Time for another announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thamesvalidude

Super Freak
Reaction score
Come on Sideshow, after a brief flurry of activity around comic con time we have been starved of Whedonville figures. Let's have an announcement very soon: An Anya/Anyanka, a Wesley, Gunn. Fred/Illyria etc etc............there's so many to do and I haven't even mentioned bad guys demons etc.:D

Bring on Wesley and Anya!!! It's the right way to go!!:D :D SS we NEED announcements!!

We've got quite a few figures coming - Angel, Cordelia, Lorne, Giles....I'm pleased just to have Giles and Cordy. I'm not really expecting another announcement anytime soon.

Yeah give peoples plastic a rest:lol

I want anya next or another buffy.

But I would rather they announce another figure after Cordy and lorne are out.

I'm content with the figures coming up in the near future! With four on the horizon already it seems too soon for a new announcement. Maybe when we're down to waiting for two of them we can get a new announcement. That actually wouldn't be that far away with Angel coming very soon and Cordy scheduled to arrive 4th quarter. And Lorne and Giles are scheduled for the 1st quarter 07 so I'd definitely think there is another figure in the wings waiting (hope it's Wesley!!).

I get nervous when we only have one figure left to ship and no new announcement has come. But with these last three announcements and their expected deliveries so close together I'm definitely expecting to hear news in the next couple of months of another new figure.

Firefly Flanatic said:
I'm content with the figures coming up in the near future! With four on the horizon already it seems too soon for a new announcement. Maybe when we're down to waiting for two of them we can get a new announcement. That actually wouldn't be that far away with Angel coming very soon and Cordy scheduled to arrive 4th quarter. And Lorne and Giles are scheduled for the 1st quarter 07 so I'd definitely think there is another figure in the wings waiting (hope it's Wesley!!).

Don't forget PF Buffy, coming next month (hopefully) and Spike, also scheduled for 1st quarter 2007. That makes 6 figures coming soon. I couldn't be any more pleased but I'd like at least a hint that new figures are coming after those.

Oh, and how great would a Waiting in the Wings Wesley would be? However, a generic season 3-4 look is more reasonable.

I would be VERY surprised if we hear any new Whedonville announcements before Toy Fair.

As long as we don't end up with everything shipping at once like the star wars 12"ers did. :D

Protozaius said:
I would be VERY surprised if we hear any new Whedonville announcements before Toy Fair.

I agree. I suspect that will be when the big stuff in most lines are announed (i.e. armour for star wars etc) and in the case of buffy cos of the limited releases - thats when I'd expect an announcement.

God I would adore a Wesley! Preferably the later 'gun toting f*cked up' version of later seasons. If it was a good likeness I'd buy him in a heartbeat!

I think Cordelia, Lorne, and Giles will all be out by the time Toy Fair comes around, so I would hope we'd have at least 1 announcement for each license Buffy and Angel.

For Buffy, I'm hoping for Anya in her Chosen attire with her Bunny Suit as the accessory.

For Angel, I'm hoping for Wesley. Either from Rain of Fire, Apololypse Nowish, or Not Fade Away.

At Toy Fair, I hope they annouce:
Buffy: Tara and Willow from Once More with Feeling and Buffy from either Chosen or OMWF.
Angel: Illyria and Gunn, and possibly Fred as well. Also, it would be smart of Sideshow to do another human-face modern Spike.

I want pissed off, 5 o'clock shadow having, shotgun toting, "I had my throat cut and all my friends abandoned me" Wesley.
Complete with a needle of that drug he gave to Faith to bring Angel down.

Watching his charater transform over the course of 5 seasons was THE reason I watched religiously. Just watching one person go from a bumbling ponce to kidnapping Angels child, and sleeping with Lilah, made for awesome tv. :D

blazelsd said:
I want pissed off, 5 o'clock shadow having, shotgun toting, "I had my throat cut and all my friends abandoned me" Wesley.

NOW WE'RE TALKIN!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

blazelsd said:
Watching his charater transform over the course of 5 seasons was THE reason I watched religiously. Just watching one person go from a bumbling ponce to kidnapping Angels child, and sleeping with Lilah, made for awesome tv. :D
Exactly why Wes is my favorite character. No one from either Buffy or Angel had a more drastic or compelling story arc than Wes.

blazelsd said:

Yup, that's the one I want too! And the accessory can be Justine with a bucket locked in a closet!:lol

Wesley was my favorite character on Angel and it is because of the awesome arc his character had.

Back