Iron Man casting.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man. that is a surprise. Well, look at it this way, Robert doesn't need any acting coach on how to be a drunk :monkey3

I think Downey could play a wonderful Ironman. Definitely not someone I would have thought to fill the role, but I think he is a great choice.

Sorry, when I think Tony Stark I dont think Robert Downey.
Thats horrible casting.
Id pick a million actors over that screw up.

How about another famous Tony instead?
I hear he's looking for work, you can get him cheap.
All the money you save on him they can put to CGI.
Just give him a goatee and a glass of scotch and he's ready for blast off.

Last edited:
I don't know what to think..........

I was a little shocked when I read that, cause I never thought of him to play that role..........

Without being negative, let's hope this isn't another Ben Affleck move........

We all know he can play the "dependent" playboy pretty well................maybe that is why he went through all that a couple of years ago...........maybe not alcohol, but still it was substance abuse.........he was studying to be Tony Stark..........

I was surprised by this as well. He was not even on my list of 100 actors that could play this role, but he might be able to pull it off.
I will save my judgement for the movie.

He's a great actor, but I would have thought they'd go younger. He doesn't scream Tony Stark to me, but I'm willing to give Favreau some slack.

Mithrandier said:
Without being negative, let's hope this isn't another Ben Affleck move........
If you're referring to Daredevil, I thought he was very good in that role.

As for IM, I'm not sure how to feel. Downey's a great actor, but he's definitely not the first person that pops into my head when I think of Tony Stark. Then again, I never would've pictured Michael Keaton as Batman before he got that role, and he was great in it.

TheObsoleteMan said:
If you're referring to Daredevil, I thought he was very good in that role.

As for IM, I'm not sure how to feel. Downey's a great actor, but he's definitely not the first person that pops into my head when I think of Tony Stark. Then again, I never would've pictured Michael Keaton as Batman before he got that role, and he was great in it.

I agree with Affleck a little.................he did do some good with the role.........but at the time he was one of the first well known actors doing a comic book character................which threw DD into the spotlight quite a bit. But the overall view of the movie was a failure.

I am not doubting the acting ability of RD Jr. at all. But he is a well-known, well circulated actor.

With Keaton, they had to reinvent the entire line after many blunders and flops. Bale was a good sucessor.

Wow never would of even thought of RDJ as Ironman but I actually think he can pull it off.

tomandshell said:
I predict that this will be his biggest hit since U.S. Marshals.

You go for years without thinking of that movie, then BAM! someone posts about it and now it's all streaming back.

wookilar8 said:
Robert Downey, Jr.!

That's really out of left field, but could be interesting.

Check it out here.

I am so relieved it isn't in-the-closet boy.

I have mixed feelings about it. I think RDJ's a bit too old for Stark, but I guess I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now.

I mean, look at Sideshow's version.

1st pics from set
IronManSet.jpg

IronManSetKissing.jpg

Back