in memory

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiderrogue

Super Freak
Reaction score
sooooo..some of you know this and others dont...i don't usually say much about it(unless someone asks me how many kids we have...it's hard to explain that we have 5, but only have 4 with us)....but kinda really needed to do so this time around..this is our oldest daughter, Bethaney...
Thursday the 25th would have been her sweet 16th birthday...
I say "would have" been. you see, Beth passed away 9 years ago(on Jan. 10th of '04) and isn't with us anymore. She was 6, fixing to 7 that April...
Some of you who know me, will have noticed that i haven't been online much lately..mostly due to this time of year really sucking for me and my family...and this being a really hard time to try or want to do anything other then mourn her.
If anyone would like to know more about it, you can feel free to pm me. I don't really like to talk about it too much in public, so im not going to go into more details about her death...Im not asking for attention or anything like that...just kind of trying to find a way to talk about her a bit and not have to talk about her..if that makes sense? Im not trying to make anyone sad or feel sorry for me or anything like that...that's not my intent or purpose...i think that sometimes talking about it, helps a bit in a weird way....

P8221572_zps1c31af00.jpg

bethbday10_zps99e0e989.jpg

I can't comprehend the pain of losing a child, but I can understand what you mean about the need to talk about it without talking about it.

I hope you can find the peace you and your family needs.

I can't imagine the amount of strength you must be forced to find, even to this day.

I only have one child, and even the thought of losing him is more than I could deal with... I'm not sure if you're a religious guy, and I'm really not, but there's that saying "God only gives you what you can handle." If that's the case, you can handle a lot more than I ever could, spiderrogue. You're a brave man.

I can't find the words to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. My prayers for you and your family.

Keep getting it out there man. She's worth every commemoration of her life. There's no greater inspiration than the love for one's child.

Definitely think you are strong for even having the courage to bring this up. So cliche but I can't imagine what you go through every year. Hopefully after so many years you can simply reflect on the good times you had with her.

I'm sure she's still with you in a lot of ways.

That's the kind of feeling I would like to share with you spiderrogue. The LOVE for a child is unbreakable, and will link both you and her forever. I don't know which words I could use to comfort you, that kind of love is a very special gift.

I send you and your family my thoughts and strength. Big hug.

Back