Premium Format Sideshow's Hammer Horror - Dracula/Van Helsing - not for sale - just for fun!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ss:new dracula pf!!!

It's a one off made strictly for Monsterpalooza at this point. It really needs to be made available for purchase. Check it:

AD5EEBB1-7424-46AF-98D5-56915A869420-15562-0000078A11D4D390_zps6b3279d6.jpg

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126192

Since they lost the Universal Monsters license, how about a Hammer license? :naughty

Seems like a lot of work just for a one off. If Sideshow did produce this it'd be nice if they did something like they did in the old days and made a low ES.

.....with interchangeable heads as the ex. This for the variant head. I also feel arms should be raised a bit. Too much like the Dooku figure as is. As for it being a lot of work just for a one off....they've done that before. remember the Lone Ranger from 2007? Never released. Only a one off custom.

imgpress

Annex%20-%20Lee,%20Christopher%20(Horror%20of%20Dracula)_01.jpg

080807_lonerange05.jpg

Last edited:

Lol for years. Uni has distributed all the DVDs from hammer also.

If thats the logic, then I have to correct you. Universal doesnt OWN Hammer. Hammer isnt owned by Universal Studios or any American movie production company. They are their own entity.

Some Hammer films were distributed by Universal International such as Curse of the Werewolf, Lom's Phantom, Brides of Dracula, etc. That's why those films were included in a set. Because Uni distributed them stateside. So they have rights in that regard....but thats it.

But Warner Bros. released just as many Hammer films as Universal. They dont own Hammer either. They were all just US distributors for Foreign Market films.

If Universal had bought Hammer and owned them for years---it would be pretty big news in Horror land. I certainly would have heard about it. Universal doesnt distribute dvds of all of Hammer's product. Just they product they released statesdie in its original release. Warner Bros. home video still releases Curse of Frankenstein, Horror of Dracula, The Mummy, and a boatload of others.

Distribution doesnt equate to ownership.

If Universal, or Warner, or anyone had bought Hammer lock stock and barrel----we would have merchandising like crazy. But we dont. part of the reason for this is because its too hard to sort out who owns rights to which pictures and whats ok to release without cheking with multiple parties. Its a mess.:peace

He has already been made. Here's mine

AAPIC 007 by madeboxer, on Flickr

This is the melon head Product Enterprises 12 inch 1/6 figure. the figure on display at Monsterpalooza is a Premium Format figure.

INK---what's old? I am assuming you are referring to the action figure. The pf cannot be that old, or there would've been some chatter about it before this year's 'palooza.....at least I would hope so. if not, then--yeah, this is never getting produced,lol.:lol

I was at Monsterpalooza last night and this piece was again on display. I asked if there were any release plans and got a very kind "no" in response. I guess licensing with Hammer is tough.

But there was also a Van Helsing there last night... first time on display. (Sorry for the junky iPhone snaps)

IMG_2002_zpsa883a023.jpg

IMG_1999_zpsf655258b.jpg

IMG_2003_zpsaed2b1ac.jpg

IMG_2006_zpsa8f5e837.jpg

IMG_2005_zps64d31c7b.jpg

IMG_2004_zps4776cf77.jpg

What a shame!!

Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing in their finest roles and it's not going to be produced.

Hammer fans:thwakSideshow

These were at last years Monsterpalooza as well and someone made a thread then too. When it was brought up last year it was said that Sideshow had made these as sample products when the were trying to get the Hammer license but nothing came of it so now they are just display pieces. I'm sure someone can dig up the old threads too

EDIT: nevermind just realized the threads had been merged

Back