Heroes- Now with spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
I really enjoyed tonight's episode. They don't seem to be giving too much too soon. And the last few minutes with Hiro were great. It's interesting to see how time plays a part in the show.

I'm going to assume that the serial killer also has super powers. Maybe the super villain of the show?

And female FBI agents on television sure are attractive.

Anyone notice that Syler was referred to as "Patient Zero"? A possible Sideshow connection? :lol

Batty said:
Anyone notice that Syler was referred to as "Patient Zero"? A possible Sideshow connection? :lol
I thought that was funny too. Maybe they'll call the cop subject 5. :lol Seriously though, isn't patient zero a medical term for the first patient with a disease or something?

Agent0028 said:
I thought that was funny too. Maybe they'll call the cop subject 5. :lol Seriously though, isn't patient zero a medical term for the first patient with a disease or something?

Indeed it is.

Jesse

I like the LOST-like little clues too. So did anyone else see the design in the empty spaces of the computer program that Mohindar discovered? And it's just like one of the paintings at the artist did? And that same design could be half of a DNA double helix?

Damn, you're observant! I saw the design, but I didn't notice it was like the artists paintings, nor did I make the connection to half a double helix.

Darklord Dave said:
I like the LOST-like little clues too. So did anyone else see the design in the empty spaces of the computer program that Mohindar discovered? And it's just like one of the paintings at the artist did? And that same design could be half of a DNA double helix?

pretty sure that same design was in the pool of the house where the cop found the lil girl. it looked like it was made of a long floaty or hose. does look like half a helix

I'm still on the fence w/ this one... It borders a little too much on 'corny', although I did enjoy the 2nd episode more than the pilot. I dug the fact that the Chinese kid essentially spent the entire episode in the future, that was cool. :)

I don't care much for pretty-single-mom's storyline. So her power is that her reflection comes to life and slaughters people? Lame.

I like the dynamic between the flying bros, some really nice character development there.

Not fond of the cheerleader either.... I'm hoping some of these characters grow on me, otherwise I'll probably drop it. There is only so much time in the day, and I'm already hooked on LOST and X-Files re-runs. :)

Andy, he's Japanese. And I like how these aren't necessarily comic book hero type powers. More like 4400 than X-Men really.

And I see Ali Larter as kind of like Eclipso (remember the eclipse in the pilot) who has a super powered evil side.

The cheerleader's powers aren't that clear - apparently she can be injured but doesn't feel pain, yet she doesn't burn at all? Much like how Wolverine is depicted, only she's more extreme.

I liked this episode. I kinda feel like they are moving fast, but so far soo good for me.

I kinda like this faster pace. I hope that they do one story line then go to the next instead of dragging it out. Since there is alot of comparison to Lost I'll go ahead with that. The pace on Lost is a bit annoying for me. I like resolution, I fear that Lost is going to go down in quality and popularity and either the show will end without all the questions being answered or we're going to get a half assed answer for stuff. Hopefully I'm wrong. Anyways, that's why I hope that this show clicks along and either has a few episodes devoted to a story line, or maybe each season is one story line or something like that. Kinda like comics, several issues to make one story arc.

SDCC version: The artist handcuffed himself to the water heater in his apartment to go cold turkey, and when they found him he had hacked his hand off with a saw to get his fix. That's one example.

tomandshell said:
SDCC version: The artist handcuffed himself to the water heater in his apartment to go cold turkey, and when they found him he had hacked his hand off with a saw to get his fix. That's one example.

I remember that, I had forgotten, thanks tom. Now I'm starting to remember the differences..

And what the heck happened to the Muslim terrorist whose radioactive hand not only boiled water, it also caused his wife to die of cancer? In the SDCC version, the cop who reads minds helped the police track him down through the other terrorist captured in the house, and when the cops burst in at the end the "hero" cop recognized the radioactive guy and called him by name. The whole terrorist subplot, with the cop hearing the whispering of the terrorist hiding in the house and culminating in the police raid, has been removed, and the cops are now drawn to the house because of a kidnapping/frozen brain removal plot. I am amazed that such a large portion of the show was completely discarded and replaced with something cheesier, in my opinion. The pilot that got me interested and raised a lot of interesting questions has vanished...

tomandshell said:
And what the heck happened to the Muslim terrorist whose radioactive hand not only boiled water, it also caused his wife to die of cancer? In the SDCC version, the cop who reads minds helped the police track him down through the other terrorist captured in the house, and when the cops burst in at the end the "hero" cop recognized the radioactive guy and called him by name. The whole terrorist subplot, with the cop hearing the whispering of the terrorist hiding in the house and culminating in the police raid, has been removed, and the cops are now drawn to the house because of a kidnapping/frozen brain removal plot. I am amazed that such a large portion of the show was completely discarded and replaced with something cheesier, in my opinion. The pilot that got me interested and raised a lot of interesting questions has vanished...

I hear ya....some exec at nbc probably didn't like the terrorist angle of the other pilot and probably ordered it changed.

Was the pilot shown at SDCC just the first episode shown on TV, or the first two episodes?

Batty said:
Was the pilot shown at SDCC just the first episode shown on TV, or the first two episodes?

It ran close to an hour and a half, but it was all edited together into one piece, with four (I think) chapter titles. Wish I could remember them... I had the feeling that each episode would be two chapters of the unfolding story. Now I don't know what to think!

Back