Nude painting of Bea Arthur fetches 1.9 million dollars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denryanj

Super Freak
Reaction score
188163.jpg

https://news.yahoo.com/roll-call-nude-bea-arthur-portrait-fetches-1-175558351.html

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least a billion ways the money might have been better utilized. First would be giving it to needy, starving children. Second would be setting the money on fire, Joker style.

To make it seem all the more fiscally irresponsible, I recently paid only 2 dollars for the 1992 Estelle Getty issue of Penthouse at a garage sale. Now THAT was art.

-

Last edited:
Better paying out money for this rather than ones painted by elephants or someone throwing paint at a canvas and calling it art.

I love how women's boobs get censored in a painting. Mind you I'm not so sure if it isnt because its Bea Arthur!!!!

178px-Deadpool.png
"Yeah. I bought it. So what? You judgin me? Cuz, i'll be judging you with my 30" katana up your pootyhole."

Well I think it has more to do with the fact is was painted by John Currin, whose paintings usually sell for the high six figures. I'm guessing Bea Arthur modeled for this, which makes it more original. The $1.9 million hasn't really gone anywhere, because it has only gone into someone else's hands.

^ Except Deadpool. Tis the only comic series I have ever invested time in. And almost every issue was great. (I got them all via illegal matters..shhh) Until Kelly left. Went down hill quick, although I enjoyed Simone's run for the most part.

But I enjoyed Cable and Deadpool very much.

Last edited: