Hot Toys ED 209 Disassembly Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jroug

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of these that I assembled years ago & put on a shelf (luckily, none of the dome rot I've heard others have suffered). Now i want to get rid of it to make room for other stuff, so am wondering if anyone has taken it apart - I'd like to return it to the original box for ease of shipping, protection, etc. Any help, experiences would be appreciated!

It's risky especially if it's been out together so long ago. I would just ship him out assembled to prevent a major regret. If you really wanna try your luck then maybe the blow dryer trick may work like it did on smaller HT figures. Use the blow dryer to head up the joints for easier removal. Again I'm not too sure if that would even work due to the plastic joints. I would still just go with option one, by shipping him assembled. That or just keep it. It's still an amazing piece. :)

It's a ***** to take the legs off once it's assembled. I'd agree with Endless sell it whole.

I did it and had no problems... however I was still very careful. Just apply even pressure as you pull the legs apart; be sure now to hold onto any pieces that can break and pull straight back.

I sold mine about 2 months ago and pulled it back apart w/o any issues.

I did it and had no problems... however I was still very careful. Just apply even pressure as you pull the legs apart; be sure now to hold onto any pieces that can break and pull straight back.

I sold mine about 2 months ago and pulled it back apart w/o any issues.

It sold for you? I remember your thread. Did you manage to sell it here or on ebay? Moreover did you get the price you were asking?

I ask because I've also had in mind to sell mine.

I'm seriously debating it but then I modded it a little adding some wires around the feet so it'd hit its value - plus mine is perfect...
Suppose it depends how this latest version looks?

Everyone selling theirs in anticipation of the new one?

That was my initial intention. I have kinda given thought to just making do with the upcoming NECA one and leaving Robocop to just that smaller scale, allowing me to totally focus on Terminator at high-end.

Easier said than done of course, I'll probably get myself caught up in the hype when HT officially reveal their new Robocop line.

I think the NECA version would be adequate, but not sufficient enough to quell 1/6 hunger. I will most likely purchase the NECA version. Lack of funds being my only justification.

It sold for you? I remember your thread. Did you manage to sell it here or on ebay? Moreover did you get the price you were asking?

I ask because I've also had in mind to sell mine.

Yeah, I ended up going to eBay and sold him for $560... very happy with the result, especially as I had a bit of cracking to the dome.

Damn it! I wish I had seen that video last week when I was applying Anthrapoid's film accurate decal set. That would have made putting those suckers on a lot easier!

Back