Replace your Detolf shelving with...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakersrevenge

Super Freak
Reaction score
Integrated LED shelving.

We know a majority of collectors uses the Detolfs as its quite a decent cabinet and due to space ideal for us collectors, also we know some of you use the led strips to illuminate the display, as we do. But we do find that the LED strips and spots don't illuminate as good as it should.

So, for the past 12 months we at OSB have been secretly developing an integrated LED shelving (LEDs set into the shelving) that replaces the glass shelving on the Detolf, obviously we are not doing this ourselves as we do not have the know how!! So wisely we have hooked up with a very established LED manufacturer here in UK who has a production facility in China.

We have spoken to a few of our loyal customers, to be testers when we have samples, samples are a few months away but we want to put out a small poll in a way of market research.

Yes we know and understand the Ikea Detolf is a cheap way of displaying your figures, and the cost of a full set of our LED shelving may out cost a Detolf cabinet itself, but we do know a lot of you, the Detolf is the only way, so why not make do with the best you got and increase the 'display-ability' of your cabinet with an OSB Detolf LED integrated glass shelving.

Our plan is to get production ready by late 2013 and be for sale by 1st quarter 2014

We will be looking for regional distributors

Please help us by answering our poll on our facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/OneSixthBruce

Thanks
WaiMan
Team OSB

Would be interested too depending on pricing (just answered poll). Also interested to see how they look. You going for a bright white or a warm yellow colour like the current dioders waiman?
Also are these going to be a limited run?or something your looking at providing for a while? considering i can go 7-8 months without needing any more Detolfs after i purchase 2 or 3 units.

Im kinda lost here, so are you selling the LED light to be fitted on a regular detolf or selling a glass display thats similar to detolf with a special LED light built in?

How about integrated LED shelving onto your existing Detolfs for under $50 for 4 Detolf units? That's with up to 2x 1 foot strips of LED per shelf and absolutely no visible wiring at all, no matter how you look at the shelf. Super easy. You could actually easily light 8 Detolf units because 2 linear feet of LED is overkill per shelf. For another $10 (under $60 total) you can have dimmable remote control too. The only caveat is that there's some DIY with this solution.

How about integrated LED shelving onto your existing Detolfs for under $50 for 4 Detolf units? That's with up to 2x 1 foot strips of LED per shelf and absolutely no visible wiring at all, no matter how you look at the shelf. Super easy. You could actually easily light 8 Detolf units because 2 linear feet of LED is overkill per shelf. For another $10 (under $60 total) you can have dimmable remote control too. The only caveat is that there's some DIY with this solution.

Start an Interest Thread. I'd like to see your progress on your solution.

I'm not trying to sell anything, I was just offering to share a straight-forward DIY solution. ;) I'm already doing something similar on my own Detolf units which you can see in my office thread (linked in signature). Most of my shelves will be made of hardboard instead of glass, but it's even easier to use LED ribbon on the original glass Detolf shelves.

Back