Another Aussie Member

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubble

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Howdy All,

Great site and Forums. A fellow collector in Sydney (Daz) pointed me in this direction. I'm glad he did.

I used to collect and trade various 6" lines (MOTU Classics, Ghost Busters, Marvel Select, Transformers, LOTR, Muppets etc) but stopped when I realised how many full storage tubs were in the garage and how few display shelves I had.

So I sold some of my figures and used my Paypal "kitty" to purchase the Tracker Predator. After that I was hooked. Quality over quantity as they say. :lol

Since then I've been fortunate to befriend a few local sellers getting out of the 1/6th hobby and I've added a few Hot Toys to the collection. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that this is a tricky hobby when combined with a wife, mortgage and two kids.

I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow "toy" enthusiasts and hopefully adding to my collection. I can see already that I need to brush up on the jargon and learn the acronyms.

Cheers,

John

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, John! :duff
wavesmile.gif

woot :hi5:

you made it to "the Darkside" John :yess:

I am doing a lot of research mate.. mainly reading threads & that kinda stuff..

Been sorting out my Detolfs a bit more..

lol.. I put Iron Man Steelbook on Evil Bay m8 :rotfl

that will pay for all of my Pre Orders :exactly:

Welcome to the forum Stubble :wave

...just in time for the bottom to fall out of the dollar too :lol

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Yes indeed...the bloody AUD dollar. Well it was good while it lasted.

I met Mark Bouris once. I might ask him to intervene and put some pressure on the International Currency Markets. It's hard enough being a collector in Australia without having to give up 5% in every dollar.

I guess other foreign collectors have a similar tale of woe. :gah:

Cheers

PS. Nice work on the IM Steel Book Daz.

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Yes indeed...the bloody AUD dollar. Well it was good while it lasted.

I met Mark Bouris once. I might ask him to intervene and put some pressure on the International Currency Markets. It's hard enough being a collector in Australia without having to give up 5% in every dollar.

I guess other foreign collectors have a similar tale of woe. :gah:

Cheers

PS. Nice work on the IM Steel Book Daz.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Stub,

that IM Steelbook , is gonna pay for my Hellboy & Abe Sapian HT's :hi5:

thinking about popping a Darth Vader on credit @ SS :slap

Welcome Stubble. Yes, tis a tricky hobby to maintain with other adult obligations. Single mom with a mortgage and grad school here! Also a fan of selling stuff thats packed away for new higher quality stuff you cherish.

Times were rough during my undergrad, but I'd look at my 3 HT figures and couldn't bear the thought of getting rid of them. Thats how I knew I had chosen carefully and had some worthwhile figures ;)

Back