Sideshow Padawan Obi-Wan action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight I'm checking out the latest release from Sideshow in their Star wars sixth scale line - the Padawan version of Obi-Wan! I'm looking at the exclusive version that includes a second head sculpt. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Nice review, thanks for posting.

The only thing I disagree with is seeing Harrison Ford in the battle face, but what do I know, I can't find Harrison Ford in Han Solo sculpts. :lol

I'd like to see somebody take the Taylor sculpt and put the Indy hat on it.

I had an issue with the saber arm as well... a replacement is in the mail so hopefully the new one will work.

Have to say, I had an initial positive reaction to the improved (for Sideshow) paint work and other features of this figure. But the more I have it the less I care for it. I guess like the review the hopes (and price) were high for this on and Sideshow just fell short.

I guess like the review the hopes (and price) were high for this on and Sideshow just fell short.

I'm noticing this as well.

I thought it was a fine little figure. I'm only using it for parts, but everything on it seemed very nice to me. I had no interest in the heads and the light-up saber, so I sold them to recoup the cost of the figure, in essence getting everything I needed for free, so that may color my opinion on it. In general, I thought the boots were well done, I don't like molded boots, mostly because of articulation restriction, but the two-piece boots was very effective. Really, the only niggle I agreed with in the review was the way the wire is in the hood. It's just too long to be effective. It's the first time I've had that problem, I swear.

I think this is just a case of people's expectations rising faster than the quality of the figure.

The sculpt issue is funny to me, because everyone around here acts like Trevor Grove is Christ re-incarnated, but no one is holding him accountable for missing the mark here. The criticisms just hold "Sideshow" in general accountable for it.

:dunno

I'm noticing this as well.

I thought it was a fine little figure. I'm only using it for parts, but everything on it seemed very nice to me. I had no interest in the heads and the light-up saber, so I sold them to recoup the cost of the figure, in essence getting everything I needed for free, so that may color my opinion on it. In general, I thought the boots were well done, I don't like molded boots, mostly because of articulation restriction, but the two-piece boots was very effective. Really, the only niggle I agreed with in the review was the way the wire is in the hood. It's just too long to be effective. It's the first time I've had that problem, I swear.

I think this is just a case of people's expectations rising faster than the quality of the figure.

The sculpt issue is funny to me, because everyone around here acts like Trevor Grove is Christ re-incarnated, but no one is holding him accountable for missing the mark here. The criticisms just hold "Sideshow" in general accountable for it.

:dunno

I didn't think this was Trevor's sculpt? If it is, then yeah, a rare miss for him.

I actually prefer the exclusive head, it looks less like Ewan (although neither really do) but I think the intensity just fits better than the ultra passive regular sculpt.

I think the likeness is pretty good here. Very obvious to me who the character/actor is supposed to be. But it looks so "soft" and basic in relation to what we've seen from other companies and the custom world, despite the fact that it is a huge upgrade from previous Sideshow human offerings. This is a problem that also plagues the Joe figures.

I think Michaels reviews are normally pretty spot on but in this case I do disagree with what he says about the headscuplts . At first glance I can easily tell thats its Ewan Mcgregor / TPM Obiwan . I think this figure is defintaly a step in the right direction for SS humans .

I wasn't even going to buy this figure at first but upon seeing all of the in hand pics I decided to bite and am so glad I did.

Back