12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamenGuyver

Super Freak
Reaction score
Released in Hong Kong.

Where is mine?? I want mine.......

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

https://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=56785&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

A scruffy beard has to be one of the most dificult to make look good and this looks amazing. I really can't wait for him to ship. By far more impressive than any of the SW 12", at least costume wise.

Looks nothing like Viggo...at all.

Ugh....

I don't know if I should keep this one or not.

:slap

Paint apps. look to have held up pretty well, but some of the intensity of the expression seems to have been lost.

Hmmm... This is not nearly as cool looking as I had thought it would be. He has a cluttered look about him... Maybe a little futzing could fix that though?

Figure looks amazing! The clothes, the gear, but headsculpt looks nothing like Viggo. It actually looks completely different from the prototype pics as well.

EDIT: he's got a "huh?" kind of look.

I also don't like how the green coat (cloak, whatever) looks brand new up top and then at the bottom weathered and with mud on it.

No consistency.

FlyAndFight said:
Figure looks amazing! The clothes, the gear, but headsculpt looks nothing like Viggo. It actually looks completely different from the prototype pics as well.

I'd agree. Still a very nice figure though.

I think it is once again due to the bad paint application. Maybe a repaint can fix the face expression.

Looks less like Viggo than on the prototype, but then again, this is just the first pics...

FlyAndFight said:

Yeah, the eyebrows look a little too high. Overall I think it looks great. I think it's too early for people to be jumping ship on this one. At least wait for some better pics.

What happened with the HS/expression?

Looks like Aragorn doesn't know either...

Still looks pretty good! I can't wait to get this figure. I take it that the one pictured is the regular edition (not the exclusive).

I'm still very excited to get this figure. Something about it just doesn't feel the same. The sculpt is awesome as far as the detail in it and the final outcome of the everything but the likeness to Viggo.

The factory paint apps look heavy on the beard, and I think that throws off the whole headsculpt. But it stills looks close to the prototype in every other way.

Because we've all waited so long for these, I think our expectations have been raised beyond what we'll get. I hope that's not the case. But these pictures are a good way to start being more realistic. As always, in hand will be better.

I hope those are just crappy pictures because I'm not feeling the love for that figure. Fortunately it's coming soon and I'll decide when it's in hand like usual. You can't always trust pictures.

Was the Aragorn displayed at SDCC this year a production sample or the prototype? Because that one looked good.

Back