ROTJ Luke: SS+Medi+CUstom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamenGuyver

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is my version of ROTJ Luke. I try to combine the best parts from Sideshow and Medicom. I used this custom head because the overall proportion concern, and also I think the details on this head is pretty nice.

Hope you guys like it.

Luke1-1.jpg

Luke2.jpg

It looks nice, but if I may be so indulged to offer a constructive critique.

The head to me doesn't really look too Luke-ish. You may want to look into some people that have been doing srunk castings of SS heads or maybe even try to rework a Medi head?

The outfit I assume is Meidcoms? It looks long in the arms, but has a nice fit in the legs. If you can wing it, a wire in the fold may help greatly.

The belt, Sideshows?

I like the hands. Are they a mix and match of SS and Medicom or both Medi?

The boots look to be Medi. They look really really nice.

The saber. This is another I'm not sure of, SS or Medi?

Overall its a nice figure, but with all works could always use a few extra enhancements. Despite my critique the only important thing is, Are you pleased with the work Kamen?

i think this head looks most accurate so far actually.

maybe the medicom, but I personally don't like the sideshow version too much, but the medicom captures the 70s look quite well

eyes should be BIGGER though

and paint the lips out a little wider, but the sculpt looks nice

GOOD JOB!

Wow, that is pretty nice.

The head looks like it's better in person. Not a dig on the head at all, just that some heads photograph better than others.

Very nice.

Nice work! I used that very same head for my Bespin Luke and it's much nicer in person, trust me everyone.... It's very nice. Great work on the costume, using all the best parts from each company...

Bravo my friend!!!!:chew

Comments are always welcome. Good or bad are all cool :D

I used SS jump suit, layer medicom's paints on top of it. So, the fits on legs is great, but the sleeves do show a bit too long because the base body is a Medicom. I like Medicom body and it is pretty good for Luke. I put some stuffs inside the suit to make it fits better. SIdeshow's suit is a bit too big for Medicom body.

Belt is medicom, but the punch (doesn't show) is from medicom. Boots is also from Medicom. They are very accurate and very well sculpted.

Which Luke sculpt is better is a never-ended debate because none of them (SS, Medi or this custom) are perfect. I guess after all, it's just up tp personal preference. I will use shunk SS Luke head on another ROTJ Luke with robe on.

I am actually a bit surprised that the lips from the pic look not wide enough. It actually looks fine in person. I think I will try to fix the lips latter. The eyes were sculpted a bit small, and....I don't think I can fix it.

Am I happy with it? :lol I enjoy doing custom, and always looking for improvement. No matter the final result is good or bad, they are all my babies....:rotfl

Don't touch those eyes! They're perfect. If they look a little small it's because so many figures in this scale exagerate the eyes to give the head more expression.

Okay, do what you like. But me, I like the eyes they way they are. :D

Looks great, I was wondering how a SS luke would look with that head. I was lucky enough to get one of those a few years back when they were initially offered and it is my favorite Luke head sculpt. I my opinion it matches how Luke looks after the fight with Vader in the throne room. Luke just looks too...something...with the Sideshow headsculpt.

DavAnthony said:
Looks great, I was wondering how a SS luke would look with that head. I was lucky enough to get one of those a few years back when they were initially offered and it is my favorite Luke head sculpt. I my opinion it matches how Luke looks after the fight with Vader in the throne room. Luke just looks too...something...with the Sideshow headsculpt.

Sideshow's Luke looks like a little girlie boy by comparison. That paint job makes the Medicom look like a mansculpt.

I think the head on this figure looks even less like Mark Hamill than the Medicom sculpt but other than that the custom looks fine. Say what you like about the expression or the size of the Sideshow Jedi Luke head but there's no question who it's supposed to be.

pixletwin said:
(Pixletwin waits for the inevitable "I HATE YOU CF" derailment) :lol

We all do, but his comments are widely ignored since he's useless and pathetic, also most have him blocked

I don't see what could be so offensive about CF's post.

Collector Freak said:
This message is hidden because Collector Freak is on your ignore list.

Nope, nothing offensive there. :)

This message is hidden because Collector Freak is on your ignore list.
The hidden message is hidden like so. I hate you aLLL! grrrr lol

maybe this.

by the way, there is a hidden message...
highlight the text or quote meh:eek:

Back