Can you add insurance at the post office after printing label at home?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I am an idiot and accidentally didn't click insurance when I printed my label out for a package I am sending out tommorow. Does anyone know if I can just have them add insurance tommorow when I drop it off and I would just pay the extra there? Thanks!

If you paid through Paypal and printed the shipping label claim through them there is an option to cancel and re-do the label.

If you did it through USPS website then you should be able to add insurance post facto at the post office.

I did it through the ebay paid with paypal. I just don't really want to go through the hassle of cancelling and hoping they refund it back if I can just go through the post office to add it.

I did it through the ebay paid with paypal. I just don't really want to go through the hassle of cancelling and hoping they refund it back if I can just go through the post office to add it.

You probably could but eBay/Paypal wouldn't have any record of it is all. If you do it, make sure you keep your receipts.

I've done it before since sometimes it won't let me add insurance online. Just like Ween said, keep the receipts and you should be ok.

Well for anyone who is wondering they did allow it. They just added a sticker to the box for me and then charged me for the insurance price.

Every time I do the quote online I always get a cheaper rate when I go to the Post Office.....don't know what magic they use but they do it every time.

Every time I do the quote online I always get a cheaper rate when I go to the Post Office.....don't know what magic they use but they do it every time.

Really? It always shows the online price is cheaper. I might have to try that then.

Don't know if this explains the difference, but on eBay now you get two options--ShipCover (the default when I check out) and USPS. I think the former is cheaper for cheaper items, but USPS is actually cheaper for more expensive things. Also, USPS covers the shipping cost if you insure it for that amount, while the Click to Ship does not.

Don't know if this explains the difference, but on eBay now you get two options--ShipCover (the default when I check out) and USPS. I think the former is cheaper for cheaper items, but USPS is actually cheaper for more expensive things. Also, USPS covers the shipping cost if you insure it for that amount, while the Click to Ship does not.

Check out Upic insurance. I have used them many times and they are a good price and paid a $400 claim without much hassle.

Back