PDA

View Full Version : this is ridiculous already! HOT TOYS NOT GIVING US FIGURES FROM OTHER LICENSES

Pages : [1] 2

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
i just saw now that 3 more iron man figures are coming out for HT:mad:DO THEY EVEN CARE FOR ANY OTHER LICENSES ?

i mean iron man is cool and all, i wouldn't mind collecting a couple myself but this is to much i've been waiting for a new predator ,and they announced a jack sparrow cannibal king and throne i think it was like two years ago where is that at ? Come on HT give us a few different things not just iron man and give the iron man collectors a chance to catch up on some orders :monkey4:mad:

EVILFACE
04-17-2013, 07:20 AM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z35/orenthaljames/U-MAD-BRO-Arnold.jpg

galactiboy
04-17-2013, 07:23 AM
I had a similar reaction this morning when I saw the announcement... but remember, sales of stuff like that hopefully fund projects with less popularity like Predator, ALIEN, etc...

vodoun
04-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Heh, I did chuckle at the message. Not because of Iron Man but it was mash the keyboard and send.

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 07:24 AM
More Iron Man, please.

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:29 AM
:nana: its just irritating to me

vodoun
04-17-2013, 07:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJGrIyt-X8

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:35 AM
it irritates me that they are just popping out iron man figures like nothing, and this time they just announced 3 more .
they have a new one each week and i dont just want more predator figures where is the other figures they announced ?

its just a little fast

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
More, and faster please Hot Toys. Thanks.

vodoun
04-17-2013, 07:37 AM
You pervert.

a-dev
04-17-2013, 07:38 AM
In fairness it took a long time for all those predators to come out. The Iron Man movies have only existed since 2008 and the figures have been non-stop ever since.

It annoys me aswell. Mind you, at the moment its not like I can really afford to have every HT release be a must-buy Terminator figure - nevertheless I wouldn't object to seeing other licenses get some love whether they are buys for me or not.

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:43 AM
thank you A-DEV

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 07:56 AM
You pervert.
Tell me all this Iron Man news doesn't excite you, and I'll tell you the name of a liar.

Hydeous
04-17-2013, 08:00 AM
They are a business first and foremost. I'm pretty sure their license is expensive (to keep enterbay, medicom, play imaginative etc out of the 1/6 license) and they need to bank in on the hype of the movies as well. Pretty logical move IMO.

vodoun
04-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Tell me all this Iron Man news doesn't excite you, and I'll tell you the name of a liar.

........LoL!

a-dev
04-17-2013, 08:08 AM
and they need to bank in on the hype of the movies as well. Pretty logical move IMO.

That didn't seem to apply to Avatar or X-Men First Class or Prometheus and arguably those licenses needed immediate movie-hype more than Iron Man does to sell figures. I'm sure theres other examples.

Rorywan
04-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Planet of The Apes
Mars Attacks
Edward Scissorhands
The Godfather
Robocop
MJ Thriller
..etc

The golden age of HT licensing. Those days are gone i fear.

Not only are HT releasing a multitude of new Iron man releases, they are laying out a sales plan that
will allow them to release at least three versions of each at some point. 1: MMS, 2: Die-cast and 3:Powerpose, how
many is that? Mind boggling. It's like Pokemon.

No problem with this, if it didn't impact on their other releases, it does seem to be doing so, quite badly in fact.

a-dev
04-17-2013, 08:18 AM
At one point there were NO Marvel figures from HT and they were much wanted, but boy has it swung completely the other way now.

RIDDICK
04-17-2013, 08:19 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37071574.jpg

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 08:20 AM
At one point there were NO Marvel figures from HT and they were much wanted, but boy has it swung completely the other way now.
So you're saying we should. . .be careful what we wish for? :confused:

Rorywan
04-17-2013, 08:26 AM
I think HT should be pretty careful, it's a dangerous business plan.
Short term gain, a huge output of resources into one area and potential damage to their longterm fan base.

Personally I can't bare the sight of their FB page or HTC pages right now, as it's an incomprehensible mess of Iron man images and suits.
It's just too much IMO. As a result I'm not buying ANY of them. And I have quite a large Iron man collection as I have previously always enjoyed the HT releases.

a-dev
04-17-2013, 08:29 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37071574.jpg

Don't you agree with this particular complaint or are you all for the Iron Man domination?

So you're saying we should. . .be careful what we wish for? :confused:

It was just an observation but I guess you could say that yeah.

Short term gain, a huge output of resources into one area and potential damage to their longterm fan base.

Personally I can't bare the sight of their FB page or HTC pages right now, as it's an incomprehensible mess of Iron man images and suits.
It's just too much IMO. As a result I'm not buying ANY of them. And I have quite a large Iron man collection as I have previously always enjoyed the HT releases.

Its reminding of McFarlane and their big giant Halo boner. And who collects McFarlane any more?

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 08:35 AM
soon we will see all these iron man figures in 1/4 scale .

a lot of other licenses have just disappeared ,been pushed aside at least slow down on the iron man ,and i was just on HT facebook page WOW nothing but iron man your right

crows
04-17-2013, 08:44 AM

Its reminding of McFarlane and their big giant Halo boner. And who collects McFarlane any more?

good point.

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Yes, but have boners gone out of style? Something to think about. Hot Toys may be crazy. . .LIKE A FOX!

crows
04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
:nana: its just irritating to me

yeah, it is kind of annoying. But are you really that surprised?

the minute I saw the trailer I thought HT would go crazy with IM. So I wouldn't be surprised by it.

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
its just all ive seen up on the SSC site and HT site dont get me wrong i love iron man my favorite superhero but its just overwhelming its nothing but iron man , yea we have seen some GI-joe i think two , but what about the teaser with Robocop ,Prometheus and the others where are those figures ?

ExMem-LarjaThwei
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Glad they're making tons of Ironman figures. The suits are awesome.

If they cancel their Prometheus line because of this though, I'll kill them.

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Iron Man sucks. Stahp it already.

crows
04-17-2013, 09:23 AM
its just all ive seen up on the SSC site and HT site dont get me wrong i love iron man my favorite superhero but its just overwhelming its nothing but iron man , yea we have seen some GI-joe i think two , but what about the teaser with Robocop ,Prometheus and the others where are those figures ?

yeah, I know how you feel, but I was just saying, once I saw the trailer my first thought was "HT are going to go IM crazy" it was obvious this was going to happen.

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 09:25 AM
all missing what happened shouldn't we see something? only have seen two predators and luke

http://awesometoyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Hot-toys-robocop.jpg
http://plasticandplush.com/images/2011/05/ht-potc-poster.jpg
http://www.afhub.com/images/wp-files//Hot-Toys-Predator-series-teaser.jpg
http://plasticandplush.com/images/2012/07/27/Hot-Toys-The-Avengers-%20Chitauri-Footsoldier-Teaser.jpg
http://celluloidpopculturejunkie.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/387591_278867445484924_113785701993100_765452_1521 319449_n1.jpg
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/ht-sw-teaser.jpg
http://www.plastikitty.com/wp-content/uploads/76-1_prometheus-teaser.jpg
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=hot+toys+teaser&start=150&um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=570&tbm=isch&tbnid=xNxD4DumJCCZuM:&imgrefurl=http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D121378%26page%3D39&docid=QITEZuZkG0V4wM&itg=1&imgurl=https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/734236_471025382959457_192179119_n.jpg&w=540&h=810&ei=SspuUdTDAsbDygH8iIHAAQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:58,s:100,i:178&iact=rc&dur=738&page=9&tbnh=165&tbnw=110&ndsp=20&tx=45&ty=74

Sweet Rabbit
04-17-2013, 09:31 AM
It'll happen not need to go crazy

sixth_sith
04-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I agree... never should a Toy company with dozens of licenses "shut down" for a month and pump nothing but Iron man on their site...

Newsflash... Ironman x 25 is GAYE....

Anyone here disagreeing with you is just picking a fight...

If you "collect", you are a "crybaby" PERIOD

thecorsair
04-17-2013, 09:42 AM
More Iron Man, please.

Specifically the Mark 33, Mark 39 & Mark 40 in Movie Masterpiece diecast.

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Specifically the Mark 33, Mark 39 & Mark 40 in Movie Masterpiece diecast.

They should be melted with a blowtorch, enough overexposure already.

thecorsair
04-17-2013, 09:46 AM
They should be melted with a blowtorch, enough overexposure already.

At this time Iron Man and the MCU will make far more money for HT than many of the other licenses people are whining about ever will.

Hot Toys are a business.

Following the money makes perfect sense.

Giving in to the whims of a minority with entitlement issues does not.

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
At this time Iron Man and the MCU will make far more money for HT than many of the other licenses people are whining about ever will.

Hot Toys are a business.

Following the money makes perfect sense.

Giving in to the whims of a minority with entitlement issues does not.

Yes they are, they are just a despicable company riding the gravy train into the ground.

I cannot wait for the whole Avengers line to be finished and dead and maybe we could move on to licenses people actually give a **** about.

Jayrod88
04-17-2013, 09:51 AM
I agree... But when the gravy train ends, atleast we will have saved enough money for all the figure planned for 2011-2013 when they get released all in the same month!

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
I agree... But when the gravy train ends, atleast we will have saved enough money for all the figure planned for 2011-2013 when they get released all in the same month!

Fair point, in the time they release all these things in the coming months it pushes back all my stuff on order and I can build cash waiting on them.

I just got DX11 and nothing really expensive coming out until the summer time from Hot Toys, or so they say :dunno

thecorsair
04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Yes they are, they are just a despicable company riding the gravy train into the ground.

I cannot wait for the whole Avengers line to be finished and dead and maybe we could move on to licenses people actually give a **** about.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/thecorsair1/Waah_zps3f136134.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/thecorsair1/media/Waah_zps3f136134.jpg.html)

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 10:04 AM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/thecorsair1/Waah_zps3f136134.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/thecorsair1/media/Waah_zps3f136134.jpg.html)

No one is here crying bub.

People like you are why I completely stay out of the Marvel section.

Rzeznikk
04-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Add Me to the frustrated and annoyed list as well. Fuggin Iron Man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

thecorsair
04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
No one is here crying bub.

People like you are why I completely stay out of the Marvel section.

So much anger over such a trivial subject :lol

Rorywan
04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
I think this thread should be retitled to be a little more accurate about the subject matter, as it's the first thread I have seen on here to deal with this issue.

:monkey3

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 10:12 AM
So much anger over such a trivial subject :lol

Yes, Iron Man is very trivial.

ExMem-LarjaThwei
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM

I cannot wait for the whole Avengers line to be finished and dead and maybe we could move on to licenses people actually give a **** about.You mean like Ironman?

thecorsair
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes, Iron Man is very trivial.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 10:19 AM
You mean like Ironman?

Well I mean that whole part of the Marvel line as a whole. Other stuff they release is fine since there isn't a dozen different variants to every character.

Jayrod88
04-17-2013, 10:24 AM
I have to give a big thimbs up to Hot Toys for milking a line that is "Easy Money". But I feel that they should also keep to their other lines. Marvel and DC are novelty items. As stated before, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, hell even POTC are films that have stood the test of time. They are classics deserving 1/6 treatment. The up side to this, is when the Comic hard-on in cinema dies down, we will once again be treated with so many releases from our iconic lines, that we will be *****ing that its too mich for our wallets.

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 10:29 AM
I have to give a big thimbs up to Hot Toys for milking a line that is "Easy Money". But I feel that they should also keep to their other lines. Marvel and DC are novelty items. As stated before, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, hell even POTC are films that have stood the test of time. They are classics deserving 1/6 treatment. The up side to this, is when the Comic hard-on in cinema dies down, we will once again be treated with so many releases from our iconic lines, that we will be *****ing that its too mich for our wallets.

I'd be happy complaining about how I have no money after buying great collectibles :rock

This stupid Marvel craze will die down, it died down after Spiderman 3 and X Men 3 and now it's back.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Marvel & DC are novelty items? :lol

They've been around long before anything else.. :huh

Sweet Rabbit
04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
People in this thread can't be serious :lol

moose
04-17-2013, 10:48 AM
I think they are a long way from actually producing these figures although they did mention that they have 15 figures from the movie in mind when we will see them is another matter.

Snake Plissken
04-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I think they are a long way from actually producing these figures although they did mention that they have 15 figures from the movie in mind when we will see them is another matter.

I bet too soon.

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Yep. Did you see those caveman drawings of Spider-Man from 500,000 years ago?

joshh
04-17-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm sure they take a look at their books and they see IM bringing in the most cash. Also, social media has shown that IM is gigantically more popular than many other lines. I mean I have seen most of the new Predator figures sitting in shelves at local stores since the Classic Predator release. But, all the IM flight off the shelves in no time.
Either Way, HT might be releasing and announcing tons of IM stuff but they have also released TDKR, announced GI Joe figs, the Avengers, etc. So it is not all IM.

a-dev
04-17-2013, 11:12 AM

I don't think its a stupid craze. These Marvel films are certainly worthy of figures. What bothers me is that every other license has to wait years and years for 'completion'. Why does Iron Man in particular get everything made continuously with no sign of a hiatus? Surely its even in the interests of Iron Man fanatics themselves to get a bit of a breather.

ExMem-LarjaThwei
04-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't think its a stupid craze. These Marvel films are certainly worthy of figures. What bothers me is that every other license has to wait years and years for completion. Why does Iron Man in particular get everything made continuously with no sign of a hiatus? Surely its even in the interests of Iron Man fanatics themselves to get a bit of a breather.Yup. Hot Toys can make all the Ironmen they want as long as they doesn't put every other project on hold. And it seems like they are putting some lines on hold.

surforia
04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I like Iron Man and all, but, I agree with the sentiment that it's getting boring and predictable. HT is seeing green, and I don't blame them - they are a business after all. I'm going to reserve my judgemnet, however, until after SDCC. If their display doesn't have a new Star Wars figure, Marty McFly or something else different/cool/unexpected, then I'd be bummed.

BadMuthaDude
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Iron Man 3 is coming out. Iron Man makes money. Iron Man Hot Toys make money. Whatcanyado? Nuthin'. Now go buy all the Iron Mans.

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Iron Man 3 is coming out. Iron Man makes money. Iron Man Hot Toys make money. Whatcanyado?
I'll tell you what I'ma gonna do. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXFdikh-70

cplhicks
04-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I was a bit annoyed by the announcement as well but it's not the end of the world. There is plenty of other stuff you can spend your money on whither it is action figure related or something else.

Lately I have been saving a ton of money because HT hasn't made anything I have wanted. I've used that money to really jump into the MP Transformers line. I have also been using the spare money for other hobbies like my retro game collection.

At the end of day I wish HT was making cool things I wanted but now I am enjoying other lines and hobbies with all my extra money.

abake
04-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I wonder if there really is a market for all those IM figures...
At over $200 bucks each, it'll be pretty difficult to "collect them all".
Unless it's a case of only collecting IM.

Project_A
04-17-2013, 01:05 PM
I was a bit annoyed by the announcement as well but it's not the end of the world. There is plenty of other stuff you can spend your money on whither it is action figure related or something else.

Lately I have been saving a ton of money because HT hasn't made anything I have wanted. I've used that money to really jump into the MP Transformers line. I have also been using the spare money for other hobbies like my retro game collection.

At the end of day I wish HT was making cool things I wanted but now I am enjoying other lines and hobbies with all my extra money.

:exactly::goodpost:

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 01:06 PM
At some point, I realized what was going on and simply didn't put my faith in Hot Toys anymore. If I want something from a movie I care about that isn't Iron Man or Joker, then I go the custom route. It is more expensive, but I've got a display that I'm happy with because of it.

vodoun
04-17-2013, 01:09 PM
People in this thread can't be serious :lol

It's a shame nobody posted Harry Potter, ridikulous.

At some point, I realized what was going on and simply didn't put my faith in Hot Toys anymore. If I want something from a movie I care about that isn't Iron Man or Joker, then I go the custom route. It is more expensive, but I've got a display that I'm happy with because of it.

Why do I see offloading soon as the official is revealed? not implying you personally. In/out, In/out, In...../Out..........., In................/Out.............

Gipetto0812
04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
this thread is :lol

I say let em make em and get them outta the way. I don't see why this is surprising at all. When HT announced the IM3 license they said they'd be making 15 of them and so far they seem to be getting 4 or 5 outta the way. Plus all they did was announce that the armors will be made, they didn't show any prototypes :dunno who knows when those armors will actually be revealed??

karamazov80
04-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Why do I see offloading soon as the official is revealed? not implying you personally. In/out, In/out, In...../Out..........., In................/Out.............
Say no more!

http://youtu.be/M7HycFnH26U

Papasmoak
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
I agree... never should a Toy company with dozens of licenses "shut down" for a month and pump nothing but Iron man on their site...

Newsflash... Ironman x 25 is GAYE....

Anyone here disagreeing with you is just picking a fight...

If you "collect", you are a "crybaby" PERIOD

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QaEsy3VUs8I/TVNnPt7eDGI/AAAAAAAABFs/xyVHor675jI/s640/cry-baby.jpg

crows
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM

yeah I think so. I mean, IM probably brings a lot of money in so there will be people "collecting them all"

vodoun
04-17-2013, 02:01 PM
LoL! kara.

spindrift
04-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Goodbye XFC, Prometheus, Sleepy Hollow, Robocop, BTTF, etc etc etc

Ht has just become a subsidiary of Disney/Marvel

Jester
04-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Does HT still hold the Aliens license? If not, why hasn't any other 1/6th company picked it up? Seems it'd be like printing money...

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
if they dont stop im going to neca ......lol:cuckoo:

i want to see enterbay get the alien and predator license ive seen some of their figures and they are really nice, if they do byebye HT:horror lol no .....BUT DONT PUSH ME!

Boba Ben
04-17-2013, 04:49 PM

More like over $300 each if you want an articulated Iron Man toy these days.

P.
04-17-2013, 05:02 PM
once McFarlane totally went into sport figures i heard.
HT risks same fate :D

TheFiend
04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
More crying about Iron Man.....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

MagnumOpus
04-17-2013, 05:17 PM
The same reaction does exist in Turkey but strangely nobody stop buying them!:) What a paradox:)

P.
04-17-2013, 05:39 PM
ban all ironman buyers!!! :ban:

Vonhahn
04-17-2013, 05:49 PM
To be fair...remember.....who works at Hot Toys??? Asians. What is very popular in many Asian cultures? Robots.

How are you all suprised?

tinister
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
I suspected Hot Toys has money issues. Most toy companies do. It's a tough racket. Despite their popularity and domination of the market; they're probably short on cash. And paying for tons of licensed properties and doing nothing with them is probably part of the reason.

So now they have to funnel their resources to the one licensed property that can make them money - which for the moment is Iron Man. They probably can't afford to spread their resources across a variety of licenses.

highlander1
04-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Love Ironman and do agree the release's have been nonstop. It feels like you need to be STARK or very ,very rich to collect them all. I mean the hall of armors price's are pretty hi priced. Every time see something so overpriced ,I think of the movie big's movie line. TRUCKIZILLA 59.95 ! Tom Hank's line you Know that only cost 5.00 to make !
That's how i feel collecting hot toys figure's but only collecting one's i realy realy will love and keep forever. So some are worth me to then i paid for like hot toys LUKE or 89 batman figures. I only own 1 Ironman and cant just collect him and this thread would be very differnt if it was star wars or aliens or lotr . Either way it's Year of the IRONMAN next year may be GI joe just collect what you love. Nobody's forcing you to buy them. This hobby teaches much patience ,just wait out the iron man wave ,if dont want them. Your franchise wave will come young grasshopper be ready for it...

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 06:18 PM
im sick of waiting :impatient::panic: i want the other licenses now ,eh.:rotfl

i see many good reason in here,but HOT TOYS... they better make up for this with an avp alien queen if they can build all these vehicles for batman and all of ironman's tech and hall of armor they can make an alien queen

P.
04-17-2013, 06:40 PM
im sick of waiting :impatient::panic: i want the other licenses now ,eh.:rotfl

i see many good reason in here,but HOT TOYS... they better make up for this with an avp alien queen if they can build all these vehicles for batman and all of ironman's tech and hall of armor they can make an alien queenthey'll give it to Tsang and you will feel sorry for your today's wish :D

Gipetto0812
04-17-2013, 06:47 PM
To be fair...remember.....who works at Hot Toys??? Asians. What is very popular in many Asian cultures? Robots.

How are you all suprised?

But...but...terminators are robots...where's my 1/6 police shoot out t800??

a-dev
04-17-2013, 06:54 PM

As is Robocop. Maybe they have to be red and yellow and/or say funny things :dunno

krec9
04-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Thread is great people complaining about toys as much as I hate it ironman is a top seller for hot toys.

BadMuthaDude
04-17-2013, 06:55 PM

Terminators aren't robot-y enough. Maybe we can compromise and make the endo skeleton parts look like the Iron Man suit. Then we all win!

highlander1
04-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Yep would love more xmen or aliens or others ,but for now my wallet is greatfull i only need so many iron man's .Give us a Young JOHN Conner or chewbacca or Clark Kent with Kato tailoring HOT TOYS .
What figure's do you want next?
HOT toys list.
1. chewbacca
2.han solo
3.Conan / arnold
4.young john conner
5. reese
6. ripley withy nute pack
7.back to the future marty and doc
8. x-men any
9. batman returns catwoman
10. more gi joe's
just my quick list of wants

a-dev
04-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Thread is great people complaining about toys as much as I hate it ironman is a top seller for hot toys.

And Terminator isn't? Pretty sure it is but they're sure stretching that license out like a muthr****er and don't feel the need to pump out every possible figure relentlessly till its done - as they seem to be doing with Iron Man. They must think Iron Man fans have zero attention span, not to mention bottomless pockets

krec9
04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
And Terminator isn't? Pretty sure it is but they're sure stretching that license out like a muthr****er and don't feel the need to pump out every possible figure relentlessly till its done - as they seem to be doing with Iron Man. They must think Iron Man fans have zero attention span.

:goodpost: make a exclusive of tony taking a **** on his helmet and people will buy it .agreed hot toys is stretching it but people still buying the **** .

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:19 PM
they'll give it to Tsang and you will feel sorry for your today's wish :D

:slap:lol he needs to go :Flush bye bye

Rambler
04-17-2013, 07:19 PM
This thread needs more HT "Coming Soon" teaser pics of licenses we are still waiting to see.

a-dev
04-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Might aswell link this thread from the general section.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125935

crows
04-17-2013, 07:25 PM
:goodpost: make a exclusive of tony taking a **** on his helmet and people will buy it .agreed hot toys is stretching it but people still buying the **** .

:lol:lol:lol

VintijDroidGutzz
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Yep. Did you see those caveman drawings of Spider-Man from 500,000 years ago?
:lol

I think there's one in Peru somewhere..

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp1tbbMtTz1r0nexeo1_500.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8370607034_b9fd7f0efa_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8238/8369541437_68526f8ebe_o.jpg
http://img.youtube.com/vi/GJOnJbr6zP8/0.jpg

Voorhees27
04-17-2013, 07:32 PM
We need more Iron Mans.

a-dev
04-17-2013, 07:33 PM
WTF? Are those new pics? Superman holding up the Tumbler looks incredible

highlander1
04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp1tbbMtTz1r0nexeo1_500.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8370607034_b9fd7f0efa_z.jpg
http://img.youtube.com/vi/GJOnJbr6zP8/0.jpg

So much cooler dio's then ironman to save money for. Love that gargoyle dio. ALSO the 1/4 terminator1 T800 would hope they revisit him in 1/6 or sleepy hollow headless horseman would be cool. Let's hope they show up at comic con this year.
I want a few of those gargoyle dio's in every room.

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:38 PM
they have two iron man XLII ONE POWER POSE AND THE OTHER DICAST AND ITS THE SAME SUIT THATS MESSED UP .......OH HT I COULD JUST:horse:computer:banghead

yeah i found the dioramas awhile back they look nice this was up at a convention at Hong Kong i believe

Gipetto0812
04-17-2013, 07:40 PM
As is Robocop. Maybe they have to be red and yellow and/or say funny things :dunno
:lol Robocop even has "robot" in the name... how did I not think of that :slap :lol

Terminators aren't robot-y enough. Maybe we can compromise and make the endo skeleton parts look like the Iron Man suit. Then we all win!
hmmm a red an gold endo could look cool I guess....naaaaah no it can't. Chrome is the only way to go:exactly:

WTF? Are those new pics? Superman holding up the Tumbler looks incredible

no those are old convention pics from summer of 2012 except for Arkham joker from what I can tell. I hate seeing that Cannibal King Jack throne b/c I passed up a good deal for a MIB cannibal Jack b/c of waiting for the HT one :gah:

EDIT: Jack Sparrow pic is from 2011 not 2012.

highlander1
04-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Would love a dio for the upcoming hulk or ironman jk Mike.:lol

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:45 PM
no those are old convention pics from summer of 2012 except for Arkham joker from what I can tell. I hate seeing that Cannibal King Jack throne b/c I passed up a good deal for a MIB cannibal Jack b/c of waiting for the HT one :gah:[/QUOTE]

oh those are from 2012 hmmm i must have misread ....STILL WHERE ARE THEY?
same here i found a few good deals on the ck jack but passed ugh:slap

a-dev
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
From 2012? Strange that I never saw those.

MIKE M
04-17-2013, 07:49 PM
yeah i thought i saw it say 2013

Jayrod88
04-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Those pics can't be 2012 convention pics... Cause I would of **** bricks over the gargoyle diorama. Perfect for a Predator or Batman!

Gipetto0812
04-17-2013, 09:07 PM
oh those are from 2012 hmmm i must have misread ....STILL WHERE ARE THEY?
same here i found a few good deals on the ck jack but passed ugh:slap
:exactly: 'where are they?' indeed.

From 2012? Strange that I never saw those.
well I know the Superman w/ Tumbler (along with others) are dios/scenes made by fans that HT bring with them to conventions. There's a crashed tumbler street scene with a custom DX01 Joker w/ tongue sticking out and a Davy Jones and organ dio that's usually brought to conventions. And the obvious Iron Man customs as well :lol

yeah i thought i saw it say 2013
As far as I know, the only 2013 pic there is the Arkham Joker pic. The gargoyle and ancient ruin I think are by Asia Scale Store not Hot Toys. The Jack Sparrow chair is by HT but I did make a mistake, that pic is from 2011 not 2012

lava206
04-17-2013, 09:46 PM

Marvel and DC are novelty items??? The POTC films have stood the test of time?? Superman has been around since the 30's guy. I'll take fifty more iron men over an Orlando bloom any day and I'm bored of iron man myself!

Jayrod88
04-17-2013, 10:08 PM
I was talking about the Hot Toys being Novelty not the movies/comics... What I was going for was people will only buy so many Iron Man figures before they say **** it. From the looks of it, I'm sure we will see around 20 suits from the movie.

RIDDICK
04-18-2013, 05:04 AM

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb125/WiiMaster705/thisisracist.gif

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-18-2013, 05:10 AM
they need to bank in on the hype of the movies as well. Pretty logical move IMO.

That didn't seem to apply to Avatar or X-Men First Class or Prometheus and arguably those licenses needed immediate movie-hype more than Iron Man does to sell figures. I'm sure theres other examples.

:goodpost: :exactly:

But Iron Man fans can't go too long without an update from HT or their little fanboy heads might explode.

a-dev
04-18-2013, 05:21 AM
I think I borrowed that point from one of your posts somewhere.

RIDDICK
04-18-2013, 05:23 AM
1. Iron man figures are easy to build
2. Iron Man is a very popular and quick selling brand
3. There's some very strict licensing conditions coz of which HT is obliged to do what Marvel (aka Disney) says

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-18-2013, 05:26 AM
@ Mike M

Should've titled the thread.... "Hot Toys Doesn't announce X-Men first Class, Prometheus, Back To The Future, Robocop, Arkham City, Star Wars, POTC or any other overdue figures"

all missing what happened shouldn't we see something? only have seen two predators and luke

http://awesometoyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Hot-toys-robocop.jpg
http://plasticandplush.com/images/2011/05/ht-potc-poster.jpg
http://celluloidpopculturejunkie.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/387591_278867445484924_113785701993100_765452_1521 319449_n1.jpg
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/ht-sw-teaser.jpg
http://www.plastikitty.com/wp-content/uploads/76-1_prometheus-teaser.jpg
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=hot+toys+teaser&start=150&um=1&sa=N&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=570&tbm=isch&tbnid=xNxD4DumJCCZuM:&imgrefurl=http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D121378%26page%3D39&docid=QITEZuZkG0V4wM&itg=1&imgurl=https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/734236_471025382959457_192179119_n.jpg&w=540&h=810&ei=SspuUdTDAsbDygH8iIHAAQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:58,s:100,i:178&iact=rc&dur=738&page=9&tbnh=165&tbnw=110&ndsp=20&tx=45&ty=74

+

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250062_10150193170247344_120145_n.jpg

:wink1: :wave

This would've been great for Spider-Man

ExMem-LarjaThwei
04-18-2013, 07:04 AM
once McFarlane totally went into sport figures i heard.
HT risks same fate :DWho the **** would want to buy lame-*** sports figures? My god.

karamazov80
04-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Who the **** would want to buy lame-*** sports figures? My god.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_rvr_id=469356609081&_from=R40&_nkw=enterbay+jordan&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

The Skull
04-18-2013, 07:15 AM

Sure would have, I would love to have that:thud:

btw is superman picking up the tumbler in the background:horror

a-dev
04-18-2013, 07:19 AM
I'd love to pose my Reeve Superman lifting something. That just looks too cool for words.

MIKE M
04-18-2013, 07:25 AM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_rvr_id=469356609081&_from=R40&_nkw=enterbay+jordan&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

i really dont see anybody buying one , i saw the head had a bid

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-18-2013, 07:46 AM
I'd love to pose my Reeve Superman lifting something. That just looks too cool for words.

I bet people will pose the man of steel lifting heavy stuff.

crows
04-18-2013, 07:47 AM

it is funny how that would work really well with Spiderman, or Batman, or Predator lol.
I could picture each one of them standing on it.

MIKE M
04-18-2013, 07:53 AM

you can....if you believe :lol

Vitus
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM
when is the Iron Woman movie coming out?

Robocop 3 is all the flying I need :)

highlander1
04-18-2013, 05:25 PM
If anyone finds the gargoyle dio base for sale please post a link please ,thanks. If cant find i'm gonna build my own.

a-dev
04-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Another day another Iron Man announcement. They're making The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). Great for Iron Man fans, bit of variety within that franchise at least.

It does beg the question though of why the **** only Iron Man can get every possible character announced right from the off?

Why has Terminator never had Police Shootout T-800 announced? Why has Kyle Reese not been announced?

Why do other license have to wait years for an assurance that TITLE and core characters - surefire sellers at that - will be made? Unless they're just not gonna make them at all for some reason.

Hydeous
04-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Another day another Iron Man announcement. They're making The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). Great for Iron Man fans, bit of variety within that franchise at least.

It does beg the question though of why the **** only Iron Man can get every possible character announced right from the off?

Why has Terminator never had Police Shootout T-800 announced? Why has Kyle Reese not been announced?

Why do other license have to wait years for an assurance that TITLE and core characters - surefire sellers at that - will be made? Unless they're just not gonna make them at all for some reason.

If they are making a new Terminator movie next year, it might get the same treatment.

DArk Knight fans got the same treatment last year.

a-dev
04-25-2013, 05:27 AM
Not the response I was looking for

Respondees are `merely supposed to share in my rage. :wink1:

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Hot Toys just hate all their licenses except their cash cow Iron Man.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Not the response I was looking for

Respondees are `merely supposed to share in my rage. :wink1:
I get ya mate. :1-1: :lol

This incessant HT douchery must end - at once! :gah:

DPrime
04-25-2013, 05:50 AM
I like Iron Man and all, but yeah, this is ridiculous!

But whatever, I don't care. More money saved for me. :)

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 05:55 AM
I like Iron Man and all, but yeah, this is ridiculous!

But whatever, I don't care. More money saved for me. :)

Only bright side I think.

BurningRage
04-25-2013, 06:02 AM
I don't care for Iron Man so I hope they release a new Iron Man figure every week. I'll save money.

a-dev
04-25-2013, 06:11 AM
I just want something new to talk about - even a mere indication that Police Shootout T-800, Kyle Reese and a new endo are in the works or will be in the works. That would do. God knows I can well afford to wait before having to cough up the cash for them. But no, apparently only Iron Man is worth announcing the entire line up front. Everyone else has to be kept in suspense.

Mr Walker
04-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Bring on Robocop!

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 06:33 AM
I just want something new to talk about - even a mere indication that Police Shootout T-800, Kyle Reese and a new endo are in the works or will be in the works. That would do. God knows I can well afford to wait before having to cough up the cash for them. But no, apparently only Iron Man is worth announcing the entire line up front. Everyone else has to be kept in suspense.

T1 Police Shootout would be one of my grails of my collection along with Endo. I'd definitely be for a Kyle Reese from T1 and Techcom.

Bring on Robocop!

Definitely another treasure I want.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-25-2013, 06:41 AM
I'm really hanging for any solid news on multiple licences.

But hey.. what's new. :lol

Firebird
04-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Keep the Iron Man line coming! :mwaha

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:05 AM

Eww

a-dev
04-25-2013, 07:09 AM

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/user5349_pic12050_1277597291.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/user5349_pic12050_1277597291.jpg.html)

Firebird
04-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Eww

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/user5349_pic12050_1277597291.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/user5349_pic12050_1277597291.jpg.html)

:lol :lol :lol

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:14 AM

I heard it in my head when I saw it.

GHET AUT

choopie
04-25-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm OK with it. The more HT puts out that I'm not interested in, the easier it is for me to push them aside and take my business elsewhere. And with the prices seemingly rising with each new release, it's not hard to have a nonchalant attitude about the whole thing.

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm OK with it. The more HT puts out that I'm not interested in, the easier it is for me to push them aside and take my business elsewhere. And with the prices seemingly rising with each new release, it's not hard to have a nonchalant attitude about the whole thing.

You got to take the good with the bad.

Good = saves you money

Bad = better lines get pushed aside

:dunno

jimmie_dimmick
04-25-2013, 07:19 AM
I could honestly care less that HT keeps cranking out the IM stuff, but that being said, just having something else announced and up for PO every 12 IM announcements would be nice.

Wasn't Barney Ross the last one??

BadMuthaDude
04-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Aside from Iron Man being both an established money maker with a new movie to promote (Terminator only has the former), it more than likely has a blanket license to include all characters in the movie where Terminator does not, making it even easier and profitable to strike while the iron (Man) is hot and release more characters. With Terminator, there are negotiated deals with each actor and we don't know the terms of those deals. This is my uneducated guess.

a-dev
04-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Aside from Iron Man being both an established money maker with a new movie to promote (Terminator only has the former), it more than likely has a blanket license to include all characters in the movie where Terminator does not, making it even easier and profitable to strike while the iron (Man) is hot and release more characters. With Terminator, there are negotiated deals with each actor and we don't know the terms of those deals. This is my uneducated guess.

At least in the case of Kyle Reese, yes, thats a good point. That shouldn't present any restriction on announcing further T-800s though - Arnie and/or Endo.

karamazov80
04-25-2013, 07:33 AM
T1 police shootout is just one of the most iconic characters/designs in the history of cinema. More and more I'm coming to accept that HT will never release that figure. On the other hand, we will soon see an announcement, I'm sure, of another 3 or 4 Iron Man armors that appears in the background in one scene for about 3 seconds.

Why did I decide to briefly search through the non-custom sections again?

Invictus Sol
04-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Personally I think a T-800 police shootout and new Endo are inevitable (eventually). Not so sure about Reese, but I'm banking on the other two.

As far as Iron Man goes, I'm not upset but I am fatigued by the non-stop releases. Surely they must be getting close now to having totally saturated the market. It is funny, though. I remember when the PPS line was introduced, 90% were saying 'pass' and now that they've actually announced the PPS Red Snapper, tons of folks seem to be reversing themselves on the line. So maybe we still have a long ways to go before IM fans finally feel content.

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:38 AM
They won't just up and give up on the T1 shootout and never release it. They already had the headsculpt made for the teaser.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b529/italiantony86/t114.jpeg

Apone
04-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Maybe hot toys has to produce figures marvel insists on in the licensing deal? Iron man is coming out, marvel/Disney may have said we want this many figures produced in this many formats?

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Probably were given bags of money from Marvel/Disney.

greygoose
04-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Disney & Marvel run the world. Kiss goodbye to any other licenses over the next few years.

a-dev
04-25-2013, 07:46 AM
T1 police shootout is just one of the most iconic characters/designs in the history of cinema. More and more I'm coming to accept that HT will never release that figure.

I don't go that far, I believe it'll happen eventually just as DX13 happened eventually, however I just don't understand why Iron Man fans get total disclosure that everything they could possibly want is coming while fans of any other license are left wondering...for years. We're not even talking about pegwarmers here but guaranteed sellers. What does HT have to lose by letting us know that they're on the case?

Snake Plissken
You got that right, they just bought the biggest Sci-fi franchise on the planet.

They are just building a money making stable. I bet they got DC on their hit list.

Invictus Sol
They won't just up and give up on the T1 shootout and never release it. They already had the headsculpt made for the teaser.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b529/italiantony86/t114.jpeg
Yeah, I agree. Plus -- maybe this is na´ve -- but it seems to me they're movie fans, too, and T1 PS Termie is as iconic as that character gets.

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I agree. Plus -- maybe this is na´ve -- but it seems to me they're movie fans, too, and T1 PS Termie is as iconic as that character gets.

If it ever gets released, it will undoubtedly be one of the biggest releases the company has ever put out there... if done correctly that is.

It's just been a dead zone of information on it since it was originally teased. I mean, it was teased at the same time as the Endo.

Where is it? :dunno

BurningRage
04-25-2013, 07:49 AM
T1 police shootout is just one of the most iconic characters/designs in the history of cinema. More and more I'm coming to accept that HT will never release that figure. On the other hand, we will soon see an announcement, I'm sure, of another 3 or 4 Iron Man armors that appears in the background in one scene for about 3 seconds.

Why did I decide to briefly search through the non-custom sections again?

a-dev
04-25-2013, 07:51 AM
I've been talking about a 1:6 scale version of Police Shootout, thats the 1:4 scale one. But yeah, when will we see something new on that.

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:52 AM
I kinda think if they debut it as a 1/4, they won't work backwards. Wasn't DX12 shown and then the 1/4 version?

BadMuthaDude
04-25-2013, 07:54 AM
At least in the case of Kyle Reese, yes, thats a good point. That shouldn't present any restriction on announcing further T-800s though - Arnie and/or Endo.

It could though, since we don't know the terms of the deal with Arnold. For all we know, they could have reached a point where renegotiations are required. It's even possible that a new figure was ready but rejected for whatever reason, bringing them back to the drawing board. For endos, I can't imagine there being near as many potential hurdles.

RIDDICK
04-25-2013, 07:56 AM
I kinda think if they debut it as a 1/4, they won't work backwards. Wasn't DX12 shown and then the 1/4 version?Oh come on!
QS001 was announced after QS002, second one was released already and we don't know **** about the first one.
There's no logic in their behavior at all.

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Oh come on! QS001 was announced after QS002, second one was released already and we don't know **** about the first one. There's no logic in their behavior at all.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

Hot Toys has a azz backwards business policy.

a-dev
04-25-2013, 08:02 AM
I kinda think if they debut it as a 1/4, they won't work backwards. Wasn't DX12 shown and then the 1/4 version?

I don't think anyone need see it as working 'backwards' to make a 1:6 after a 1:4. There are those who simply will not buy a 1:4 scale figure but would buy the hell out of a 1:6. I also think even HT would regard it as a shame not to complete the 1:6 line with all the major versions of the T-800.

It could though, since we don't know the terms of the deal with Arnold. For all we know, they could have reached a point where renegotiations are required. It's even possible that a new figure was ready but rejected for whatever reason, bringing them back to the drawing board. For endos, I can't imagine there being near as many potential hurdles.

I dunno man, NECA seemed to have no problem making every version of Arnold, I can't think of a reason HT would be barred from doing so.

karamazov80
04-25-2013, 08:02 AM
The two bits of evidence that make me think this might still happen is: 1) the 1/4 scale figure they teased. . .once. . .apparently using the head from another figure. . .a year ago; and 2) this was Hot Toys 2nd figure under the MMS banner, supporting what your are saying to some extent:

http://i.imgur.com/saG4I7Q.jpg

Not only are HT movie fans, but from the beginning they were big Terminator (1) fans.

choopie
04-25-2013, 08:04 AM
What HT is doing doesn't surprise me in the least. How many times have we seen companies announce licenses then delay products, discontinue lines, reveal new items that never get released, give preferential treatment to some licenses while others are ignored?

I don't know how many times I've been disappointed over the years being teased a product that I want that never got made, or having to wait patiently for something to be released that I'm interested in just so a company can get a character or license out of their system.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-25-2013, 08:05 AM

It's F-ed up alright. From almost any other license HT are more likely to make one main character thats like fourth on peoples want list and then the character that the least amount of people want and call it a day but with iron man they not only plan on doing everyone but they actually keep people constantly informed so they don't have to even wonder :gah: :mad:

That is exactly how i approach it now.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
http://collectionofawesome.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/tumblr_lxqx1m3lky1qj26eao1_400.gif?w=562

:D

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Need more predator please..

VintijDroidGutzz
04-25-2013, 08:08 AM

http://collectionofawesome.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/tumblr_lxqx1m3lky1qj26eao1_400.gif?w=562

..& again. :lecture

a-dev
04-25-2013, 08:10 AM
..& again.

RE: GIF

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

karamazov80
04-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Need more predator please..

http://i.imgur.com/28UpBaM.gif

Predator lines have got to be the 3rd favorite of HT after Iron Man/Marvel and Nolan Batman.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-25-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm surprised there isn't 'are you sick of iron man yet?' poll thread :lol

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 08:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/28UpBaM.gif

Predator lines have got to be the 3rd favorite of HT after Iron Man/Marvel and Nolan Batman.

So?

It's mean no chance for HT to make his glory again like 3 years ago where predator line become the best line ever?

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 08:15 AM

Soon or later it will be :impatient:

BadMuthaDude
04-25-2013, 08:20 AM
I dunno man, NECA seemed to have no problem making every version of Arnold, I can't think of a reason HT would be barred from doing so.

I'm not saying they are barred, but there could be many reasons why NECA made so many Terminators while HT hasn't. Time would be one reason. Look at the time frame Neca released all those figures vs HT. imagine if they both held a Arnold Terminator license for the same amount of time. Neca goes 'bam' every possible variant released, license expires, no need to renew. HT makes a couple, license expires, time to renegotiate.

The point is there could be things behind the scenes holding it up, but I bet it went more like this:

Sculptor: Boss, our Terminator proto is done! All we need to do is photograph it and send it to production!
Boss: What the hell are you doing?! Don't you know Iron Man 3 is coming? Get sculpting! *throws the Terminator proto in the garbage

a-dev
04-25-2013, 08:24 AM

We're waiting for you to do one :wink1:

I thought you came close with your recent one asking how many of the new Iron Mans people were planning to buy. I think you were putting feelers out for people to say 'NONE OF THEM. I'M SICK OF DIS $H!T. **** YOU JoBu, I DO IT MYSELF IN DE CUSTOMS SECTION!'

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm not saying they are barred, but there could be many reasons why NECA made so many Terminators while HT hasn't. Time would be one reason. Look at the time frame Neca released all those figures vs HT. imagine if they both held a Arnold Terminator license for the same amount of time. Neca goes 'bam' every possible variant released, license expires, no need to renew. HT makes a couple, license expires, time to renegotiate.

The point is there could be things behind the scenes holding it up, but I bet it went more like this:

Sculptor: Boss, our Terminator proto is done! All we need to do is photograph it and send it to production!
Boss: What the hell are you doing?! Don't you know Iron Man 3 is coming? Get sculpting! *throws the Terminator proto in the garbage

It's all about hype isn't ?

Remember last year when TDKR - Batman released?
Every toys company launched their batman/bane/tumbler/cat woman/batpod/etc..

Now it happening on ironman

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 08:29 AM

I thought you came close with your recent one asking how many of the new Iron Mans people were planning to buy. I think you were putting feelers out for people to say 'NONE OF THEM. I'M SICK OF DIS $H!T. **** YOU JoBu, I DO IT MYSELF IN DE CUSTOMS SECTION!'

Hahahaha,
I've got your point brother :hi5:

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-25-2013, 08:30 AM

Nah, i don't want that kindof heat.

Just wanted to see how many people are willing to spend $230+ on multiple figures with less than a few minutes screentime

karamazov80
04-25-2013, 08:33 AM
I'M SICK OF DIS $H!T. **** YOU JoBu, I DO IT MYSELF IN DE CUSTOMS SECTION!
Word, looks like we've got another convert! :hi5:

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 08:35 AM

Need more ironman please.. :nana:

a-dev
04-25-2013, 08:49 AM

Maybe, but of course that touches on the point I've been making wwwhhhyyyyyy must everything but Iron Man be drawn out over such a long period. The Terminator lines could have been over and done in 2010 or 11 if they were done at the pace Iron Man is getting. Instead they either leave it so long that the license expires or they leave it so long that the older figures are already outdated (as was the case with MMS117 IMO)

Nah, I've already had a custom Police Shootout T-800 and sold it. And as I posted in the MMS136 thread today I'm kinda sick of seeing all the kitbashes - I want a real one dammit! But all I require for the time being is an announcement to break up the Iron Man monotony/monopoly.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-25-2013, 08:55 AM
I can't believe the awesome doggy GIF has been buried by minutia.. :monkey2

a-dev
04-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I can't believe the awesome doggy GIF has been buried by minutia.. :monkey2

Buried but not forgotten. I LOLed.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
:yess:

Oh - & the next one who says 'more Iron Man' gets one of these:

http://img.pandawhale.com/30191-Dubstep-Lightning-Cat-gif-ysre.gif

:lecture

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 09:01 AM

Wow whiplast when kids

Careful HT might see this and they will make figures on it :lol

mr flibble
04-25-2013, 09:10 AM

I would love to do this to the guy I work with!

karamazov80
04-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Nah, I've already had a custom Police Shootout T-800 and sold it. And as I posted in the MMS136 thread today I'm kinda sick of seeing all the kitbashes - I want a real one dammit! But all I require for the time being is an announcement to break up the Iron Man monotony/monopoly.
I don't care too much for all those T1 kitbashes because the clothes aren't tailored as nicely as they could be, and the head mods are, for the most part, obvious kit-bashes and don't look legit. But there is so much more to the custom world. Join us, a-dev. You won't regret it. . .or will you?? Hahahahaha!!

http://youtu.be/WaIJKM0sjdo

RIDDICK
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Evil Dead II owns. Everything.

Snake Plissken
04-25-2013, 09:29 AM

Shame HT will never ever do a horror license.

karamazov80
04-25-2013, 09:31 AM
This is true. . .by the way, if some may not have seen it, Iminime is supposedly working on a licensed Evil Dead figure (confirmed by Denny Kim on the boards). Not sure if it is the first or second film, but I'm excited about it. He's also doing a Charlie Chaplin with ZCWO. So there are companies out there, even doing licensed work, that doesn't only target Iron Man collectors.

spindrift
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM

wild giff- thought it was real for one minute....:lol

Iron Man? HT may rethink this if IM3 loses it's luster after the audiences see it- mixed reviews are coming in now

a-dev
04-25-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't care too much for all those T1 kitbashes because the clothes aren't tailored as nicely as they could be, and the head mods are, for the most part, obvious kit-bashes and don't look legit. But there is so much more to the custom world. Join us, a-dev. You won't regret it. . .or will you?? Hahahahaha!!

http://youtu.be/WaIJKM0sjdo

It isss..too late..for me, Kara. :vader

I'm deliberately limiting myself to pretty much just Terminator now anyway.

I do have some Terminator customs (that aren't merely kitbashes) like a T-800 endoskeleton from Terminator 4 with charred and melting flesh on it, a legless T-600, a chromed T2 T-800 and my BD T2 T-800 all by CREGcustoms. Another chromed endoskeleton by r5150 and he did all sorts of other mods to that including the increased shoulder articulation that the new 1:4 version has. I've got a cool SilentSurfer painted and modded Cameron (Sarah Connor Chronicles) headsculpt originally by Trevor Grove that I have yet to impliment on a complete figure. I think thats it. Everything else that isn't a stock figure is kitbashes

MagnumOpus
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I really wonder why a company like Hot Toys don't do horror figures!?
Ohh I forget about Iron Man movies:)

darkmoon2112
04-25-2013, 11:15 AM
I really wonder why a company like Hot Toys don't do horror figures!?
Ohh I forget about Iron Man movies:)

I believe it's commedy movie bro:exactly:

shadowfla
04-25-2013, 02:01 PM
More Iron Man, please.

are you joking kara? :horror:horror again iron man...?

a-dev
04-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Don't worry, he's joking. Although theres some things that you just shouldn't joke about and thats one.

Rambler
04-25-2013, 07:10 PM
All you have to do is look at this picture to see how much HT loves Iron Man....

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m182/da_rambler20/IronMan_zpsebd749a0.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/da_rambler20/media/IronMan_zpsebd749a0.jpg.html)

a-dev
04-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Its an incredible line if you're into it. I just wish HT wouldn't focus on it to the detriment and constant pushing back of other lines. By all means keep making them but spread them out and have a bit of balance FFS. Every other license has to wait years for anything close to completion.

MIKE M
04-25-2013, 07:30 PM
yea iron man is the best but its all coming fast they just showed the preview of iron man's nemesis in the 3rd movie and just put up xxxv
the **** !!!!
where is a new avp pred ?
any new avatar figures coming or is it going to just be jake ?
Prometheus?

where the **** is the ck jack sparrow and throne 2 years ago it was announced , i guess ill have to give up that since they are not doing $H!% with other licenses

steven.giunta
04-25-2013, 07:38 PM
All this talk about not getting terminator figures isn't correct,didn't they just anounce a dx13 bd t2 arnold,and a while back,a 1 4 scale t1 arnold,and a 1 6 scale endo and didn't we just get the 1 4 scale endo and the dx10?that's 5 figures in a couple years.they have to space them out,how many can they do?they have done just about every look and most characters in the terminator franchise.is it hot toys fault you can only do clean and bd versions of arnold and that's it.maybe you can do 2 different bd versions but that's still only 3,most liscenses have stipulations in obtaining the liscense.like hot toys must put out a new figure every 18 months or they loose the liscense,if they come out with every version now then they might loose the liscense.bottom line is I'm sure they make more money from the iron man and will continue to milk it until they don't.

BadMuthaDude
04-25-2013, 07:46 PM
All you have to do is look at this picture to see how much HT loves Iron Man....

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m182/da_rambler20/IronMan_zpsebd749a0.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/da_rambler20/media/IronMan_zpsebd749a0.jpg.html)

Needs more Iron Man.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-25-2013, 07:47 PM

..& you could do up a similar pic for their Batman / Predator lines as well. :huh :lol

When the cow's ripe for milking.. :lecture

a-dev
04-25-2013, 07:51 PM
All this talk about not getting terminator figures isn't correct,didn't they just anounce a dx13 bd t2 arnold,and a while back,a 1 4 scale t1 arnold,and a 1 6 scale endo and didn't we just get the 1 4 scale endo and the dx10?that's 5 figures in a couple years.they have to space them out,how many can they do?they have done just about every look and most characters in the terminator franchise.is it hot toys fault you can only do clean and bd versions of arnold and that's it.maybe you can do 2 different bd versions but that's still only 3,most liscenses have stipulations in obtaining the liscense.like hot toys must put out a new figure every 18 months or they loose the liscense,if they come out with every version now then they might loose the liscense.bottom line is I'm sure they make more money from the iron man and will continue to milk it until they don't.

The annoying thing on the Terminator front is that we are so close to the end. Theres but 2 or 3 more figures to make and many would call it complete, done, finished. Yeah I would love John Connor, T1 Sarah and even any remakes if they felt to inclined but I can accept that those are unlikely to happen at all.

However I'm not just talking about Terminator anyway, sure I used it as an example because I would, its my core interest. But even Batman has been shunted down the line by Iron Man. There was supposed to have been something seen of Batman Returns in December if I'm correct. And other lines like Prometheus, X-men First Class and Avatar really could have done with cinema-release or at least blu-ray release hype to help the figures sell but HT delayed and is delaying them to the point where they will now likely underperform if they come out at all. Avengers and Iron Man, like Terminator, will sell whenever - they're huge franchises now.

DiFabio
04-25-2013, 08:10 PM
The annoying thing on the Terminator front is that we are so close to the end. Theres but 2 or 3 more figures to make and many would call it complete, done, finished.

Well, that's probably why they're spacing them out and taking their good old time when you think about it. There's not much more for them to do.

a-dev
04-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah. Anyway ranting over. Kinda gotten sick of my own posts today.

TheFiend
04-25-2013, 09:13 PM
After the Returns figures and the BD T800 I don't see much else that I think HT would do that I'd be interested in anyway.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

CaptnRex
04-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Why wouldn't they keep doing Iron Man figures? The suit designs are cool and that translates into awesome figures and they sell well.

There's other lines I'd like to see done other than Iron Man as well but it is what it is.

averagejo
04-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Thats okay, because it gives me more time to catch up on all my flexpays before they get back to "other" figures I may need! :lol

kam veitch
04-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Its their bussiness and they can do what they want but as long as they continue with their star license they are not getting my cash or other peoples. They must know they are getting more money from Iron Man than by doing other licenses or maybe they are wrong.

Firebird
04-26-2013, 12:53 AM

..& again. :lecture

:rotfl :yess:

Kiva
04-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Its their bussiness and they can do what they want
To be very clinical yes. But they have also started other lines where they put out a figure or two and name the others that come in the line, people will spend $400 and then find out the line has been cancelled. So you are sat with an incomplete line that was promised. meanwhile there is 30 new Iron Men

RyanSD
04-26-2013, 02:45 AM
I'm not too concerned about it. Hot Toys always seems to be in a 'phase' where they concentrate on one hot license and produce as much as they can. TDK and Predator were getting a ton of releases before the Iron Man phase. They'll be no Iron Man or Avengers movie next year, so 2014-2015 should be full of non-Iron Man figures.

darkmoon2112
04-26-2013, 03:19 AM
I'm not too concerned about it. Hot Toys always seems to be in a 'phase' where they concentrate on one hot license and produce as much as they can. TDK and Predator were getting a ton of releases before the Iron Man phase. They'll be no Iron Man or Avengers movie next year, so 2014-2015 should be full of non-Iron Man figures.

HT and others toys company will follow trend from hollywood movies,
So no wonder if 2014-2015 release the AVP3,
Predator will on the show again

Mr Walker
04-26-2013, 03:27 AM
Might get a bit of hate here, but I'd love to see a Hector Barbossa. Do it right, could be a worthy DX too.

Rambler
04-26-2013, 05:34 AM
Might get a bit of hate here, but I'd love to see a Hector Barbossa. Do it right, could be a worthy DX too.

That would be okay.

I get HT putting out figures that are popular right now, such as Iron Man this year or Batman in years past. But what really pisses me off is when they announce a line and you don't hear anything for years.

What's the point? :dunno

holtrax
04-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Thought HT were supposed to be tackling robocop in 2012 including the robocain figure

Snake Plissken
04-26-2013, 06:12 AM

It should of been done years ago, I can't believe it hasn't already been done.

We need a new Davy Jones.

BadMuthaDude
04-26-2013, 09:34 AM
http://youtu.be/JmH9ahaTt7k

STEN475
04-29-2013, 02:20 AM
So I just watched Iron Man 3 here in Korea, and they get to like MK46 in that movie. And they show every model from 2-46 at some point in the film.

Hot toys is going to be busy as ***** for at least the next 18 months. So look forward to making that collection complete.

Don't forget to sell your house.

Darkmatter
04-29-2013, 02:34 AM
i just saw now that 3 more iron man figures are coming out for HT:mad:DO THEY EVEN CARE FOR ANY OTHER LICENSES ?

i mean iron man is cool and all, i wouldn't mind collecting a couple myself but this is to much i've been waiting for a new predator ,and they announced a jack sparrow cannibal king and throne i think it was like two years ago where is that at ? Come on HT give us a few different things not just iron man and give the iron man collectors a chance to catch up on some orders :monkey4:mad:

i see so many people comment on the dates and characters released and also how HT and SS has raised prices and most responses are people stating that 'HT/SS has a business to run'. they don't like the release schedule and new price points but most are willing to stick it out and pay the price when released.

yet it seems absolutely no one realizes that HT is putting out a slew of IM figures because they are the hottest selling character from the hottest movie, grossing more than the avengers with 195 million over the first weekend.

well peeps, 'HT has a business to run'. :rotfl

look at it this way...a delay helps your wallet.

Mr Walker
04-29-2013, 03:00 AM
So I just watched Iron Man 3 here in Korea, and they get to like MK46 in that movie. And they show every model from 2-46 at some point in the film.

Hm. I'm not in Korea, but you must have seen a very different movie than me, because Mk 42 was the newest, and I could have stood to see a little more of the other Marks.

STEN475
04-29-2013, 04:25 AM
I dont think being off by 4 makes it a VERY different movie - not when there are 42.

a-dev
04-29-2013, 05:15 AM
There is hope. Given lack of screentime most of these armours may not sell as well as HT is banking on. The only people who'll buy all of them are rich Iron Man obsessives. Everyone else is going to be very picky, HT are asking a lot of money for things that were seen only fleetingly in the film.

I'm hoping HT realises this and at least adjusts their strategy - releasing them over a course of years as Con-exclusives like they used to do with Lost Predators.

Mr Walker
04-30-2013, 03:06 AM
There is hope.

I'm gonna bet you're right, and I'm gonna bet that HT knew nothing about the film when they announced 15 new IMs.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-30-2013, 05:46 AM
^ :lol

Iron Man's here to stay folks.

I think we better deal with it. :gah: :monkey2

Snake Plissken
04-30-2013, 06:07 AM
There is hope. Given lack of screentime most of these armours may not sell as well as HT is banking on. The only people who'll buy all of them are rich Iron Man obsessives. Everyone else is going to be very picky, HT are asking a lot of money for things that were seen only fleetingly in the film.

I'm hoping HT realises this and at least adjusts their strategy - releasing them over a course of years as Con-exclusives like they used to do with Lost Predators.

They said in the Red Snapper thread that it's in the film for no more than 30 seconds... yet it merits R&D and distribution? Ughh.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-30-2013, 06:39 AM
Sounds like Iron Bull$h!t to me. :D

darkmoon2112
04-30-2013, 06:46 AM
Hahahaha
That's a good one :lol

darkchylde80
04-30-2013, 10:31 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/936254_10151445235858380_79218036_n.jpg

Elder_Predator2
04-30-2013, 10:33 AM
:lol That's spot on!

darkmoon2112
04-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Saw that logo on FB OSR
It's damn true :lol

crows
04-30-2013, 10:40 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/936254_10151445235858380_79218036_n.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcw4ov7sIU1rrzoiu.gif

darkchylde80
04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Saw that logo on FB OSR
It's damn true :lol

Thought it suited this thread perfectly ;)

Project_A
04-30-2013, 10:43 AM

http://www.gifday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kcmp2f.gif

Papasmoak
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcw4ov7sIU1rrzoiu.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fwhToi7gk7s/S9O_27AEbvI/AAAAAAAAALc/KGB6LLDNyx8/s1600/fraserclap.gif

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Dave should change the "Marvel Figures Section" to "The Iron Man Figures Section with some others pushed off the first page" :D

darkmoon2112
04-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Thought it suited this thread perfectly ;)

100% correct !

:clap

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-30-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/1761398.jpg

:lol :lol

Elder_Predator2
04-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Wow, way to spoil it...

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Sorry, since it's all over the toy threads i figured people knew.

Darkmatter
04-30-2013, 08:02 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u140/kodiakent/total-recall-schwarzenegger-yelling.jpg

crows
04-30-2013, 10:39 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/1761398.jpg

:lol :lol

RIDDICK
05-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Fellas cmon chill!

http://i.imgur.com/rV8TxgC.gif

crows
05-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Fellas cmon chill!