PDA

View Full Version : Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AD Artwork
04-20-2013, 07:21 PM
http://adartwork.tw-blog.com/image/data/LOTR/LOTR_NEWS%20%E6%8B%B7%E8%B2%9D.jpg
In 2013, Asmus Toys will bring you the characters from the best epic movie ever into 1/6 scale. There will be good and there will evil, there will be a brand new page full of wonderful creatures and heroes from the Middle Age ! There will be the fellowship, Helm's deep, and the return of the King It is not going to be a one or two figure series, this is going be full set of your favor characters, from any gender and any race !!So clear your shelf for the line of figures of your time, because the one ring that rules it all, has been remade.

Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for fellow up news regard the Lord of the Ring series, there will soon be an announcement of our first figure, also a exclusive website plus tons of events and update

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asmus-Toys/146632816967

2013/04/26

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/936942_10151345151696968_1056842311_n.jpg

Pending Prototype approval.
but I am sure we all know who this bad boy is...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/603811_10151349167581968_9927123_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/217111_10151354259096968_2075006961_n.jpg

Here we have the list for 2013 .
(but I was told there will be more... mmm...)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923458_10151369897536968_330300870_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969503_10151372223771968_907281577_n.jpg

nexus
04-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Definitely hope this pans out.

AD Artwork
04-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Definitely hope this pans out.

Yes,

we will reveal our first figure in a week,
it is all done and approved,
ready to begin production !

karamazov80
04-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Very curious to see what you've got in the pipeline. I could definitely do with an upgrade over some of the old Sideshow figures.

AD Artwork
04-20-2013, 07:37 PM
LOTR is actually a 5 year plan for us,
we have drawn a very big picture for this series,
because our fonder/supervisor, who worked at Weta Worskshop, has a huge love for the rings, so it will be our major focus now.

Instead of replace the Sideshow old figs, we are actually more into complete the fellowship ! Perhaps replace some of the let down ones like... cough... Aragorn, but complete the fellowship will be one of our biggest quest.

AD Artwork
04-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Also,
the Orcs, Urakais nad may be even trolls,

I mean why not if you have love.

kl241
04-20-2013, 08:35 PM
because our fonder/supervisor, who worked at Weta Worskshop, has a huge love for the rings, so it will be our major focus now.

Instead of replace the Sideshow old figs, we are actually more into complete the fellowship ! Perhaps replace some of the let down ones like... cough... Aragorn, but complete the fellowship will be one of our biggest quest.

Sounds good to me! :clap

carbo-fation
04-20-2013, 08:48 PM

This!!! Great news. Very happy to hear you guys are listening to the fans.:yess:

tighfighter
04-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Looking forward to see the first reveal!!!

The Josh
04-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Interested to see the product. I moved this thread to the Middle-earth section since I think it fits there more. Keep us updated AD. :rock

pixletwin
04-21-2013, 06:42 PM
This thread makes me wanna http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/throwing-money-away.gif

Husker75
04-21-2013, 08:51 PM
If you guys can do a great saruman, and a gandalf the white? I'll buy anything.. I pretty much already bashed my last 3 fellowship figures with custom sculpts and stuff, but if you release them and I like them? I'll just buy another set! but my real hope is that we get some figures that were harder to put together, like saruman, gandalf the white, another aragorn, some orcs, etc. Thanks for keeping us updated, there are a lot of us that got screwed by sideshow and hearing that this is a 5 year plan makes me very happy. :)

Petrolos
04-22-2013, 01:36 AM
That is some encouraging news. I am very much looking forward to this! Even though I mainly collect statues, I also love the 1/6 figures.

Very curious about packaging too. SSC did a beautiful job there.

I wish the makers of this new line all the best! :yess:

KalElReviews
04-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Yes,

we will reveal our first figure in a week,
it is all done and approved,
ready to begin production !

AWESOME! Can not wait to see it!

Geb
04-22-2013, 04:22 AM
Since it seems based on past attempts at LOTR 1/6th figures that HEROES don't sell as well, perhaps they will intermix some baddies in there to keep the line flowing.

I don't buy that heroes don't sell, but it seems, at least, that Hobbits don't sell well. Anxiously awaiting....anything at this point!

superdoug
04-22-2013, 04:57 AM

AWESOME! Can't wait to see and get them!

LordAzrael
04-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Loving your approach - I would love to see the fellowship completed.

BTW - how does the ACI announcement interact with your plans?

superdoug
04-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Loving your approach - I would love to see the fellowship completed.

BTW - how does the ACI announcement interact with your plans?

2nd both of these comments and I want to thank you for coming on to the boards and letting us know Asmus' plans. :clap

EVILFACE
04-22-2013, 06:03 AM
A 1/6 Ringwraith is all I'm in for.

abake
04-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Fantastic news!
Can't wait to see the first figure.

galactiboy
04-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the official word! Very excited to see what is revealed next week :rock :rock :rock

AD Artwork
04-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Thx guys,
It's great to see all the positive response toward this!

Forgive me not able to reveal the list just yet, but thanks to ACI,
We are pushed to speed up all the progress.

batsheva
04-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Arwen, please. make a good one, that is, especially on the likeness. :)

Gipetto0812
04-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Can't wait for the reveal!!

And Aragorn remake?!?! Can't wait for that! He needs one!

Darklord Dave
04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Yes, tons of enthusiasm here too - and great that you want to complement the SSC releases and not just rehash them.

Sounds like you have some ambitious plans - trolls? How abuot horses?

T.bowen
04-22-2013, 06:37 PM
looking forward to getting the fellowship completed.

would love to see a 1/6 gollum,gandalf the white and saruman.

pixletwin
04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Sounds like you have some ambitious plans - trolls? How abuot horses?

What about ponies? Specifically one named Bill. :goodpost:

Rorywan
04-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Jesus, I'm not even a LOTR fan, and I'm excited for this.
:rock

drjedisith
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
finally! more lotr figures :yess:

KalElReviews
04-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Thx guys,

Im sure the response will be fantastic! You make great stuff!

guitarmandan
04-23-2013, 01:07 AM
So excited for this line now :pray:

And it seems like Asmus are a fan-friendly company (imagine that?!), in that they are actually gonna LISTEN to the fans and MAKE A DAMN COMPLETE FELLOWSHIP!!!

Just wanna say a personal thank you to the people at Asmus for this :1-1:

...it is greatly appreciated :yess:

leafster
04-23-2013, 01:19 AM
I'm excited for this. They better do it more than good!

Kuzeh
04-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Great to hear things are moving forward!!
More companies doing 1/6 LOTR, better for us fans!! :rock!

creature4000
04-23-2013, 04:59 AM
Fingers are crossed. I might be able to finally remove that tag under my avatar.

superdoug
04-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Thx guys,

We appreciate you coming on here and updating us!

guitarmandan
04-23-2013, 08:52 AM
We appreciate you coming on here and updating us!

+1 :goodpost:

AD Artwork
04-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Asmus Toys is proud to present the grand plan for the Lord of the Ring's 1/6 collectible action figure project. This is an elaborate plan for 5 years long term project, in which we have already scheduled over 20 figures, and 10 sets of armors. This is a project that we dedicate to all the lovers of LOTR, and we want to build this wonderful opportunity based upon the heart of all collectors.
We have categorized the project into 4 different series :

Heroes of Middle-Earth
Man of West
Army of Mordor
Armors in the battlefields

Heroes of the Middle-Earth will be the premier line of important characters. Presented by well know heroes such as Arragorn, Gandulf...etc, who will be built in top quality head sculpt, realistically accurate clothing, and mixed media accessories. Each hero will have its own custom base, and together they will be puzzled into a huge battle field diorama. Also, heroes donít necessarily have to be the good guys.

Man of West and Army of Mordor will feature the soldiers from both side of the force. Some of the familiar faces we see in the movies but not as important as the heroes. Examples like Urakais, Orcs and even Merry and Pippen.

Armors in the Battlefields is a series of products that will contain only the armors, weapons and clothing. Collectors can use whatever figure body you have at hand to custom a figure in a relatively cheaper price, in this way, collectors can put together an army in affordable budget. Examples such as Godorian soilders, Orc armors..etc

This is the basic plan we have drawn out in the Asmus toys design team! For all who has an idea that may top this in the perspective of a collector, please let us know! We would love to hear and gather more feedbacks, like it said at the start, This will be made for you/us~

Asmus Toys

melanarus
04-25-2013, 05:23 AM
5 year plan, 20+ figures all sounds good, but if you don't make the first few of the figures the MOST desired and biggest sellers of the 20 figure run (to get collectors interested in buying the LOTR line for the next FIVE years), I don't see how the demand will be big enough for you to keep the figures coming. LOTR is a MUCH, MUCH smaller collecting community than Star Wars so I really hope you guys can make at least a few figures before throwing the towel in like huge companies Sideshow and DID has before you.

I look forward to the first figure reveal in a few days, I really hope it's a good product because if it's not better than what Sideshow did ... it's not going to sell, if it's a minor character like a Ringwraith or something, good luck trying to sell a hundred of those. Hopefully as you put it above it's either "Arragorn, Gandulf..."

Hope you guys got a really good sculptor to do the heads too, not a B level sculptor that do all these generic movie figures for a lot of these small toy companies. I'm going to honestly write what I think of your product photos in a few days. If it's good I'll buy a few of them.

superdoug
04-25-2013, 05:27 AM
I like the plan a lot. The idea of the bases connecting sounds really cool. Maybe if there is a way to have the fellowship of connecting bases that mimic the scene when they are on their journey before Moria.

One request I would make is to please make it possible to have before and after Lothlorien versions of the fellowship. Sideshow gave us Legolas with a Lorien cloak but only a pre-Lorien bow. Aragorn never had his knife and Boromir never had his original cloak, all little things that would have been great to have.

Lastly, is it possible to give us an idea of how the line will be released? Example: "One figure every 4 months" - The reason I am asking is for planning purposes. I don't want to miss out on Lord of the Rings because I didn't plan my finances well enough.

Thanks.

Snakey Jones
04-25-2013, 05:29 AM
The armors in the battlefield line is a fantastic idea, love it!

Petrolos
04-25-2013, 05:45 AM
The plan is great, let's hope reality will follow! I really can't wait to see the first sample pics from this line!

gideon
04-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Sound terrific to me. I stand ready with checkbook or credit card in hand and will reward quality with my hard earned money and a space upon my shelves.

I love the diorama idea with the figures integrated together.

galactiboy
04-25-2013, 06:30 AM
The armors in the battlefield line is a fantastic idea, love it!

I was thinking the same thing... very cool idea and something I'd hoped Sideshow would offer with some of the rank and file SW military figures.

Kuzeh
04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Really excited to see what you guys come up with...
a little detail though...

heroes such as Arragorn, Gandulf...etc,

Examples like Urakais, Orcs and even Merry and Pippen.

Examples such as Godorian soilders, Orc armors..etc

Maybe you ought to check the spelling of the character's names... I mean... no offense but it makes you look a bit unprofessional. :wave

pixletwin
04-25-2013, 09:05 AM

Maybe you ought to check the spelling of the character's names... I mean... no offense but it makes you look a bit unprofessional. :wave

I admit, the same thing crossed my mind.

Geb
04-25-2013, 09:11 AM

Same here...this type of thing concerns me...and the concern is solely a licensing type of issue. Spelling it slightly differently can either be an honest mistake or a deliberate attempt to avoid licensing issues. If Asmus is indeed a LOTR fans company, then they should not have small little mistakes like this.:nono

Having said that...I LOVE the plan...especially the Battlefield Armor line. I can only hope that this will see the light of day. Now...when will we see the first figure?:impatient:

The Josh
04-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Sounds like a grand plan. My buying will be hit and miss as I'm sure there will be some figure I grab but for the most part will watch from the sidelines.

As far as the spelling issues I'm going to assume until I see more it was an honest mistake. So let's watch calling people unprofessional.

Bucky Underbelly
04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Very intrigued by the plan! Really looking forward to seeing what you guys can do! And I LOVE the idea of accessory packs instead of whole figures! We begged Sideshow to do that for years!

lerath666
04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the witch-king of Agmar in a few days.

nexus
04-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Will see where this goes. I could see customizers having a field day with the armors -- weathering and damage, etc. I don't know where all would fit based on those categories, but my top 20 would be.

Aragorn
Gandalf
Boromir
Legolas
Gimli
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Arwen
Faramir
Lurtz
Gollum (swap out Smeagol head)
Dark Rider
Saruman
Galadriel
Witch King
Sauron
Elrond
Orc

And there are still others like Theoden, Eowyn, Eomer, Wormtongue, Denathor, etc. needed to round out the key cast.
Spelling was a little disconcerting but could be a language tranlation thing.

superdoug
04-25-2013, 10:08 AM
If I was them with characters like Lurtz, I would make Lutrz and have him come with an additional generic Uruk headsculpt and I would release an Uruk accessory pack. That way you would probably maximize the number of Lurtzes and accessory packs that are bought.

With the Uruks you could even follow a pattern:
1. Lurtz with alternate scout Uruk head sculpt
2. Ugluk (sp? doing this from memory) with a different Uruk head sculpt from the raiding party
3. Banner carrying Uruk with an alternate crossbow helmet Uruk head sculpt

With those three done and the right accessory pack or two you could build a very large and diverse Uruk army and only take up 3 figure and 1 or 2 accessory packs.

Same could be said for the goblins with their various head sculpts but similar/same armors

piccolodaimaoh
04-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I can see that with Uruk-hai. Lurtz, and Azog if they get to the Hobbit, are at the top of my list of figures I'd love to see made. But, a Lurtz that comes with extra gear to make say Ugluk and a Berserker would make my dreams come true. I'd buy three.

Gipetto0812
04-25-2013, 10:51 AM
I really think that this is a great plan and love the idea of the army building accessory packs. This plan has me really excited! Thanks for sharing with us Asmus!!! :rock

I like the plan a lot. The idea of the bases connecting sounds really cool. Maybe if there is a way to have the fellowship of connecting bases that mimic the scene when they are on their journey before Moria.

One request I would make is to please make it possible to have before and after Lothlorien versions of the fellowship. Sideshow gave us Legolas with a Lorien cloak but only a pre-Lorien bow. Aragorn never had his knife and Boromir never had his original cloak, all little things that would have been great to have.

Lastly, is it possible to give us an idea of how the line will be released? Example: "One figure every 4 months" - The reason I am asking is for planning purposes. I don't want to miss out on Lord of the Rings because I didn't plan my finances well enough.

Thanks.

Totally agree with you! :hi5:

It was a big let down to not get the Lothorien bow, quiver and arrows with Legolas not to mentions plethora of arrows. In the movie his quiver is incredibly full/stuffed with arrows but SS only gave us 5! :slap we didn't get the Boromir vambraces, dagger or Lothlorien cloak with Aragorn and like you said, Boromir's first cloak from before Lothlorien which is a real shame.

abake
04-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Looking forward to the first preview.
I'm very excited about the possibilities, so the best of luck to you guys!

superdoug
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
I really think that this is a great plan and the love the idea of the army building accessory packs. This plan has me really excited! Thanks for sharing with us Asmus!!! :rock

Totally agree with you! :hi5:

It was a big let down to not get the Lothorien bow, quiver and arrows with Legolas not to mentions plethora of arrows. In the movie his quiver is incredibly full/stuff with arrows but SS only have us 5! :slap we didn't get the Boromir vambraces, dagger or Lothlorian cloak with Aragorn and lie you said, Boromir's first cloak from before Lothlrian which is a real shame.

And considering the only time Gandalf and Boromir interacted was before Lorien Sideshow's collection still would have had issues even if they had made the last 3 members of the fellowship.

Topgear
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Free worldwide shipping is relly good - shipping costs from Australia would be quiet expensive.

egel
04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Free worldwide shipping is relly good - shipping costs from Australia would be quiet expensive.

Where did you pick that up? Free shipping would be great indeed, but if the figures come from thailand I am worried about customs.

Lolz, this thread came just in time. Was looking at my SS Boro and Fara yesterday thinking bout selling them because I keep seeing the figures they should have made but didnt.

When the first pics start coming I imagine a new display area is needed for lots of us here. :yess:

Darth Zangetsu
04-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Ok I just found out about these, and I am really excited. Can't wait to see Aragorn, Legolas, and the gang!!

gideon
04-25-2013, 02:28 PM
If I was them with characters like Lurtz, I would make Lutrz and have him come with an additional generic Uruk headsculpt and I would release an Uruk accessory pack. That way you would probably maximize the number of Lurtzes and accessory packs that are bought.

With the Uruks you could even follow a pattern:
1. Lurtz with alternate scout Uruk head sculpt
2. Ugluk (sp? doing this from memory) with a different Uruk head sculpt from the raiding party
3. Banner carrying Uruk with an alternate crossbow helmet Uruk head sculpt

With those three done and the right accessory pack or two you could build a very large and diverse Uruk army and only take up 3 figure and 1 or 2 accessory packs.

Same could be said for the goblins with their various head sculpts but similar/same armors

totally great ideas that I am 100% in favor of. I hope the designers read your post and act on them. :goodpost:

Topgear
04-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Where did you pick that up? Free shipping would be great indeed, but if the figures come from thailand I am worried about customs.

It says it on their website

http://asmustoys.com/index.php?route=common/home

but maybe this will change I don't know. What's this about Thailand it says on the website they are from Australia?

melanarus
04-25-2013, 03:59 PM
anybody getting the "Night Guard" Asmus toys figure recently previewed?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/156536_10151320781271968_569678423_n.jpg

It doesn't make me feel too confident about the LOTR works I have to say.

Snakey Jones
04-25-2013, 04:05 PM
That's why I hope their first figure really is the witch king; no head sculpt to mess up and he's a reasonably popular character. Besides, i'll be mostly in this for the orcs so as long as the armor is good and the orc sculpts look suitably orc-y i'm happy.

EVILFACE
04-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Was there even a demand for that character?

Gipetto0812
04-25-2013, 05:30 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/156536_10151320781271968_569678423_n.jpg

You have to realize though, that's an unlicensed figure. Just like most if not all unlincesed figures, they get close to the actors likeness so that it resembles them but isn't a spot on likeness. Art Figures The King aka Aragorn at the Black Gates is a good example of this (Hell all Art Figures products are a good example of this :lol)

I'm sure with them having the actual LOTR license they will produce quality head sculpts that looks more like the actor than that "Night Guard"

AD Artwork
04-25-2013, 06:14 PM

Thanks.

At moment, our first figure is already in the factory for production. It is expected to hit the market in late June. And there are 3 more characters in pre-production stage simultaneously. We will try to keep the pace in control.

As for the cloak, what I am certain at this point, is that we have no pan for Boromir and not likely to make Legolas unless the fellowship is completed. But I will throw the suggestion in our meeting, may be we can have an extra cloak in Aragorn set. :)

nexus
04-25-2013, 06:46 PM
At moment, our first figure is already in the factory for production. It is expected to hit the market in late June. And there are 3 more characters in pre-production stage simultaneously. We will try to keep the pace in control.

As for the cloak, what I am certain at this point, is that we have no pan for Boromir and not likely to make Legolas unless the fellowship is completed. But I will throw the suggestion in our meeting, may be we can have an extra cloak in Aragorn set. :)

Are there any females in your early plans? Specifically Arwen.

How will these compare in size with the Sideshow figures? The SS's are taller than HT.

These days with so many talented traditional and digital sculptors out there, and improved production techniques, there should be no reason not to produce excellent likenesses on a figure that will be selling for north of $100.

melanarus
04-25-2013, 06:49 PM
For Aragorn, it would be nice to if you added in several pieces of clothing so you can make his look throughout the 3 movies that are slight variations of his costume. Of course that would also mean you need to include two swords too.

Strider (just a black cloak)
http://sindardreamz.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bree_aragorn.jpg
Aragorn (FOTR)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pnZthbrzSLA/S_n1A8DjipI/AAAAAAAAAEI/prBybaX38FQ/s1600/Wall+Decal+LOTR+Aragorn+Strider.jpg
Fellowship ending:
http://bagendslasharchive.tripod.com/01feef40.jpg

Helm's Depp (TTT) http://hexenwald.he.funpic.de/Bilder/Waldlaeufer/Aragorn/Aragorn1p.jpg

Aragorn (ROTK) -with reforged sword, ANduril (It has a different scabbard than his other sword does too so that would need to be included) http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/aragorn.jpg

guitarmandan
04-26-2013, 12:45 AM

HOW THE HELL ARE SOME PEOPLE CALLING THIS A BAD LIKENESS??? :gah:

Do they have a different set of eyes than me??!! :cuckoo:

I'll agree that in the previous close-up pic,the paint apps were a little strange,but that sculpt is PERFECT..and nobody can tell me otherwise...well they could,but I just wouldn't listen :wink1:

Anyone seen the Legolas figure by SS?? That had a HORRIBLE likeness...way,way,WAAAAAAAYYY off...nothing even close to Orlando.In fact,with the exception of the hobbits,Gandalf and Boromir,ALL the likenesses were off....why can't people just be happy we're(LOTR fans)even gonna get some more figures??

Sure,the clothing probably could be better,and upon close inspection it may need some paint work on the face,but it's still a decent figure...and I for one would rather have a decent quality 1/6 LOTR figure collection,than no collection at all :lecture

KalElReviews
04-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Very Very exciting stuff going on!

T.bowen
04-26-2013, 01:44 AM
that news about no boromir is a little upsetting to me(only because he is my favorite character ). but still looking forward to see what you guys do

TotalDominAsian
04-26-2013, 01:58 AM
No Boromir... no Legolas...

Uhh? So they're not going for the Fellowship. I'm guessing Aragorn... Gollum... Frodo... and Gandalf?

AD Artwork
04-26-2013, 03:12 AM
No Boromir... no Legolas...

Uhh? So they're not going for the Fellowship. I'm guessing Aragorn... Gollum... Frodo... and Gandalf?

We want to complete the fellowship that SS has left for,

TotalDominAsian
04-26-2013, 03:43 AM
As someone who doesn't own a single 1/6 Sideshow LotR piece... what are those? Gimli? And the Aragorn?

I think you're going to cut out a lot of potential customers like me if you're only going to target people who own the original 1/6 Sideshow figures... and the 1/6 community has boomed since then. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to your company.

carbo-fation
04-26-2013, 03:47 AM
I can't believe how much whining and complaining is going on in here.....some people.:rolleyes:

I for one am extremely happy that another company is taking a shot at LOTR figures. I don't want them to repeat characters that sideshow has already made....at least not for now. Give us some baddies or Gimli.:yess:

Snakey Jones
04-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Ooh ooh I have a question!
You mentioned with the armors on the battlefields line you will be releasing orc armor sets, but I don't see a lot of orc bodies on the market and their armor tends to bare a lot of flesh (as orcs are want to do), so do we have to settle for generic human bucks, which would look weird, or paint them ourselves, or would you be providing the orc bucks yourselves?

Actually, given the mish-mashy appearance of orc armor I wouldn't mind if they gave us a generic orc buck and a whole bunch of different armor sets to mix and match, pipe dream but I would love for that to happen.

Topgear
04-26-2013, 04:47 AM
As someone who doesn't own a single 1/6 Sideshow LotR piece... what are those? Gimli? And the Aragorn?

I think you're going to cut out a lot of potential customers like me if you're only going to target people who own the original 1/6 Sideshow figures... and the 1/6 community has boomed since then. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to your company.

+1

How many did Sideshow produce and which ones?

superdoug
04-26-2013, 04:54 AM
But I will throw the suggestion in our meeting, may be we can have an extra cloak in Aragorn set. :)

I like the sound of that. Aragorn was one character that had a lot of looks through the film and I always felt SS feel a little short with what they offered with him. The Vembraces, Eleven Cloak and Elven Knife and a full shirt under his jacket would have let you display him from just about any scene in the Fellowship (considering they made the cloaks and vembraces with others it wouldn't have added any new sculpting/design costs for them).

I also like the comment you made about finishing the fellowahip that SS left off. Maybe you could include Legolas' Lothlorien bow in one of the accessory sets (or go for the moon and include his Rohan armor too) and that would let us display SS' pre and post Lorien.

hoodonit00
04-26-2013, 06:34 AM
HOW THE HELL ARE SOME PEOPLE CALLING THIS A BAD LIKENESS??? :gah:

Do they have a different set of eyes than me??!! :cuckoo:

I'll agree that in the previous close-up pic,the paint apps were a little strange,but that sculpt is PERFECT..and nobody can tell me otherwise...well they could,but I just wouldn't listen :wink1:

Anyone seen the Legolas figure by SS?? That had a HORRIBLE likeness...way,way,WAAAAAAAYYY off...nothing even close to Orlando.In fact,with the exception of the hobbits,Gandalf and Boromir,ALL the likenesses were off....why can't people just be happy we're(LOTR fans)even gonna get some more figures??

Sure,the clothing probably could be better,and upon close inspection it may need some paint work on the face,but it's still a decent figure...and I for one would rather have a decent quality 1/6 LOTR figure collection,than no collection at all :lecture
Pretty much agree with everything you're saying.

galactiboy
04-26-2013, 06:37 AM
+1

How many did Sideshow produce and which ones?

Aragorn
Legolas
Boromir
Frodo
Sam
Gandalf
and...

wait for it...

A little longer...

Faramir :monkey1

hoodonit00
04-26-2013, 06:42 AM
I can't believe how much whining and complaining is going on in here.....some people.:rolleyes:

I for one am extremely happy that another company is taking a shot at LOTR figures. I don't want them to repeat characters that sideshow has already made....at least not for now. Give us some baddies or Gimli.:yess:
Agreed. Why don't we see how this line is going to flesh out. If this line really takes off I'm sure Asmus will expand this line to include the fellowship.

The Josh
04-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Aragorn
Legolas
Boromir
Frodo
Sam
Gandalf
and...

wait for it...

A little longer...

Faramir :monkey1

Faramir's issue isn't the sculpt. The likeness is actually pretty solid to David Wenham but the glossy paint job on the face just hurt that figure.

galactiboy
04-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Never said it was... to me he was just such an oddball release. A villian or Gimili would have been much better than Boromir's kid brother :lol

And of course the paintwork on Faramir was atrocious; great looking outfit though. I remember some custom reworks of it that looked fantastic.

superdoug
04-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Faramir's issue isn't the sculpt. The likeness is actually pretty solid to David Wenham but the glossy paint job on the face just hurt that figure.

Yup. I have seen picture of one or two repainted Faramirs that turned out really good. Sadlyy mine is still glossy. :gah:

I was okay with Gimli being the last of the fellowship for SS to tackle since the Toy Biz one with a SS cloak is an okay stand in but they never even made it to the hobbits. I think they designed Faramir when their intentions were for the line to be long lasting and successful for many years. If they had known how short lived it would be they might have just tried to get the fellowship out as fast as possible or never made any.

LordAzrael
04-26-2013, 07:13 AM
I think basically the orcs will be one one and you buy the armor as like an upgrade kit. So those who want the cheap route can just buy orcs without armor, if you want the whole thing you buy the armor as a separate item.

The Josh
04-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Never said it was... to me he was just such an oddball release. A villian or Gimili would have been much better than Boromir's kid brother :lol

I guess it would be depending on how hard you are into collecting The Lord of the Rings. Long story short he's a character we had been asking to get made for a long time. Rumor holds he was coming in the SSW statue line before it went away in 2005. So that is the reason most of us believe he came around so quickly in the 1:6th line and why Lurtz was the first PF.

Yup. I have seen picture of one or two repainted Faramirs that turned out really good. Sadlyy mine is still glossy. :gah:

I was okay with Gimli being the last of the fellowship for SS to tackle since the Toy Biz one with a SS cloak is an okay stand in but they never even made it to the hobbits. I think they designed Faramir when their intentions were for the line to be long lasting and successful for many years. If they had known how short lived it would be they might have just tried to get the fellowship out as fast as possible or never made any.

I've got a repainted Faramir that came out really nice. Its a fair improvement over the factory paint. That's what I did with my ToyBiz Gimli that was repainted. It looks pretty darn cool as well.

Darth Zangetsu
04-26-2013, 07:22 AM
I am reallyexcited for this line, can anyone tell me what Asmus' prices are like. Are they in the HT range?

EVILFACE
04-26-2013, 07:32 AM

And of course the paintwork on Faramir was atrocious; great looking outfit though. I remember some custom reworks of it that looked fantastic.

Faramir.

AKA: Linekiller.

pixletwin
04-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Faramir.

AKA: Linekiller.

:lecture:exactly::dunno

Not only was it a "WTF" choice, but it ranks up there among Sideshow's All-time Worst Paint Jobs. He joins Yavin Luke and Pam for the prestige. :clap

Geb
04-26-2013, 07:53 AM
All the whining and complaining is actually very enjoyable to read...at least it is nice seeing people caring and excited over the potential this line holds.

My fear...that the first couple offerings will doom the line like the recent CANCELLATION of NECA's 1/4 scale figures due to lack of sales! Faramir was a great IDEA, but executed so poorly that it did the line in!

Geb

hoodonit00
04-26-2013, 08:23 AM
I am reallyexcited for this line, can anyone tell me what Asmus' prices are like. Are they in the HT range?
The contact from Asmus said about 150 bucks. Maybe less for certain figures.

Darth Zangetsu
04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
The contact from Asmus said about 150 bucks. Maybe less for certain figures.

That's actually a very good price. At that price I would invest in at least all the Fellowship and Gollum.

Bucky Underbelly
04-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Wow. $150 would be a great price ... but I have my doubts you could do a really top-shelf costume and head sculpt for that. Those costumes are crazy complicated. Really looking forward to see what they come up with though. Fingers firmly crossed.

hoodonit00
04-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Wow. $150 would be a great price ... but I have my doubts you could do a really top-shelf costume and head sculpt for that. Those costumes are crazy complicated. Really looking forward to see what they come up with though. Fingers firmly crossed.
Quoted from username Asmus on OSW.
"Prices will be around $150 for deluxe edition,
there will also be some role characters which may be cheaper"

superdoug
04-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Intresting. Maybe they aren't paying a high liscencing fee and that helps the costs. I for one am happy that the goal is $150 and under. If the quality at least matches Sideshows I am going want to jump on board and 4 $150 figures a year is do-able.

Bucky Underbelly
04-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Quoted from username Asmus on OSW.
"Prices will be around $150 for deluxe edition,
there will also be some role characters which may be cheaper"

That is great news! Now let's see what they can do for that price!

Crossing toes now. :pray:

darkchylde80
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/317452_10151345142866968_795361712_n.jpg

Oh my :panic::panic::panic:

lerath666
04-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Witch-king.
OF.
Angmar.

hoodonit00
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/317452_10151345142866968_795361712_n.jpg

May 20? I thought the reveal was going to be this coming Wed.?

abake
04-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Awesome.
Nothing else to say.

AD Artwork
04-26-2013, 09:50 PM

We will put out more photos, as photos re approved along the way~!

Full reveal BY 20th for sure!

darkchylde80
04-26-2013, 09:53 PM
I think the reveal was more just the expanded details on the full line offering, the whole 5 year plan information maybe? I was hoping for a full figure reveal though :(

The armour in this pic looks incredible, I'll be buying this for sure :D

KalElReviews
04-26-2013, 09:53 PM

Very very cool, can not wait.

darkchylde80
04-26-2013, 09:57 PM

Just noticed you changed the pic you posted on FB, would you like me to take this one down and replace it with your FB one? Sorry :( Got too excited and came straight here :lol

AD Artwork
04-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Just noticed you changed the pic you posted on FB, would you like me to take this one down and replace it with your FB one? Sorry :( Got too excited and came straight here :lol

No thank you,
treat it as an exclusive is kinda cool too~!

I will put out more news as it goes along the way,
we will have a feature site for LOTR open in May 1st.
Hopefully I will be authorized to update more pics and informs!!

thank you all!!
PS:the really thing looks great, it is damn tall!

darkchylde80
04-26-2013, 10:11 PM
No thank you,

thank you all!!

Wow, that's very kind of you :) An SSC exclusive sneak peak!

Can't wait, I'll be keeping an eye out for more details.

KalElReviews
04-26-2013, 10:36 PM
No thank you,

thank you all!!

Ooooooooo awesome

Husker75
04-26-2013, 11:03 PM
wow.. didn't think an arm could possibly excite me so much.. lol. great choice for a first figure, considering most of us complained constantly about the sideshow line because of its complete lack of villains! hope he can come with the helm, and also with just a plain hood as well.

hope you guys plan on releasing some plain nazgul too! A lot of us would have some fun building our little army of nine! :) (depending on price.. since those figures should be a little easier than the witchking himself.. lol)

so psyched. seriously, thanks for bringing this line back to life!

shocktrooper_au
04-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Looking forward to the full reveal, hopefully I'll be able to get some of the line

pixletwin
04-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Love it. Can't help but get excited about this line. :blissy

Gipetto0812
04-27-2013, 12:12 AM

That armor looks incredible!!! Soooo excited for this line!!

LordAzrael
04-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Great choice!

carbo-fation
04-27-2013, 04:36 AM
Take my money....just take it all!:D

I'm so glad someone decided to do LOTR 1/6 again. Ecstatic for this line.:rock

Geb
04-27-2013, 05:14 AM
Looks pretty amazing...very excited for 1 May...and even more excited about 20 May!!

Snakey Jones
04-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Just out of curiosity; what sources do you base the figures off of? Like, do you use digital renders or art work from WETA?

The Josh
04-27-2013, 07:56 AM
That looks pretty impressive so far. :rock

AD Artwork
04-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Just out of curiosity; what sources do you base the figures off of? Like, do you use digital renders or art work from WETA?

hi
thank you,
you have addressed a very good question,
it is actually scheduled in one of our updates.

Behind the them, and design...

:goodpost::goodpost:

abake
04-27-2013, 08:26 AM
May 1st can't come around fast enough.

denger4000
04-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm so down for this line.

yodasan
04-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Let it begin...LET IT BEGIN!

Customikey
04-27-2013, 11:39 AM
That's really exciting. Though it does sidestep the question of likeness.

galactiboy
04-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Looks great, this is a definite pick up :lecture

superdoug
04-27-2013, 07:20 PM
hi
thank you,
you have addressed a very good question,
it is actually scheduled in one of our updates.

Behind the them, and design...

:goodpost::goodpost:

A few questions:

1. Where can we find these updates? Can you post them on here or links to them when they go up? I don't facebook.

2. Even more importantly where can we buy these when they go live and how exclusive will they be (meaning if I am not online when they go live is there a chance I might miss out)?

3. How sturdy are the bodies and are they made with body swapping in mind (I prefer not to have to swap bodies but I am curious as to how hard it would be)?

Lastly, looks great from what I can see. It looks like he's holding his mace/chain thingie handle.

Really looking forward to these!:clap

TotalDominAsian
04-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Lol calm down people. This isn't a Senate hearing. Let's not scare off the manufacturers... even thought I like your questions. Just stay patient hahahaha.

Gipetto0812
04-27-2013, 08:05 PM
A few questions:

1. Where can we find these updates? Can you post them on here or links to them when they go up? I don't facebook.

2. Even more importantly where can we buy these when they go live and how exclusive will they be (meaning if I am not online when they go live is there a chance I might miss out)?

3. How sturdy are the bodies and are they made with body swapping in mind (I prefer not to have to swap bodies but I am curious as to how hard it would be)?

Lastly, looks great from what I can see. It looks like he's holding his mace/chain thingie handle.

Really looking forward to these!:clap
1) I'm sure someone will post the updates here who has Facebook be it AD Artwork or another one us

2) you should be able to buy them from BBTS, Cotswold collectibles and Toy Anxiety as they're currently carrying Asmus stuff.

Don't know about question 3 sorry.

Lol calm down people. This isn't a Senate hearing. Let's not scare off the manufacturers... even thought I like your questions. Just stay patient hahahaha.
:lecture:goodpost:

AD Artwork
04-27-2013, 08:27 PM
1) I'm sure someone will post the updates here who has Facebook be it AD Artwork or another one us

2) you should be able to buy them from BBTS, Cotswold collectibles and Toy Anxiety as they're currently carrying Asmus stuff.

Thank you~

First hand updates can try out Facebook page...

AD Artwork
04-27-2013, 08:29 PM
A few questions:

Our body is made by our contracted brand - Kautic Plastic,
they make outstanding body figures!

Gipetto0812
04-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Sweet! Love the Kaustic bodies! Lots of folks will be happy to hear that I think

Thank you~

First hand updates can try out Facebook page...

No problem :1-1:

Geb
04-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Every time AD visits, I get more excited! Can't wait for full reveal!

carbo-fation
04-28-2013, 07:06 AM
You can also purchase Asmus stuff at their own website....http://asmustoys.com.:wave

nexus
04-28-2013, 04:48 PM
off to a promising ...arm.

superdoug
04-28-2013, 05:01 PM

Thanks! I figured people already knew the answers to at least some of my questions.

leafster
04-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Bring it on!

NAZGUL-KING
04-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Looks great from what can be seen.:clap

Can't wait for the full reveal!

Darth Zangetsu
04-29-2013, 09:57 AM
And so it begins.. My wallet is not very hapy right now. But I am!!

SixthScaleEdward
04-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Thoughts?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/603811_10151349167581968_9927123_n.jpg

I'm finding the nose-mought area too wide, but hopefully it's just the angle.

The Josh
04-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Looks like it might be a bit wide. Need to see more though to be fair.

lerath666
04-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Wonder f he can be,stripped down to just the black rider or not....

Wor-Gar
04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Someone needs to start a Witch King thread....

Biojex
04-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Great choice to start the line.

Snakey Jones
04-29-2013, 11:39 PM
the armor is looking good so far, i'm mostly concerned about the quality of cloth they're using; hopefully they get the weathering right.

I think the apparent width of the nose/mouth area is because of how close up the photo is an maybe the angle at which it was taken. It might look a lot better in hand.

RareCollectibles
04-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Really interested to see the products and make some additions to my 1/6 sideshow figures

Geb
04-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Comparing the previous image to the below one...the nose area is a bit wide. But various instantiations of the Witchking armor changed a bit from time to time. Not sure they had only a SINGLE helm for movie production anyway.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070526090959/lotr/images/c/cd/Witchking.jpg

Getting excited nonetheless...for the full reveal! As with others...I as hoping they get the weathering down on the fabric as the armor looks pretty darn good already!

Geb

superdoug
04-30-2013, 04:48 AM
Can't wait for the whole reveal!

RareCollectibles
04-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Glad to hear that and looking forward to see more details...I keep fingers crossed for you

Kuzeh
04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Interesting... cannot wait for the full reveal!

Radagaster
04-30-2013, 04:47 PM
If they go with baddies, it will help offset the need for matching face sculpts. With that, I'd like to see a Mouth of Sauron since he was mostly wearing a mask.

Geb
05-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Mouth of Sauron? That is an interesting one...and probably something I'd snatch up quickly...although I cannot imagine the MoS without his horse!!??

TotalDominAsian
05-01-2013, 03:36 AM
Hmm... I'll wait for the news update from Asmus themselves... but I think I'm going to pass on all the new 1/6 LotR figures unless they announce Fellowship figures on the way. Makes no sense for me to have random baddies displayed with zero Fellowship members amongst my personal collection. But props to you fellas who were dying for these!

creature4000
05-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Exactly... No Fellowship no care.

Wor-Gar
05-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Didn't you guys get any of the Sideshow LOTR 1/6 offerings? Few as there were, you really only ended up being short Merry and Pippin... and Gimli (but there was an extensive group bash that provided for him at a good price).

Even so, a display would be fine with even just Gandalf and Frodo as starters.

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Oh crap! I just thought this was going to be a Ring Wraith, not the full on Witch King look! I'm in. 100%

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Didn't you guys get any of the Sideshow LOTR 1/6 offerings? Few as there were, you really only ended up being short Merry and Pippin... and Gimli (but there was an extensive group bash that provided for him at a good price).

I love my little display of Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Gandalf and the SS FOTR DVD Smegol statue. Nam always gives me crap for not expanding but I've never felt the need.

carbo-fation
05-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Hmm... I'll wait for the news update from Asmus themselves... but I think I'm going to pass on all the new 1/6 LotR figures unless they announce Fellowship figures on the way. Makes no sense for me to have random baddies displayed with zero Fellowship members amongst my personal collection. But props to you fellas who were dying for these!

See post below!

:goodpost:

You can still hunt SS LOTR figures on eBay and they even pop up on the board from time-to-time. No need to completely forgo this line.....:thwak

The Josh
05-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Oh crap! I just thought this was going to be a Ring Wraith, not the full on Witch King look! I'm in. 100%

Well, it is the Witch-king in his Morgul Lord look as its called from the movies. You could take the mask off I suppose to create a general Ringwraith if the mask does indeed come off.

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Well, it is the Witch-king in his Morgul Lord look as its called from the movies. You could take the mask off I suppose to create a general Ringwraith if the mask does indeed come off.

Oh no, I'm fine with the full Morgul Lord look, in fact I'd rather have that, unless we get a horse with the normal looking Ringwaiths... Imagine that??? :panic:

The Josh
05-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Oh no, I'm fine with the full Morgul Lord look, in fact I'd rather have that, unless we get a horse with the normal looking Ringwaiths... Imagine that??? :panic:

That could be fairly impressive looking. Impressive and crazy if anyone goes for 9 of them. :panic:

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 08:49 AM
That could be fairly impressive looking. Impressive and crazy if anyone goes for 9 of them. :panic:

If these turn out nice I'm willing to get rid of some stuff from my collection to make room for more LOTR stuff. I find that most HT items kinda just bore me now anyway.

The Josh
05-01-2013, 08:56 AM
If these turn out nice I'm willing to get rid of some stuff from my collection to make room for more LOTR stuff. I find that most HT items kinda just bore me now anyway.

Nice! I will get a few things. I don't know how many I will get but I'll get a few. I've already thinned out a lot of stuff. HT wise all I've got left is my Marvel stuff. I will keep them most likely but they're pretty much priced me out of figures. I just think its crazy to be spending $250basic figure.

creature4000
05-01-2013, 09:04 AM

Thats the key. I so badly want to make a dedicate LOTR shelf.

Are these going to be available in the US? I'm confussed with the other thread. :lol

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Nice! I will get a few things. I don't know how many I will get but I'll get a few. I've already thinned out a lot of stuff. HT wise all I've got left is my Marvel stuff. I will keep them most likely but they're pretty much priced me out of figures. I just think its crazy to be spending $250basic figure.

I was feeling a little cheated when they were getting close to 200 each... I plan to keep a few, T1, Jack Sparrow, Superman, Batman, etc, but I can do without about 20 to 25 figures that just seem to eat up space and never get taken off the shelf.

HT is SW only for me now.... and since they're releasing them so seldom I might not buy anything from them till 2015.

Thats the key. I so badly want to make a dedicate LOTR shelf.

Are these going to be available in the US? I'm confussed with the other thread. :lol

I think Asmus is US and ACI isn't.... I think????

The Josh
05-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Just one shelf? Come on people! :lol

From everything I've seen they will be.

The Josh
05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I was feeling a little cheated when they were getting close to 200 each... I plan to keep a few, T1, Jack Sparrow, Superman, Batman, etc, but I can do without about 20 to 25 figures that just seem to eat up space and never get taken off the shelf.

Depending on the figure I could make sense of it but now they're all sticking near $250. That's as much as my The Lord of the Rings statues from Sideshow or The Hobbit from Weta. That to me is no longer something I can roll with. My HT collecting is pretty much done. I've got the characters represented. If I see an Iron Man armor I like I'll get it but only if its priced right. I ordered the PowerPose Mark 42 because it was priced ok at $164. I won't get the $300 metal figures thats just silly.

So $150 figures from The Lord of the Rings I can roll with if its a character I like.

Geb
05-01-2013, 09:48 AM
It would be very cool if ASMUS followed in the spirit of their proposed ARMORED line and enabled folks to BUY a REG Ringwraith 'head', remove the ARMOR from the witchking and voila...instant one of the nine!

If you wanted MORE Ringwraiths, you'd have to buy more Morgul Lords I guess...come to think of it...they should have done it the reverse way...produce a Ringwraith with a Morgul Lord KIT!

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Depending on the figure I could make sense of it but now they're all sticking near $250. That's as much as my The Lord of the Rings statues from Sideshow or The Hobbit from Weta. That to me is no longer something I can roll with. My HT collecting is pretty much done. I've got the characters represented. If I see an Iron Man armor I like I'll get it but only if its priced right. I ordered the PowerPose Mark 42 because it was priced ok at $164. I won't get the $300 metal figures thats just silly.

So $150 figures from The Lord of the Rings I can roll with if its a character I like.

All the IM releases are just crazy to me, but I guess HT makes good money on them. There's not as many different materials to source out as with a clothed figure.... But I'm like you, Josh, done with HT (except SW).

It would be very cool if ASMUS followed in the spirit of their proposed ARMORED line and enabled folks to BUY a REG Ringwraith 'head', remove the ARMOR from the witchking and voila...instant one of the nine!

If you wanted MORE Ringwraiths, you'd have to buy more Morgul Lords I guess...come to think of it...they should have done it the reverse way...produce a Ringwraith with a Morgul Lord KIT!

Now was it just me or is the Armored line just suits of armor or will they be full figures?

pixletwin
05-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I think Asmus is US and ACI isn't.... I think????

Asmus is based out of Australia if I recall correctly.

Kuzeh
05-01-2013, 10:21 AM

:exactly::goodpost:

The Josh
05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
All the IM releases are just crazy to me, but I guess HT makes good money on them. There's not as many different materials to source out as with a clothed figure.... But I'm like you, Josh, done with HT (except SW).

It's gotten there now. Before it was 1 suit per movie maybe 2 but now its everything virtually. That's just too much especially when figures from them are now $250+ and made of metal. Forget that nonsense. In the end I'm thankful they forced me to just get 1 thing to represent the movie and stick with just focusing on Middle-earth.

Kuzeh
05-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Now was it just me or is the Armored line just suits of armor or will they be full figures?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/422111_10151859632568998_541094901_n.jpg

It's gotten there now. Before it was 1 suit per movie maybe 2 but now its everything virtually. That's just too much especially when figures from them are now $250+ and made of metal. Forget that nonsense. In the end I'm thankful they forced me to just get 1 thing to represent the movie and stick with just focusing on Middle-earth.

Yep,
I'm with you guys...
Pretty much done with HT except SW as well...
and focus on the upcoming 1/6 LOTR

Fremen
05-01-2013, 11:09 AM
I've quit HT as well except for a few figures. I plan to get SW ones, any Thor ones and the Loki one that's coming up.

The Josh
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I've quit HT as well except for a few figures. I plan to get SW ones, any Thor ones and the Loki one that's coming up.

I've got Loki, Mark VII, and the PowerPose Mark 42. That's it.

Geb
05-01-2013, 11:41 AM

The way it reads...it will be ARMOR only! BUT...I can't imagine NOT having some FULL figures or BODIES to buy to create new figures. NO ONE is going to want to put URUK armor on a HUMAN for their LOTR display...as cool as it may be, just wouldn't work right.

Maybe they'll do HEADS, HANDS, and FEET at somewhat of a reduced cost and you simply put them on an existing body??

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 11:43 AM

If they do any more Indy I'm in for that as well... but kinda doubtful.

Geb
05-01-2013, 11:45 AM
While I LOVE the Hot Toys sculpt work and detailed costuming...I have been VERY selective about which figures to get. I caved and got the Gantry with Iron Man...very cool set.

I currently have Luke Bespin (WHICH is simply awesome!), Ezio, Iron Man Mark I 2.0, Gantry Set with MarkIV, Indy, Batman (SDCC Ex), Jack Sparrow (DX), and Resident Evil's Alice.

Wow...I have more than I thought...

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
The way it reads...it will be ARMOR only! BUT...I can't imagine NOT having some FULL figures or BODIES to buy to create new figures. NO ONE is going to want to put URUK armor on a HUMAN for their LOTR display...as cool as it may be, just wouldn't work right.

Maybe they'll do HEADS, HANDS, and FEET at somewhat of a reduced cost and you simply put them on an existing body??

That could work. There's not many sculpts with long hair, and although I do expect shoes/boots I wasn't thinking of hands. Both Rider of Rohan and Soldiers of Gondor have coveredhands.

http://wiki.lindefirion.net/images/GondorMilitary3.jpg

http://www.brego.net/imglib/galleryimage/galleryimage_image_321.jpg

The Josh
05-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I think when school gets out its time for another Trilogy Showing. :rock

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Watched a little FOTR and ROTK Monday when I was home sick... Got my son to watch the Hobbit last week! He loves the Troll scene.

The Josh
05-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Watched a little FOTR and ROTK Monday when I was home sick... Got my son to watch the Hobbit last week! He loves the Troll scene.

Very nice! :hi5: I try to limit myself to 1-2 watchings a year. Plus I read the books every year as well so that tends to cover the bases. Then when you add in that being my main focus collecting as well as writing stuff for TORn its an effort not to overdo things.

FLOSI
05-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I'll watch a SW OT film just about every month... Of course, my son is 4, so he's just getting into it for the first time ever... it changes the experience. That being said, those never get old for me.

superdoug
05-01-2013, 12:47 PM
I've got Loki, Mark VII, and the PowerPose Mark 42. That's it.

Lol. Hot Toys really sucked me in last year with Indy (reward points), Sparrow (the one high end figure I bought last year) and Captain America (wife won him for me from Sideshow Christmas). This year I sold off a bunch of stuff and I gave in and picked up DX12? Batman and DX Joker 2.0 (and I have Bane, Iron Man, Catwoman; Loki and Thor in the bull pen waiting to arrive) but I am trying to quit them. Lord of the Rings is just the thing to do it too. If they are high quality I would probably end up selling most of the other stuff I have to focus on Rings. Due to room and budget issues (the cost of having a family) I am really trying to keep this hobby at cost neutral which means everytime I want to buy something I need to sell something. It's also why I am hoping that they won't be curning out 20 figures a year.

superdoug
05-01-2013, 12:51 PM
I'll watch a SW OT film just about every month... Of course, my son is 4, so he's just getting into it for the first time ever... it changes the experience. That being said, those never get old for me.

My son turns 5 this weekend and he loves the originals. So does my daughter. They haven't seen the new trilogy yet though. It's been a blast watching it with them same goes with reading the Lord of the Rings (they've only seen bits of those movies though because they are pretty intense most of the time).

It was neat seeing my daughter come greet me at the door one day really excited to tell me that Disney bought Star Wars and that they were going to be making more so we could see it in the theaters (she's 7 so she is not a cynic yet like some fans :rotfl).

Also yes I will buy any Indy figure Hot Toys makes after the Middle Earth Universe the Indiana Series is next for me.

The Josh
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM

Yeah, I have no doubts having a child changes it totally. You get to experience it in a totally new way. Someday, I that might happen to me.

Lol. Hot Toys really sucked me in last year with Indy (reward points), Sparrow (the one high end figure I bought last year) and Captain America (wife won him for me from Sideshow Christmas). This year I sold off a bunch of stuff and I gave in and picked up DX12? Batman and DX Joker 2.0 (and I have Bane, Iron Man, Catwoman; Loki and Thor in the bull pen waiting to arrive) but I am trying to quit them. Lord of the Rings is just the thing to do it too. If they are high quality I would probably end up selling most of the other stuff I have to focus on Rings. Due to room and budget issues (the cost of having a family) I am really trying to keep this hobby at cost neutral which means everytime I want to buy something I need to sell something. It's also why I am hoping that they won't be curning out 20 figures a year.

They can suck you in quick. :lol Thankfully I was able to thin down areas I didn't want to have so many in and The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit stuff I wanted to add more. Worked out well for me. :rock

rainax
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Hoping that Asmus' LOTR figures quality will be at least 80% near HT quality, especially for human figures' likenesses.. Because all along this time from what I've seen their sculpts aren't really that good. But that is also justifiable if their prices are lower.

LordAzrael
05-02-2013, 05:49 AM
I can live with ordinary sculpts - Lotr is big enough someone will step up to the plate to offer upgrades :-)

Geb
05-02-2013, 07:49 AM
So...it is 2 May...I thought ASMUS was going to announce something on the 1st? I know they said a full reveal on 15 May...but I also heard something about the 1st? Anyone?

Crimsonbob
05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
The Witch King, Sauron and Gandalf the white are a definite for me. I wouldn't be suprised if i dont get at least 6 figures if not 9+ in the years to come.

FLOSI
05-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I guess I never thought about how awesome Saruman would look, assuming they gave him the proper height.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20900000/Saruman-and-Gandalf-saruman-20940348-331-424.jpg

After spending some time and money customizing SS Gandalf I find it hard to imagine that I'd be in for a new one, regardless of how good a job Asmus or ACI can do, but I would be interested in certain items, like his belt.

Crimsonbob
05-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Soz i edited my post as i'd like a Gandalf the white :)

FLOSI
05-02-2013, 09:18 AM
GTG >>>>> GTW, IMO. Now eat my socks, CB.

Crimsonbob
05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
GTG >>>>> GTW, IMO. Now eat my socks, CB.

That's Skiman's job so i'll happily post them to him :lol

FLOSI
05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
He does love a good sock. :lol

The Josh
05-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I like GTW but I do prefer GTG more.

Geb
05-02-2013, 09:32 AM
GTG will always be the definitive Gandalf for me...much more the 'real' person. When he transformed and returned as GTW, he was far more quiet, reserved, and focused.

pixletwin
05-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Thankfully once all the Hobbit movies are in release, GTG will be the predominant Gandalf of the Tolkien/Jackson universe.

Darth Zangetsu
05-02-2013, 01:36 PM
My son turns 5 this weekend and he loves the originals. So does my daughter. They haven't seen the new trilogy yet though. It's been a blast watching it with them same goes with reading the Lord of the Rings (they've only seen bits of those movies though because they are pretty intense most of the time).

It was neat seeing my daughter come greet me at the door one day really excited to tell me that Disney bought Star Wars and that they were going to be making more so we could see it in the theaters (she's 7 so she is not a cynic yet like some fans :rotfl).

Also yes I will buy any Indy figure Hot Toys makes after the Middle Earth Universe the Indiana Series is next for me.

My son will be 10 weeks this Saturday. i cannot wait to introduce him to SW, LOTR, and Batman(my personal fav). I already have that Darth Vader and Son book for kids. I'll have to put it away once he gets old enough to understand Luke is Vader's son. I want him to be as blown away as i was when I learned that.

creature4000
05-03-2013, 05:17 AM
:lol my daughter 19 months knows most of the SW and LOTR characters on my shelfs. When she see them on tv or online she runs to my cabinet and points. :lol

AD Artwork
05-03-2013, 08:53 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/217111_10151354259096968_2075006961_n.jpg

The Josh
05-03-2013, 08:55 AM
That's a pretty balanced list. Looking forward to seeing what these look like.

I hope Aragorn is in his black gates outfit.

AD Artwork
05-03-2013, 08:56 AM
hi guys,
just in case someone bought multiple for Ringwrath...
i will personally suggest you not...

There will be very very good offer for a chance to get 9 Ringraith in near future...

Crimsonbob
05-03-2013, 09:05 AM
1 or 2 to go with the witch king will do me but it's great your going that extra mile :)

Will you be doing Sauron in all his glory this year?

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/21139_10151353765866968_261699733_n.jpg

Johnny Utah
05-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Need it to be the Ranger version of Aragorn. Hope they add Boromir and Faramir.

Bucky Underbelly
05-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Great list! If these turn out the way I hope they do ... I'm already hooked! :pray:

pixletwin
05-03-2013, 09:35 AM
I'll be interested to see how Gimli turns out, just to compare him with my custom.

nexus
05-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Good list. As others are saying it will depend on how they turn out in terms of likenesses, scale and tailoring and price point of course. Not a huge fan of Gothmog so that's probably a 50/50 at this point. I'd like to see at least one female (preferably Arwen) and one hobbit added to this list. Legolas would also be nice.
This is a top license, so really hoping Asmus pulls it off.

Wetanut
05-03-2013, 09:58 AM
"The journey continuous.." ????? :gah:
Shouldn't it be "The journey continues.." ????

And I don't think I'm being nitpicky....

AD Artwork
05-03-2013, 09:58 AM
1 or 2 to go with the witch king will do me but it's great your going that extra mile :)

Will you be doing Sauron in all his glory this year?

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/21139_10151353765866968_261699733_n.jpg

Sauron will be a chanllenge,
but I think we will give it a try at some point

pixletwin
05-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Asmus, you guys need to get someone who speaks English to proofread your stuff.

Bucky Underbelly
05-03-2013, 10:12 AM
"The journey continuous.." ????? :gah:
Shouldn't it be "The journey continues.." ????

And I don't think I'm being nitpicky....

:lol

I didn't even notice that. Maybe they mean they're committed to this line for the really long haul. :lol

FLOSI
05-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Well, guess I'll just start with the Witch King and see where it goes!

Fritz
05-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Need it to be the Ranger version of Aragorn. Hope they add Boromir and Faramir.

I would prefer a Gondor version but I'm not going to officially throw in my vote because I'm not going to collect this line so just ignore me :D, but...

Put aside the Ranger, become who you were born to be!

http://youtu.be/5w8yWQwHSaI

How many countless times have I watched these films and I still got the chills watching that clip. :rock

The Josh
05-03-2013, 10:43 AM
How many countless times have I watched these films and I still got the chills watching that clip. :rock

U and me both :hi5:

Gipetto0812
05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/21139_10151353765866968_261699733_n.jpg

Will buy them all! :rock so excited right now

Hoping Aragorn to be an all in one kinda deal meaning, both shirts (grey from FOTR & red from TT and ROTK), Boromir vambraces, both cloaks (black and lothlorian), both swords/sheaths(ranger and anduril), elven dagger and all his other ranger gear. Also Asmus, please give us a full quiver of arrows! Don't be like sideshow and only give us 5 that barely fill up the quiver :pray:

galactiboy
05-03-2013, 11:34 AM
hi guys,
just in case someone bought multiple for Ringwrath...
i will personally suggest you not...

There will be very very good offer for a chance to get 9 Ringraith in near future...

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm definitely in for the Witch King and Gothmog, and I'll see how the other 3 turn out. Least interested in GTW, just don't care for that incarnation.

abake
05-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Very nice list!

I hope to see reveals soon.

Crimsonbob
05-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Sauron will be a chanllenge,
but I think we will give it a try at some point

I hope so because if i could only have 1 figure it would be him :)

FLOSI
05-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

I'm definitely in for the Witch King and Gothmog, and I'll see how the other 3 turn out. Least interested in GTW, just don't care for that incarnation.

Same. Gimli is of interest as I've never put a custom together and I am interested to see how Aragorn looks but overall I'm still pretty happy with the one I got from you a few years ago after I weathered the living hell out of him.

galactiboy
05-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah, Gimili is only a semi-pass since I have one made by Seb using the sculpted with the extended beard. So that one will be a bit difficult to top; but you never know. A figure that was made as one cohesive piece could be too hard to turn down when push comes to shove.

FlyAndFight
05-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Of those on that list, Gandalf the White is a must-have for me.

The others have been taken care of, via customs figures (Gimli, Merry, Pippin and Bilbo), updating (repaint of SS Aragorn and Faramir), or filled in with a SS/Weta 1/6th statue (Gothmog on Warg & Morgul Lord.)

Reallying looking forward to this line!

screamingmetal
05-03-2013, 02:22 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/21139_10151353765866968_261699733_n.jpg

I'm just wondering, and it may have been asked & answered before, but is there any chance of Sideshow selling Asmus's LOTR figures on their website?
Reason being I love the payment options and reward points it gives us collectors.
Also, thanks for corresponding with us here on the forum.

Darth Zangetsu
05-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Aragorn is a must own for me. So are Gimli and The Witch King of Angmar. I like Gandalf the White, but not sure if i would prefer him GTG. We shall see though. Can't wait for these to be up for preorder.

Snakey Jones
05-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I can actually justify buying all of these figures, which is horrible, absolutely horrible.

I kinda hope the witch king reveal is a massive letdown so I can get out of this line and save my money.

K.bowen
05-03-2013, 02:39 PM
i wonder which Aragorn we get, ranger, helms deep, or king I hope its ranger

Gipetto0812
05-03-2013, 02:47 PM
i wonder which Aragorn we get, ranger, helms deep, or king I hope its ranger
Given that they said that Aragorn is one that needs to be redone, I'm sure it will be him in his ranger gear. Though I hope it's a bit of a deluxe all in one from all 3 movies in terms of his ranger gear.

pixletwin
05-03-2013, 02:49 PM
If they are expecting me to double dip on characters like Aragorn, they had better provide some pretty awesome incentives for doing it.

FLOSI
05-03-2013, 03:23 PM
If they are expecting me to double dip on characters like Aragorn, they had better provide some pretty awesome incentives for doing it.

:exactly::goodpost: And a few well made items won't be enough. Sure, I might try to snag them on eBay, but that's far from a full figure purchase.

The Josh
05-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Ill double up if its him from The black gates sequence. Otherwise most likely I'd have to pass.

K.bowen
05-03-2013, 03:59 PM
hopefully we get his ranger and Greenleaf cloak his 2 swords and boromirs wrist guards so we can have him from whatever movie

Johnny Utah
05-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks for posting Asmus!

Please post behind the scenes pics of the sculpts as you make them. Viggo is very very very tough to capture.

Lejuan
05-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I missed the SSC releases, so this line has me excited about collecting again. It was getting pretty boring there for a while.

DarthNeil
05-04-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm just wondering, and it may have been asked & answered before, but is there any chance of Sideshow selling Asmus's LOTR figures on their website?
Reason being I love the payment options and reward points it gives us collectors.
Also, thanks for corresponding with us here on the forum.

Great question. :exactly:

superdoug
05-04-2013, 06:08 PM

And Hot Tous can now say good bye to my money because this list is great! Thanks for the heads up about the ringwraiths. It is awesome to see you guys jumping in full steam ahead with this. I am really excited to see how this all turns out.

shocktrooper_au
05-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Where will these be available from?

Snakey Jones
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
So if witch king's coming out in June, that leaves six months to get the other 4 out, which is pretty ****ing brisk if you ask me.

Gipetto0812
05-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Where will these be available from?

You'll probably be able to buy from them directly off their website like most of their items, but BBTS, Toy Anxiety, and Cotswold Collectibles are other places that I know of who also sell Asmus products

TotalDominAsian
05-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Hmm... Depending on how the likeness comes out, I may pick up the Aragorn and Gimli. Probably just keep them boxed up until I hear that they'll continue the fellowship. (Gandalf the white doesn't count IMO)

KalElReviews
05-05-2013, 02:33 AM

Awesome, can not wait to see in hand!

Road of Sky
05-05-2013, 04:37 AM
that's interesting...

TheFiend
05-05-2013, 05:06 AM

Whoa, that's a decent list. Although I'd still be interested in seeing how it turns out, I'm not really in to GTW.

All those are supposed to come out this year?? You basically have 7 months to get 5 figures out.

Geb
05-05-2013, 05:29 AM
This list would be SERIOUSLY ambitious for Hot Toys with all of the licenses they currently hold...but if this is ALL that Asmus is working on...it could work.

Anxious for May 20!!

cstojano
05-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Asmus Toys is proud to present the grand plan for the Lord of the Ring's 1/6 collectible action figure project. This is an elaborate plan for 5 years long term project, in which we have already scheduled over 20 figures, and 10 sets of armors. This is a project that we dedicate to all the lovers of LOTR, and we want to build this wonderful opportunity based upon the heart of all collectors.
We have categorized the project into 4 different series :

Heroes of Middle-Earth
Man of West
Army of Mordor
Armors in the battlefields

Heroes of the Middle-Earth will be the premier line of important characters. Presented by well know heroes such as Aragorn, Gandalf...etc, who will be built in top quality head sculpt, realistically accurate clothing, and mixed media accessories. Each hero will have its own custom base, and together they will be puzzled into a huge battle field diorama. Also, heroes don’t necessarily have to be the good guys.

Man of West and Army of Mordor will feature the soldiers from both side of the force. Some of the familiar faces we see in the movies but not as important as the heroes. Examples like Urakais, Orcs and even Merry and Pippen.

Armors in the Battlefields is a series of products that will contain only the armors, weapons and clothing. Collectors can use whatever figure body you have at hand to custom a figure in a relatively cheaper price, in this way, collectors can put together an army in affordable budget. Examples such as Godorian soilders, Orc armors..etc

This is the basic plan we have drawn out in the Asmus toys design team! For all who has an idea that may top this in the perspective of a collector, please let us know! We would love to hear and gather more feedbacks, like it said at the start, This will be made for you/us~

Asmus Toys

cstojano
05-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Some interesting choices here in terms of their conceptualization. The battlefield diorama bit suggests we won't see versions of characters from different points in the story.

Johnny Utah
05-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Jesus imagine Eomer's armor in 1/6 scale. Really hope to see Faramir too. Love his design and character.

Wor-Gar
05-05-2013, 05:39 PM

WHAT!!!!? Gothmog! YES!!! :yess:

I can't believe it, been trying for years to figure a way to bash a Gothmog (as some of you may remember). He will definitely be a shelf-favorite. Nasty-azz hobgoblin putty-tat.

This is frackin' awesome! Actually, the entire list is awesome!

shocktrooper_au
05-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Love the armoury idea

lerath666
05-05-2013, 09:41 PM
So, big question. do these have a projected price yet?

Hamanu
05-06-2013, 01:08 AM
So, big question. do these have a projected price yet?

$150 for deluxe editions, minor characters for less.

Hamanu
05-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Hmm... Depending on how the likeness comes out, I may pick up the Aragorn and Gimli. Probably just keep them boxed up until I hear that they'll continue the fellowship. (Gandalf the white doesn't count IMO)

:exactly:

Gandalf the White is an essential character in the trilogy, but Gandalf the Grey is THE wizard of Middle Earth :)

creature4000
05-06-2013, 05:20 AM
I am so pumped for this. This might get me back into LOTR! :rock

I pray the quality is great and the prices are good!

I'm very interested in the diorama bases!

I have my fingers crossed!!!

AD Artwork
05-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Jesus imagine Eomer's armor in 1/6 scale. Really hope to see Faramir too. Love his design and character.

Wouldn't it be a shame if Eomer is not made in a boxed figure?

Geb
05-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Wouldn't it be a shame if Eomer is not made in a boxed figure?

Yeah...real shame! Bet you are going to REMEDY that aern't you??!!

The BIGGEST concern from everyone here on the boards is probably SCULPT quality with respect to likeness of the character actor. The Sideshow scuplts weren't that good, honestly, but the costuming was excellent!

Best of luck...and The Green Dragon (http://www.thegd.com)will be anxiously awaiting to report!!

superdoug
05-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Yeah...real shame! Bet you are going to REMEDY that aern't you??!!

The BIGGEST concern from everyone here on the boards is probably SCULPT quality with respect to likeness of the character actor. The Sideshow scuplts weren't that good, honestly, but the costuming was excellent!

Best of luck...and The Green Dragon (http://www.thegd.com)will be anxiously awaiting to report!!

Part of the problem was the way they made the hedsculpts back then with the rubbery hair and the shinny gloss over the whole headsculpt Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir and FARAMIR all suffered from this to different degrees). With a good paint job the headsclupts look a lot better, just look at some repainted Aragorns, Boromirs and Faramirs on this site. Granted they are not Hot Toys likeness quality but they aren't as bad as some people make them out to be at least in my opinion.