Endoskeleton 1:6 enterbay or hot toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon 911

Super Freak
Reaction score
Guys... I know hot toys endo is on pre order. However that 1/4 is a big scale for me to get into. I stick to 1/6 and am wondering if anyone has an idea if 1/6 is on the horizon. Also is there a list of products and launch dates for hot toys and enterbay. Enterbay is very difficult to know what figure will come when.

Try following the relevant threads in the appropriate section.

But in brief:

1/6 endo is almost a certainty, just not yet. It's at least a year away if it's coming "soon".
There is no list of products and launch dates. The companies throw out teasers, but when they're released, if at all, generally nobody knows until the pics and specs are released.

Doesn't even matter, Endo skeleton is so boring.

:lol I looked at the 1/4 scale pics for ages and wasn't tickled by it at all. The chrome is sexy. The design I think is sexy too. But it doesn't do anything. It has one 'hero' pose where it looks fantastic and everywhere else it looks awkward. I like it enough to pick up a 1/6 version, but no love for the 1/4 scale.

Pretty sure HT teased a 1/6 endo back in January.

If you're thinking about the image showing an apparent 1/6 endo, that was actually a teaser for the 1/4 scale figure. So nothing even remotely official about it yet. I know. A-dev told me.

:lol I looked at the 1/4 scale pics for ages and wasn't tickled by it at all. The chrome is sexy. The design I think is sexy too. But it doesn't do anything. It has one 'hero' pose where it looks fantastic and everywhere else it looks awkward. I like it enough to pick up a 1/6 version, but no love for the 1/4 scale.

If you're thinking about the image showing an apparent 1/6 endo, that was actually a teaser for the 1/4 scale figure. So nothing even remotely official about it yet. I know. A-dev told me.

:lol Yeah. The primary purpose of that picture was to announce HT jump into 1:4 scale with the endoskeleton. They didn't specify ''oh and look we've also got a new 1:6 version in the works'', though one did appear to be right there in the same picture - things are ever uncertain with them (and Enterbay) much to our annoyance.

I know I'm just perpetuating another redundant thread.. but I'm HANGING for another shot at a new HT 1/6 Endo. :pray:

That, the DX13, & a new cop station Arnold - & my HT Terminator itch will be officially scratched. :lecture :lol

I know I'm just perpetuating another redundant thread.. but I'm HANGING for another shot at a new HT 1/6 Endo. :pray:

That, the DX13, & a new cop station Arnold - & my HT Terminator itch will be officially scratched. :lecture :lol

Then let us pray for the miraculous box-office failure of Iron Man 3 and unprecedented fan backlash. Thats the only way we'll see these much-wanted figures any time soon! :lol ................... :monkey2

They probably won't make half of those Iron Man figures anyway.

HT are sounding more & more like an eccentric story telling senior citizen.

Lots of good yarns, but not sure if serious.. :lol

If the Endo was in a Nolan Batman movie, it would not be considered boring and we'd be on version 4.0 DX by now.

Just got my 1/4 scale terminator endoskeleton and it looks bad *** with so much detail. Don't know what some of these people are saying. Think the quarter scale endoskeleton will look more real on display than the smaller 1/6 scale and will definitely get more attention.

Just got my 1/4 scale terminator endoskeleton and it looks bad *** with so much detail. Don't know what some of these people are saying. Think the quarter scale endoskeleton will look more real on display than the smaller 1/6 scale and will definitely get more attention.

Wrong scale for me.

Wrong scale for me.

Wrong scale for me too... 1/6 just fits right with space and detail for me. 1/4 was pushed by enterbay as a differentiator but hot toys just copying it to compete. I think 1/6 is the way for us collectors - the ones constrained by space at least. 1/4 is good for those who have huge houses but again then there is no limit. I draw my line at 1/6

I think the 1/4 scale articulated stuff will be relegated to the figurative bins of collectible gimmickry one day. More impressive at a glance, but taking up too much dang space. It works for static statues, but the collector base of those is much smaller than is the base of 1/6 scale figures.

I think the 1/4 scale articulated stuff will be relegated to the figurative bins of collectible gimmickry one day. More impressive at a glance, but taking up too much dang space. It works for static statues, but the collector base of those is much smaller than is the base of 1/6 scale figures.

Drawbacks of 1:4 Scale figures that I can see:

-more expensive and harder to replace in the event of breakage
-they will be breakable, scratchable etc like any smaller figure

because of these 2 points people will be too afraid to actually use them as action figures. I know I am.

Agree dude. Don't have mine yet, but it looks epic in all the pictures I've seen. Don't know how anyone can find this boring! For me personally, I think this is one of those figures that needs to be in 1/4 or bigger. I just don't think 1/6 will do this thing justice. It'll look too toyish. I've always wanted to have a large, replica Terminator in my room, that looked as close to the real thing as possible, and this is probably the biggest I'm going to afford, lol. Looks like an actual movie prop rather than a toy.

I disagree. I don't see why it works for statues, but not for figures. I'd gladly ditch 1/6 figures for a select few 1/4 scale figures of my most loved characters from my favourite franchises/movies if they were done right. at 1/6 scale, as nice as some of these figures are, they still look like toys. At 1/4 scale they look like museum pieces (well, at least the stuff I've seen from Enterbay so far). I just think the larger scale allows them to achieve a level of realism that's just hard to get in 1/6 scale, and they have so much more presence at 1/4 scale. The only reason I don't have any 1/4 scale figures right now is because until now, only Enterbay has made them, and their *****ty QC has put me off them. If Hot Toys could release 1/4 scale figures that were just as articulated and easy to pose as their 1/6 stuff, but looked much more realistic, I'd be all over that, and I'm sure others will be too. Space wouldn't be a concern, the only deterrent for me would be price, if they got stupidly expensive.

1/4 - Wrong scale for me :peace

8596809215_f82212d3ca_c.jpg

8596809619_089877ae9c_c.jpg

DSC_1266.jpg

Back