this is ridiculous already! HOT TOYS NOT GIVING US FIGURES FROM OTHER LICENSES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKE M

Super Freak
Reaction score
i just saw now that 3 more iron man figures are coming out for HT:mad:DO THEY EVEN CARE FOR ANY OTHER LICENSES ?

i mean iron man is cool and all, i wouldn't mind collecting a couple myself but this is to much i've been waiting for a new predator ,and they announced a jack sparrow cannibal king and throne i think it was like two years ago where is that at ? Come on HT give us a few different things not just iron man and give the iron man collectors a chance to catch up on some orders :monkey4:mad:

Last edited:
Re: this is ridiculous already

U-MAD-BRO-Arnold.jpg

I had a similar reaction this morning when I saw the announcement... but remember, sales of stuff like that hopefully fund projects with less popularity like Predator, ALIEN, etc...

Heh, I did chuckle at the message. Not because of Iron Man but it was mash the keyboard and send.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJGrIyt-X8[/ame]

it irritates me that they are just popping out iron man figures like nothing, and this time they just announced 3 more .
they have a new one each week and i dont just want more predator figures where is the other figures they announced ?

its just a little fast

In fairness it took a long time for all those predators to come out. The Iron Man movies have only existed since 2008 and the figures have been non-stop ever since.

It annoys me aswell. Mind you, at the moment its not like I can really afford to have every HT release be a must-buy Terminator figure - nevertheless I wouldn't object to seeing other licenses get some love whether they are buys for me or not.

They are a business first and foremost. I'm pretty sure their license is expensive (to keep enterbay, medicom, play imaginative etc out of the 1/6 license) and they need to bank in on the hype of the movies as well. Pretty logical move IMO.

and they need to bank in on the hype of the movies as well. Pretty logical move IMO.

That didn't seem to apply to Avatar or X-Men First Class or Prometheus and arguably those licenses needed immediate movie-hype more than Iron Man does to sell figures. I'm sure theres other examples.

Planet of The Apes
Mars Attacks
Edward Scissorhands
The Godfather
Robocop
MJ Thriller
..etc

The golden age of HT licensing. Those days are gone i fear.

Not only are HT releasing a multitude of new Iron man releases, they are laying out a sales plan that
will allow them to release at least three versions of each at some point. 1: MMS, 2: Die-cast and 3:powerpose, how
many is that? Mind boggling. It's like Pokemon.

No problem with this, if it didn't impact on their other releases, it does seem to be doing so, quite badly in fact.

At one point there were NO Marvel figures from HT and they were much wanted, but boy has it swung completely the other way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back