters" such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lucas said, but the stars who played them in the movies won't voice them for the TV show.

"There's nobody famous," Lucas told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

The show is planned as a continuation of the Emmy-winning "Clone Wars" that aired in 25 episodes on the Cartoon Network from 2003 to 2005. That series used limited animation. The new version will use 3-D computer graphics.

It's one of many projects being pursued by Lucas, including a fourth "Indiana Jones" movie.

"We're working on it. We haven't agreed on a script yet," Lucas said.

Definitely looking forward to these, but I'm a little concerned they're not sticking with the same style as the original CW series. That was an amazing series!

jason2885 said:
I just hope they start after Genosis and end right before Coruscant's battle in this series
Didn't the last episode of the last season end with the space battle at the begining of ROTS?

I am also quite sure the animation style will be the same... I hope... just 3D.

Batty said:
The show is planned as a continuation of the Emmy-winning "Clone Wars" that aired in 25 episodes on the Cartoon Network from 2003 to 2005. That series used limited animation. The new version will use 3-D computer graphics.

So how exactly is this any different from the PT!? :lol :rotfl

:monkey3

Why are they going back to the same period that was covered in the CW?

I'd like to see a series based on what happens after ROTS, with Vader running around searching for Kenobi. Maybe Leia as a young teen, like her mom, secretly involved in the underground. Han as an Imperial trainee, rescuing Chewie, all that stuff.

Wor-Gar said:

I'd like to see a series based on what happens after ROTS, with Vader running around searching for Kenobi. Maybe Leia as a young teen, like her mom, secretly involved in the underground. Han as an Imperial trainee, rescuing Chewie, all that stuff.
Word. That would be pretty awesome and they wouldn't have to worry about voice actors because, I think, fans are more forgiving if a voice actor doesn't sound like the character on screen.

Wor-Gar said:
I'd like to see a series based on what happens after ROTS,
I believe that either Rick McCallum or Steve Sansweet indicated that there will be a second SW TV series, a live-action one, dealing with the period you mentioned.

Khev said:
I believe that either Rick McCallum or Steve Sansweet indicated that there will be a second SW TV series, a live-action one, dealing with the period you mentioned.
But they also said there would be no main characters: ie no Chebacca, Han, Leia, or Vader etc... But then again, Rick McCallum is a bit two faced when it comes to leaking info. :monkey1

Wor-Gar said:

I was wondering the same thing. Didn't they already do an animated series dealing with the Clone Wars?

The answer is yes. Yes they did.

The CW series is awesome!!! More of it would be great. The last two times I've watched it all I added the CW in the middle.

The CW cartoons are excellent, but I don't see how they can continue them, especially if they plan to include the main characters. CW Volume II ended with Anakin and Obi-Wan heading off to rescue the Emper... errr... Chancellor, so unless they plan to revisit scenes from ROTS, I don't see how it can fit.

Oooo.. I just had a thought... Maybe the SS Ventress figure is a tie-in to the new series?

pixletwin said:
Oooo.. I just had a thought... Maybe the SS Ventress figure is a tie-in to the new series?
Didn't she Die? I have only watched it a few times but I really thought that she died.

mfoga said:
Didn't she Die? I have only watched it a few times but I really thought that she died.
No. SHe just fell down a chasm... and we all know that falling down chasms seldom kill people in star wars, lotr, etc... :D

RoboDad said:
The CW cartoons are excellent, but I don't see how they can continue them, especially if they plan to include the main characters. CW Volume II ended with Anakin and Obi-Wan heading off to rescue the Emper... errr... Chancellor, so unless they plan to revisit scenes from ROTS, I don't see how it can fit.

You had me there for a minute, it was almost as if you believe that continuity and avoiding rehashes mattered to Lucas.

Good one!
:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl

Well they have alot of CW comics to work off of, regular comics and the ones based on the animated series. I think it would probably be random tales, and every now and then we get an Anakin story or an Obi story, but just as equally a Plo or Kit story. I can't wait.

I just wish they did the clone wars style animation to the story of star wars just AT the end of RoTS. I would like to see what vader/yoda/luke/etc are like after RoTS and before ANH.

They say it revolves around Dooku so I imagine that it expands upon what was already done. Probably moreso focusing on events immediately following or during Season 1 and prior to season 2.

Back