Episode III DVD November 8th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

Viking28

The year's No. 1 movie so far, Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, is expected to arrive in stores Nov. 8.

I'm hoping that GL blends deleted scenes into the actuall movie, EE style instead of just as extras!

That'd be cool, ala Phantom Menace. Hope to have my tactile transducers installed before ROTS is released on DVD too. Maybe even add another sub.

My main wish for the DVD release actually concerns Ep. I and not Ep. III.

They are making a new boxset of all 6 films and a new set of the PT only that is also coming out the same day that Ep III hits DVD. I really hope that they finally go back and place a CG Yoda into Ep. I as has been long rumored. He looks really out of place in that film, since he doesn't match the original puppet from the OT or the CG Yodas of Eps. II and III.

I'm sure a CG Yoda will be added to Ep. I when the final archival editions come out around 2007 or so.

Even though I have the OT trilogy. I think I'll wait for the new boxset of all 6 films.

Although Yoda looked deferent in Episode 1,:lol :p he still looked a lot better then he did in Episode 2.:x

AAGGH!!! Do I really need to buy 5 movies I already have?? Its ....RETURN OF THE DOUBLE DIP!:bang

I really hope GL does a directors cut of The Sith.
George is about the only director where the released cut IS the director's cut. But I'd love to see an expanded version - the subplot with the birth of the rebellion sounds interesting and it's more Natalie too!

Yeah,I hope he does a directors cut, but I wouldn't bet on it.:\ I just want to see Gui-gon, again.8) :rock

George is about the only director where the released cut IS the director's cut.

this is true, but even he has to edit his films for the theatre release so the running time is not to long, which would affect the number of times a threatre could play it in a day.

speaking of director's cuts, i'm suprised to see this kind of talk on a star wars forum. the 1997 and 2004 special editions, are, after all, "director's cuts".:xmas

i just hope they can finally fix the lightsabers in episode 4 so they match up with the PT.

AAGGH!!! Do I really need to buy 5 movies I already have?? Its ....RETURN OF THE DOUBLE DIP!

The boxsets in November will be most likely a bundle of the current releases. I think all of the changes will take place around 2007, which will not really be that big of a double dip. I mean after all, I bought the Ep. I DVD in 2001, so a 6 year gap isn't that big of a deal. In fact, I HOPE that Lucas releases these with as many extras as possible.

George is about the only director where the released cut IS the director's cut.

There's no doubt that the released cut is the director's cut. George funds these films largely by himself, so he tells Fox what to do, and not vice-versa. However, the problem with SW is that it is so effects laden that many shots are not ready for the theatrical release. Look at the firing of Jango's jetpack when he gets killed in Ep. II for instance.... it didn't happen that way in the theater.

Yeah, I'll probably buy all 6 if its the defenitive release. If not I'll buy the 3 prequels.

Glad to hear it's coming out in November. I do have one thing that irritates me about GL, the extended scenes of Ep 1 & 2 are not added into the movie like most movies now do with their extended editions... Oh well :dunno

^^^ i agree. i wish!!! that they will do this like the LOTR extended edtions. :banana :banana how cool would that be??

Mini Rock,

Get the Buttkicker II transducer and a 1000 watt amp for it.

It's incredible.

Well, the decision is between the Clark Synthesis Tactile Transducer and the Buttkicker of course. I've had the pleasure of installing and auditoning both in many theaters, but I haven't fully decided what I'm going to use in mine yet. I'll be getting new seating shortly, though, which will ultimately be the deciding factor. You use the Buttkickers in your theater?

Yes, right now I have one Buttkicker and two Auro shakers installed in the main couch.

However, I plan on building a platform soon and will add a second buttkicker and then install them under the platform. I will buy some media seats too and replace the couches.

I also tried tried the Clark but the Buttkicker had more of a "punch" to it.

Awesome Gruson. Love it man! :clap I agree on the Buttkicker having a little more punch than the Clark, but, like I said, it'll depend on the seating I get. In the meantime, I've got another monoblock amp coming and will be using a 5ch amp for the center and surrounds. The riser for your theater sounds like a good idea. Just be careful not raise your seating too high where your ears are above the tweeter's (on your mains) too much. Your set-up is awesome man. Love it!

Back