1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starfleet Captain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the pic! Buy now!

Captain Harlock with Throne of Arcadia
Captain Harlock Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys

Space Pirate Captain Harlock was a classic manga comics created by the legendary Leiji Matsumoto in the 1970s. The story follows Harlock, an outcast, who has turned into a Space Pirate and led a crew aboard his starship Arcadia to rebel against Earth's oppressors. Its popularity has led to the creation of an animation series in the 1980s, and this year the story has been remade as an epic CG film and is hitting the theaters.
Hot Toys is excited to present the new 1/6th scale Captain Harlock Collectible Figure from the Space Pirate Captain Harlock CG movie. The movie-accurate collectible is meticulously crafted featuring a newly developed head sculpt, stylish costume, weapons and Captain Harlock’s avian friend – Mr. Bird.

Hot Toys – MMS222 – Space Pirate Captain Harlock: 1/6th scale Captain Harlock Collectible Figure Specification

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~
The 1/6th scale Captain Harlock Collectible Figure’s special features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Captain Harlock in Space Pirate Captain Harlock
- Head sculpt with real-like hair sculpture, facial expression, eyepatch, scar, gesture and skin textures
- Approximately 33 cm tall
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including:
- One (1) pair of relax palms
- One (1) pair of posing palms
- One (1) right palm for holding gun
- One (1) right palm for holding rapier
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) black leather-like suit with skull print in front
- One (1) pair of gold color arm armor
- One (1) gold color armor vest
- One (1) removable black and red cloak with skull pin
- Two (2) brown belts
- Two (2) gun holsters
- One (1) pair of brown long boots

Weapons:
- One (1) rapier
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) 1/6th scale Mr. Bird with transparent stand
- Figure stand with Captain Harlock nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by K. A. Kim
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by Kojun

Release date: Q2-Q3, 2014

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

LEIJI MATSUMOTO / CAPTAIN HARLOCK Film Partners
2013 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

See additional pictures and pictures of the Throne of Arcadia in the 3rd post below.

Courtesy of Centrocal

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - 1/6 Captain Harlock & Kei Yuki

Not happening I guess, as the last anime license City Hunter that they did didn't do so well. I guess it's more profitable for their factory to do Iron Man figures, than these.

Additional images:
up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

Hot Toys – MMS223 – Space Pirate Captain Harlock: 1/6th scale Captain Harlock Collectible Figure with Thorne of Arcadia ‘s Special Feature:

ACCESSORIES:
- One (1) 1/6th scale Red and Gray Colored Throne Of Arcadia With Skull Sculptures

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS COULD BE SUBJECTED TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE

RELEASE DATE: Q2-Q3, 2014

© LEIJI MATSUMOTO / CAPTAIN HARLOCK FILM PARTNERS
© 2013 HOT TOYS LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_17.jpg

Courtesy of Centrocal

Last edited:

Not happening I guess, as the last anime license City Hunter that they did didn't do so well. I guess it's more profitable for their factory to do Iron Man figures, than these.

I think this is closer to a game license than an anime license, right? The trailer looks like the character design was done by the folks who did Final Fantasy...(Well it seems like Square Enix IS ponying up this one with Toei????)

I think HT has greater success with game characters, right? I do have to say Ada Wong is a bit of a let down...

City hunter is under CMS, Comic Masterpiece Series, Ada is under VGM...

You guys have forgotten an animated CGI movie under the MMS series, Appleseed sequel: EX Machina
appleseed_ex_machina_349_1280.jpg

It's probably because their City Hunter figures were complete ____.

Hot Toys just doesn't know how to do anime figures. They can't make bodies and hands that look like anime style so it ends up contrasting poorly with the headsculpt, of which has an odd look to it too.

Their Appleseed figures seemed good though.

I think they will have molded hair? Harlock will definitely have molded hair and his outfit should be a combination of the Joker, Batman and Jack Sparrow. He should have his pistol and sword/gun as accessories.

They may go with rooted hair for Kei Yuki? Should be the same hair technology as BW & Catwoman...I still think the glossy outfit will be a big challenge. Otherwise, I think her outfit is closer to Catwoman than BW. She should have a BFG as accessory

well I hope they do still continue to do the line...the trailer looks fantastic and the character designs look pretty sweet....but like everything with HT, you never know when it'll be shown or released.

Looks like they are still happening per the recent Howard Chan interview on OSR. I think these will beat the Play Arts Kai prototypes we have all seen. Can't wait...

Looks like they are still happening per the recent Howard Chan interview on OSR. I think these will beat the Play Arts Kai prototypes we have all seen. Can't wait...

yeah after reading that interview, it eased my fears a bit that it wasn't a dead line. one of my more anticipated lines. can't wait to see how they do this!

We have all seen the license announcement back in 2010. Now that the movie is finally happening (in Japan) on 9/7/2013, when do you think HT will open these 2 figures for preorder?

Other sites mentioned that the prototypes of 1/6 HT figures will be shown during SDCC at the Square Enix booth and the pictures of the prototypes for Play Arts Kai are already everywhere. The Play Arts Kai prototypes are a bit weak IMO.

I wonder if SS will carry these 2 figures? I am not sure how popular Captain Harlock is in the US? I think Kei Yuki is the more difficult one to look good given her outfit is skintight and very glossy, unlike BW & Catwoman which have matte black stretchable rubber, it will not handle wrinkles from all the different poses very well.

They're gonna announce it closer to the movie release

I was hoping they would announce these 2 figs at SDCC, I guess they will announce them closer to 9/7, the release date in Japan...I hope at least they have the prototype out at SDCC? Maybe? Just maybe?

Appleseed were fantastic figures with good sculpts. City hunter were pretty way off.

I figure since they got the license they have to do it anyway just like Avatar.

Appleseed were fantastic figures with good sculpts. City hunter were pretty way off.

I figure since they got the license they have to do it anyway just like Avatar.

"Pretty way off" is a bit unfair....to the consumers. They were completely off a total miss absolutely awful figures :lol

But from what I hear the Appleseed figures are incredible. Hopefully the Harlock ones will channel that spirit. Hot Toys can do CG sculpts, just not actual anime or manga ones.

Only the headsculpt is way off, the rest of the stuffs are pretty good.

Appleseed 1/6 are incredible, can't say the same for the mini figs.

The Wave Appleseed is also pretty neat but pricey.

Yamato Appleseed are also very good for the original TV version.

"Pretty way off" is a bit unfair....to the consumers. They were completely off a total miss absolutely awful figures :lol

But from what I hear the Appleseed figures are incredible. Hopefully the Harlock ones will channel that spirit. Hot Toys can do CG sculpts, just not actual anime or manga ones.

Nah the bodies were terrible on the City Hunter figures as well. Ryo's body was way too big as was his neck. It looked really awkward and posing with him wasn't as fun too. The stuff they used to pad his legs hindered articulation quite a bit.

Saeko was an absolutely disaster in all ways though. Her accessories were cheap in quality (the knives could easily bend and fall off), her head sculpt was highly inaccurate and looked terrible, and her body and tailoring were awful. Her clothes did not fit well at all and the body was severely lacking in articulation and good porportions. To make matters worse she was hard to balance and the way they designed her high heels were terrible.

Even tho I have no interest in this series, the chance that I got to buy this for $3 was too good to pass up.
pirate-captain-harlock-kei-yuki-play-arts-kai-figure.jpg

Back