Medicom X-3 Wolverine Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
This looks like a great fig, but how tall is it supposed to be? From what I understand, Medicom bodies are shorter than your usual 1/6th scale figs,
yet, I heard their previous Marvel figures were in the 12" scale.
Does anyone know how tall Wolverine is supposed to be? Thanks!

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
This looks like a great fig, but how tall is it supposed to be? From what I understand, Medicom bodies are shorter than your usual 1/6th scale figs,
yet, I heard their previous Marvel figures were in the 12" scale.
Does anyone know how tall Wolverine is supposed to be? Thanks!

when people say medicom bodies are short.. it's true they are BY .2 FRICKIN INCHES. So yes the over do it a little eh.(and say they're short):rolleyes: most medicom figures are 300mm aka 11.8 inches tall so yeah wolvie will be 12inches .2 is hardly even noticeable to the naked eye.

I have Jack Sparrow and Rocketeer, and Rocketeer's exactly the same height as my SSC vampire Buffy on the short female body, Jack's just a tad shorter than her.

Seth Gecko said:
when people say medicom bodies are short.. it's true they are BY .2 FRICKIN INCHES. So yes the over do it a little eh.(and say they're short):rolleyes: most medicom figures are 300mm aka 11.8 inches tall so yeah wolvie will be 12inches .2 is hardly even noticeable to the naked eye.

It all depends which Medicom body you have. My Medicom Neo is shorter than my Medicom Cyclops which is shorter that any average SS figure.

In fact, Venom is almost half an inch shorter than Spider-Man. That's a lot when you take into the fact that Venom should be at least 2 inches taller than Spidey.

right but from the first post he's wondering if they're all around 12' includin wolverine which they are.

Given Wolverine's height, I say a Medicom body will be the best scale for him. You can display him with anyone you like.

Medicom comic Wolverine is in good 1/6th scale, but I don't think their X3 wolverine will be. Looks like Medicom's X3 Wolverine is in their standard RAH 301 Kai body.

Hugh Jackman is like...6' 3" tall? That will be about 31.7 cm in 1/6. I can be almost certain Medicom X3 Wolverine gonna be too short.

bluesparrow said:
I don't mind if Medicom X3 Wolverine is too short. Jackman's tall but the character is meant to be short.

My feelings exactly. Wolverine is supposed to be short, regardless of how the movie portrays his height. So I'm good there. :D

Seth Gecko said:
Hey Seth Gecko, I'm with you on this one!

Fellow collectors please keep this in mind about the scale size on 1:6 scale figure market, West verses East. Remember that that the U.S. still measures in “standard/inch” verses the rest of the world measures’ using the, “metric system”.

A 1/6 scale averages in about 12 inches in height in the standard/inch yet if you convert in that, same/average 1/6 scale figure using the metric system, millimeter (mm). The conversion would be, 1 inch = 25.4mm. This means 11.8 inches tall. And depending on the subject these 1/6 scale figures could be larger than 12 inches in height or smaller, i.e. Medicom's Darth Vader or Wolverine (comic version), Hot Toys Predator

Be Well All,
_____
Ben

Last edited:
Uhhh...I dunno....If he turns out to be shorter than the comic Medi's I may cancel my preorder. I'm hoping he'll fit in with my HT Supes and Bats for a comic movie display. If he's SW or Comic Medi height that's fine. But if he's as short as the Medi Batman Returns I'll have to pass. Time will tell I guess.

/sigh

if you want to know these things goto medicom's website.
he is 11.8 inches tall (300mm) sames as all the others.(but if he was say 280mm that would be cool cause logan is a shorite....but it won't be.

we should be getting some pics very soon he's on the way!:cool:

Nobody's actually measuring these things, they're comparing them side by side to other companies' 1/6 figures and Medicom by and large are shorter than the others.

There are exceptions, but it's not some trick of the metric/US conversion. Medicom figures usually are shorter. Any picture of Sideshow Jedi Luke next to Medicom Jedi Luke will prove this. It's not a .2" difference, either. It's more like a 1.0" difference:

image0758.jpg

Not all Medicom figures are this short(my Rocketeer 2.0 isn't) but many are.

bluesparrow said:
Nobody's actually measuring these things, they're comparing them side by side to other companies' 1/6 figures and Medicom by and large are shorter than the others.

There are exceptions, but it's not some trick of the metric/US conversion. Medicom figures usually are shorter. Any picture of Sideshow Jedi Luke next to Medicom Jedi Luke will prove this. It's not a .2" difference, either. It's more like a 1.0" difference:

image0758.jpg

Not all Medicom figures are this short(my Rocketeer 2.0 isn't) but many are.
Bluesparrow, Beautiful pictorial comparsion. Yes there are always exceptions to almost any rule. But there is one rule that is undeniable and therefore can not be altered and that is... they both are awesome. And they represent arguably the best from both east and west, low volume manufactured Jedi Luke!

The intricacies to the smallest details speak for themselves with this particular photo. From this photo everyone has there favorite Jedi Luke or not.

Generally speaking though, we should be content with our choices and just move on! :joy

Again
Bluesparrow, beautiful pictorial comparsion. :)
____
Ben

Last edited:
Oh sure, I'm not knocking the looks of Medicom's stuff. It usually looks stellar. I'd buy more if I could afford to. However, since I have to be very picky about which Medicom figures I buy, I tend to choose ones that will fit in well heightwise with my Sideshow and Hot Toys and BBi figures. Which many Medicom do not.

Though again, I don't consider this an issue with Wolverine.

Oct. 5, 2007 -

FYI
Hey All I just received an email from SSC Processing Department about the
12” X-Men: The Last Stand Wolverine (item #4335) from the Marvel – Medicom Toy RAH 12-inch Figures Collection. Estimate of arrival into the SSC U.S. warehouse within the next 5-7 days.

well as a rule, Medi figs based on movies are short (Star Wars, Scissorhands, Sparrow, ect) , and the comic based ones are taller. i'd bet money that this Wolvie/Jackman will be about the same height as their Jedi Luke. now for the character of Logan, this is fine since Jackman was too damn tall anyway, but if ur going for a movie accurate look alongside say HT Bats/Supes, i doubt it's gonna work. i just canceled mine because i'm sure it's gonna be to short to represent Jackman alongside my other comic figs

Last edited:
Back