Action Figure NECA Jason Crystal lake diorama (in progress)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikekind

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy howdy howdy!

I got the NECA "Final chapter" BD Jason (Can't recommend it enough; fabulous figure) and was left a little disappointed he didn't come with a base. I know we all used to dismiss the bases, but now I've grown to like them, and I felt he could really use one. So, I started work on my first diorama, which has been a dream of mine for a few years now. I figured I wouldn't overreach and settled on a forest floor.

I bought a dio kit for miniatures, and just scaled it up; one of those super useful little kits from Michael's crafts. I used spray adhesive to adhere to sandpaper-like surface to a blank wood canvas, and a combination of spray adhesive/super glue/hot glue to create the details of the terrain. I made the sign from a printout and some foam. the sticks are...well, sticks.

Not everything can be fancy :lol

It's still got plenty left to do, but I was pleased with my progress so far, and wanted to share. It's getting a background wall, borders and some more accessories, but here's the start:

Thanks for checking it out!

Liking it a lot. Personally I think there's no better base for Jason than the forest floor (a tie would be a well-made dock w/water). Looking forward to seeing the sides and background completed (hopin' for lots o' tree trunks surrounding him -- claustrophobia + Jason = :ohbfrank:).

That's awesome, just got a part 4 Jason and they are cool figures. How did you do the Crystal Lake sign ?

The sign is a decent quality print-out, I weathered it some, and glued it to a piece of foam. I then glued that to foam, and painted the whole shebang. Very easy to do. I used this image:

campcrystandard_zpsf0c42d38.jpg

Just print it, cut it out, and glue it to some foam of the appropriate size/density. Warning: use a decent Exact-O blade or similar cutting implement-I tried one with a utility knife and it was bad times.

That turned out great man. I really like the ground texture, looks perfect.

Back