I burned my Obi-Wan & SDCC Anakin! (on purpose)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSRJedi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I spent a little bit of time this morning trying to give my Sideshow 12" Obi-Wan & SDCC Anakin more of a Mustafar feel. I gave them some burn marks on the clothing and covered them in ash. I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Click here for the full story.

You know, you could have achieved the same results with a solder, and drybrushing paint and pastels. Would have been much safer and the results are much more controllable.

Looks cool. I thought about ordering a second of each to do the same actually. Just not enough money to go around.

I just couldnt make myself to even paint a figure much less burn the thing. I am glad you liked how they turned out.

Cool, it looks like your actually having fun with your dolls. That's what it's all about in my book.

I have extras of each exclusive but I dont think I could ever do that. For one, Id probably screw it up. and I just like the way they look without burns.

but they are pretty cool to see someone's creativity kick in.

Those look really cool. A very creative approach to customization. I especially like the burn hole on Anakin's sleeve, it looks really authentic, probably because it actually is a burn hole.

-Ben

When i was a kid i'd burn the hell, shoot bb and dismember my toys.

No way would I burn up $100 worth of figures today. They are stuck in that scene forever.

Very good job man~!! And you did not go overboard like I did when I burned my Anakin! I applaud your bravery in attempting this. Everyone thought I was nuts when I did mine as well.... :D

Yeah, you could've achieved a similiar look without burning them... BUT... it would not have looked so damn AUTHENTIC!!! :chew

I solute you for having the balls to toast 2 $60 figures. Something I could never do. But they came out nice. You are a brave one GSR.

First we had the water treatment, and now fire. What's next, wind, earth and uh, heart?

TheObsoleteMan said:
Cool, it looks like your actually having fun with your dolls. That's what it's all about in my book.

ACTION FIGURES !!!

Amanaman said:
First we had the water treatment, and now fire. What's next, wind, earth and uh, heart?

GO PLANET !!!

Back on topic, that looks really nice man. Like other said, it's too scared to even touch my figures, they are alright the way they came. But more power to ya.

Back