polystone statue cleaning tips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggyfx

Super Freak
Reaction score
title says it all guys, just wondering if anyone had any neat tricks or tips for keeping these guys clean without damaging them, thanks:)

I use a feather duster. the feathers are soft enough to get around and into all the crevices.

After that i've read small paint brushes, although i have not used them.

Also, you need to clean, like every week. If that dust accumulates for months or years, it will ruin the statue.

I use large make-up brushes. Similar to paint brushes just larger with longer bristles, un-used of course, bought new for this purpose (yes you have to man up and shop in the cosmetics department). They work well to get in to tight spots, just work slow and watch the handle. For a stubborn area dab gently with a clean damp cloth. For fabric (like PF Obi’s robe) I use the brush and sheet from a lint roller (the sticky type). Tear a new sheet off the roll and set it against the fabric (no pressure) and peel off carefully. It has never left residue or taken up any of the fabric.

Like the above poster I use a make up brush for the harder to get to areas and I also use cans of compressed air. Seems to work very well.

I use a rocket blower that I usually use for my camera. Other than that, I use a feather duster and one of these:

Kabuki-Brush-1000x1024.jpg

I recently bought a retractable makeup brush. It works wonders. I keep everything behind glass though so they only require a light dust every few months. Shop for a generic brand because they can get quite pricey.

I use compressed air, a brush and a micro fiber cloth used on camera lenses. All work great to use for dusting off your collection.

I use compressed air, a brush and a micro fiber cloth used on camera lenses. All work great for dusting off your collection.

I robbed a blusher brush from the wife, works great. I also use sellotape if any cloth gets a bit dusty.
^ Good to see CBG reading this thread. Get to work man!

The times I have gotten a polystone statue or bust that was extremely caked in dust I just washed them in the kitchen sink with the water sprayer.

Back