1/6 Killing Joke Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathbyexile

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi all!

doesn't seem like anyone's made any killing joke customs (that i could find). maybe with the ssc joker coming out later this year it'll be all the rage. for now i thought i would experiment with putting the outfit on the 2.0. i am experimenting with making the hawaiian shirt since nobody makes one that matches.

i think i have figured out how to do it, though i need to work on the saturation. what are you thoughts?

i went with the re-colored edition, btw; the original colors were too hideous to subject nolan's joker. i thought the more toned-down anniversary edition colors by bolland would be more appropriate. i have the gloves and hat and i'll get a camera and gun, and i'm working on the shorts as well.

killingjoke.jpg
recolored.jpg

and i know, the shirt itself looks like hell ~ like i said, it was an experiment.

That looks really good so far. Nice work. I love The Killing Joke and i never thought of using the SSC figure for this. Great idea.

thanks! i've been wanting to do one since even before they announced the ssc joker. if i can't get nolan joker to look right in this, i may have to buy it ~ hahahaha!

I think that looks really great so far! :clap

thank you!

Looks really good if you ask me. Did you make the hat or is it something from another figure. I'd be interested to see it.

i have the jack joker's hat ~ the brim of which is too short, but it fits both slick-sculpt br and the laughing sculpt which are the two heads i am considering for this. i'm going to try that or possibly either build one from scratch or do a repaint on one from stevo's in the right style.

since nolan joker never wore a hat (aside from the cop uniform), it's hard to gauge what would look "right" on him.

: D

^ Ok. I was hoping you were going to make one yourself that would be a good replacement for the DX08 hat. I hate that the brim is so short.

i totally agree ~ it does look good on the laughing sculpt, but i may yet go for something wider, in which case i will do a total custom.

i don't have a dx08; i just got the hat and the tailcoat for stupidly cheap and couldn't pass the deal up. trying to prevent myself from pre-ordering the ssc joker by slapping together my own variations, but i have a feeling i will lose the battle in the end.

The DX08 is the funnest figure I own. I just wish the hat had a wider brim like the movie. So if you make a custom I'd be interested in seeing it. We got an interest list for a custom hat going back when it first came out but we couldn't find anyone to make the hat. We also couldn't decide on how we wanted it made. A cloth hat we felt would be too thick looking as that seems to be the case with a lot of custom hats but some some of us didn't like the idea of a plastic vacuum formed hat with cloth band either.

Anyway, I really like the SSC Joker as well but with prices the way they are and space limited I must be extra selective on my purchases. Although I do think I'll pick up some parts like the dynamite or the switch blade etc just for fun.

Id love to see this completed, Im a total oldschool batfan myself. you should do a barbara gordon preshot as well so you can make the scene

Cool beans are you going to dye the shirt yellow? the skirt is so basic knit you could totally make one with one back seam,wast hem and bottom hem.

thanks!

yeah on both counts. have been idly looking for a skirt, but it would be easy enough to make one, i think. might also cut her hair a bit shorter, but i'm on the fence because it would be so irreversible and i'm kinda playing with the idea of making her a batgirl outfit for alternate thursdays (or something), which would look cooler with the longer hair.

i'm not terribly perfectionist about these things, but it's nice to adhere to some details.

still working on this. can't decide about the length of the shorts. i have been hemming and hawing over it for weeks (it's a pun, get it? hemming?).

tough crowd.

killingjoke.jpg

Looks great so far! Love it. Personally, I'd go shorter. I'd have the shorts hang just a little below the knee. I just feel like it would look right for this outfit.

thanks!

they're cuffed just above the knee in the comic (i should have folded them over before taking the picture). but i suppose i could go even shorter? showing the knee might be funny.

killingjoke2.jpg

Mm, I guess that depends on how you feel about joints and accuracy. Personally, joints really don't bother me on new bodies. Older bodies they look ugly, but regardless of both of those I think I'd want the knee covered on this piece. I just think it would look better. I'd still hem it up just below the knee.

I really dig that shirt.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

ok if you want to spray paint his skin make sure you go nuts with sanding him then paint him white after using guesso.Guesso acts as a primer and will allow paint to adhear to even rubber. I actually have the comic book and it is not far off. It just touched knee area like burmuda shorts.

Mm, I guess that depends on how you feel about joints and accuracy. Personally, joints really don't bother me on new bodies. Older bodies they look ugly, but regardless of both of those I think I'd want the knee covered on this piece. I just think it would look better. I'd still hem it up just below the knee.

I really dig that shirt.

thanks Fiend! the shirt is still a work-in-progress. i want to saturate the colors more since it's kinda pale. might use a darker blue on the final.

and the joints don't bother me either ~ i just don't want it to look goofier than it needs to. joker in the comic book can get away with looking stupid, but i feel less sanguine about making nolan's joker look stupid. i'll hitch it higher and try it above the knee ~ live with it for a while before i decide where to cut.

ok if you want to spray paint his skin make sure you go nuts with sanding him then paint him white after using guesso.Guesso acts as a primer and will allow paint to adhear to even rubber. I actually have the comic book and it is not far off. It just touched knee area like burmuda shorts.

thanks, Groovy34! yeah, in the comic the knees are definitely showing (bad scan, but clear enough):

KJ7.jpg

since i am using nolan's version of the joker for this, i'm not going to paint the body. if i end up caving in and getting the ssc joker, i might use the sculpt with the hat for this, in which case i would switch out the socks and use a painted body.

Back