Why Roy? What's your perspective?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I have noticed a real clamouring lately for Sideshow to produce a Roy "fake" Jason figure. I watched a couple of the F13 movies this past weekend, including part 5. The last time I had seen it was way back in my youth. I loved all the Friday the 13th movies... but some of them haven't held up well. And, part 5 is one of these movies. Now, don't get me wrong.. its not "Goes to Hell" atrocious. But it just doesn't feel as "fun" as the other Friday the 13th films. And the Roy ending was the cheapest cop-out ever. I realize they were trying to stick to their promise of 4 being the Final Chapter, at least in terms of the Voorhees family. But, the fact that there was no character development for Roy.. and the fact that he suddenly had Jason's strength and speed.. well, it just felt like a cheat.

But enough of my opinion. I am curious why a lot of you want a figure of him made. He is not Jason, I think we can all agree with that. So why add him to the line.. outside of sheer completist syndrome? Am I missing something with the character?

P.S. In my opinion, I would rather have Part 8 with some cool accessories. While the ending was crap, part 8 had some fun kills and a few geniune laughs.. not Freddy grade humor, but dark humor none the less.

Because he is a killer in the F13 series.

Also he never showed to have Jason type strength. I think he was hit by the tractor, but that just threw him back, he didn't have any kill him and come back Jason mini deaths. And he was never shown mastering the "Jason Voorhees Teleportation" skill either.

Why not BOTH Roy and a Part 8 Jason?

Plus, I love the uniqueness of the blue decored mask and the fact that, while not Jason, Roy made a pretty good "Jason".

Both must be made, as well as a Young Jason figure before I feel this line is complete.

IrishJedi said:
Why not BOTH Roy and a Part 8 Jason?

Plus, I love the uniqueness of the blue decored mask and the fact that, while not Jason, Roy made a pretty good "Jason".

Both must be made, as well as a Young Jason figure before I feel this line is complete.

I agree as well... while his character was not developed well enough. He still was a killer in the films and deserves to be a part of this line. And the mask was different, so he will stand out amongst the "real deal". :lol

And I also agree that this line will not be complete until we have Part 8 and young Jason to round this out. Once that is finished... we'll just have to wait until they make another movie.

I thought part 5 was by far the worst of the series. But if I was collecting the 12" jasons then I would want one. But not until they realeased all the REAL Jasons first.

It wont be to long of a wait there is supposed to be a new movie next year. I really need to get the rest of the Jason figures soon. Only one I have so far is FVJ.

Friday the 13th part 5 was a classic...Roy was Ultra- violent in his kills..+ a lot of great gratuitous sex scenes... Also,it was the first Friday the 13th I saw as a youth...

Evilface said:
Because he is a killer in the F13 series.

Also he never showed to have Jason type strength. I think he was hit by the tractor, but that just threw him back, he didn't have any kill him and come back Jason mini deaths. And he was never shown mastering the "Jason Voorhees Teleportation" skill either.
I agree. Roy never displayed that awesomeness or unkillableness of Jason. But he WAS a part of the series and very much deserves a figure made. Plus the half head rubber mask Roy wore under the hockey mask would make for a cool 12" figure. Also the blue hockey mask is unique to Roy.

Bottom line, he is not Jason but was part of the series so it would make no sence not to produce a figure of him. I would also love to have a prt 8 too.

Motorbike Decapitation! Belt Crushing Head! Spikes through the Portaloo!

Roy was the MAN!

Plus I love the blue mask and it was the first Friday that I ever saw on it's inital VHS release!

I stoped reading after he knocked the very awesome Jason goes to hell, After I read that I figured he had no good points.

I just want a full set of Jasons. Period. And I think Sideshow does, too. We'll get Roy. Question is: which comes first? Roy or Part 8?

- J!

MicroJow said:
I just want a full set of Jasons. Period. And I think Sideshow does, too. We'll get Roy. Question is: which comes first? Roy or Part 8?

- J!

That's what I'm wondering.... which one is less important.. Most people didn't like Part 8, but many did not like part 5 either.. I guess it's just a roll of the dice on this one.

Personally I would rather have Part 8 and THEN Roy, but hey.... can't be so choosy here. And at least now that SSC is developing the smaller body I can look forward to a "possible" kid Jason from Part 1..... :D

Last edited:
IMG_1031.jpg

Hey 70's?? Isn't that the Featured Creatures "Imposter" mask? That thing is awesome. I really want to get one someday for my display.... very cool.

And exactly what I want from the head sculpt when we DO get a "roy" Jason figure. :D

I want Sideshow to complete the actual Jasons (part 8 and Uber) long before they even consider doing Roy.

Back