Keeping Boxes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdevil

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I was doing a clear up of my house when I came across some boxes I have from collectibles and I realized how much room they take up, which lead me to my question.

What do other collectors do with their boxes?

Do you keep them? If so how much of them? (i.e. Do you keep the actual packing and get rid the brown box it was delivered in)

I've been collecting DC Collectibles figures and I decided to just keep the outer card and flatten it down, but I'm still wondering about my 1:6 figures.

Any help would be great.

Also if this is in the wrong thread, could a mod move it to the right one, thanks.

I keep mine in the attic, and usually keep them in the shipper box if I have them. They don't take up much more space when they are in the shippers, so why not? I keep them in case I decide to re-sell, because that does affect price. I don't display boxes or anything. I don't keep packaging for most non-high end stuff.

I keep my 1/6 boxes, if it comes with the brown box, that would be better and easier for me to store, if not, I just use plastic wrapper for them..

All in the attic / loft for me. I keep them in the shipper boxes if I can as it protects the "art" box from damp and other stuff.

I learnt as I got older but I really wish my mum and dad had paid more attention and told me to "never throw away the box!"

period

Mine are in the garage. Statue and Replica boxes with styrofoam inside don't break down well so they are basically just as they came to me taking up half the garage.
I did have to move some star wars toys to the shed to make room for them and be able to use the garage for other things. (no cars though lol)
I guess I value the empty boxes more than the hasbro toys lol.
Now my son needs to grow up so he can play with the toys...then I get most of the shed back lol.

I keep them in a crawl space in the basement, in garbage bags to keep dust off. If they came with a shipper, I keep the HT/SS/whatever box inside the shipper while in storage.

I'll keep the box usually on anything ~$100 and up.

Although that's not an iron clad rule, apparently. I was looking to sell my Rocketeer bust, but realized I apparently threw out the box for it. So I'll probably just keep it, since that'll drop the price to a level where I'd rather just still own it.

I keep boxes for most things including games consoles.
But regarding my statues i always keep the brown shipper.
If i have bought a statue without the shipper
Then i wrap the box in a thick trash/bin bag and seal
with duct tape then write on the duct tape what box it is.
The first state u bought was HCG endoskull and i did not do any of this
now the box has seen better days which i regret.
Also i live in a ground floor apartment with no attic space so i store them stacked in the spare room.
And in the bedroom clothes cupboard:)

Thanks for all the info guys!

I'm not intending on selling anything at the moment but better be safe then sorry. :)

Hidden Jitsu, I'm in an apartment aswell, so no attic here either, though I do have a storage locker gonna have to go clear out whatever's in there now.

I keep my collectible boxes in the original brown shipping box that came with them. For added protection. Recently I have been clearing out my sun room (where I was storing my boxes) and moving them down to the basement. I have wrapped the boxes in plastic for more added protection.

I only keep the boxes for high-end stuff now. My NECA stuff I only keep the inserts and/or the cards without the clamshells.

I keep all my SS and HT boxes, my neca figs boxes i have but i don't have many anyway so they are in the loft. My HT boxes have filled my wardrobe up and my SS ones are in the spare room lol.
The only box i have displayed currently is the Sam pred's box its simply beautifully made

i keep all boxes. you'll need them if you decide to sell or if you move. if you plan on staying in your house the rest of your life and don't forecast you'll ever need the money in the future, then throw them out. but i'd save them.

I live in an apartment. I have no space whatsoever. I've filled my wardrobe, the top of the wardrobe and the spare room is full of boxes full of empty boxes as well as boxed figures i just don't have space to display

It's actually becoming a problem

I live in an apartment. I have no space whatsoever. I've filled my wardrobe, the top of the wardrobe and the spare room is full of boxes full of empty boxes as well as boxed figures i just don't have space to display

It's actually becoming a problem

Same here i live in a 2 bed apartment ,with my girlfriend , 5 year old son and a cat.
The clothes wardrobe in the bedroom i half filled with stuff.
Then the spare room were i paint has a double wardrobe in there filled to the brim with model kit's and what not.
Then along the wall is stacked to the roof with statue boxes and those plastic containers filled with retro video games and then 2 mountain bikes.
So the baby sleeps in the main bedroom with us.
I don't want to risk a storage unit as i would never be able to sleep thing it is going to burn down or get robbed.
The only way forward is to sell statues when you buy more is to sell them as hard as it may be.
Or stop buying.
As i have 4 display cabinets filled with statues and also statues on the top of them.
And i have another 4 statues due to arrive this year.
The box of my Starcraft Tychus Findlay is huge bigger than 3 PF boxes.
Also i'm **** when it comes to box damage and wear i even hate the brown shipper getting damaged:rotfl

Back