Future of Star Trek on Television?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the slightest idea, but I asked me myself the question a week or so and googled...like...nothing...wikipedia nothing too.
Would really like to see something new...

Paramount wants to focus more on Movie Trek then TV Trek at the moment.

They are redoing The Next Generation on Blu-Ray and finally releasing Enterprise on Blu-Ray.

I don't think Enterprise was well-received, so it might be awhile before they do another series.

I dearly miss Trek on TV. But if the choice is between "no Trek" and "Berman / Braga Trek", I choose "no Trek". :monkey2

It was all Gene Roddenberry for TOS, Animated, and Next Gen, then the torch was passed to Rick Berman and Michael Piller for DS9, and Voyager, Piller had enough and left before Berman and Brannon Braga destroyed the franchise with Enterprise.
At this point there are no Show Runners to helm a new series and I doubt the makers of the new Trek movies want to be involved.

If there is anyone who can resurrect Trek on TV it's Ira Steven Behr who made DS9 what it was, but he's probably burned out on ST too at this point.

I never saw Enterprise on its initial run, but I did enjoy it when HD Net ran it a couple years ago.

Bryan Singer and Bryan Fuller have an idea for a Star Trek: Captain Worf series that is way early in development. But if Hannible takes off he might have the juice to get things off the ground.

Enterprise got good in season 4 but I don't much care for the first three seasons. I will say Enterprise had some of the best space ships out of any Star Trek series and I love Jeffrey Combs as Shran, the best thing about Enterprise was the attention finally paid to the Andorians.

Deep Space Nine is the best Trek series, I love every season of it and it just evolves wonderfully to the end.

If there is anyone who can resurrect Trek on TV it's Ira Steven Behr who made DS9 what it was, but he's probably burned out on ST too at this point.

I wonder if Ronald D. Moore would come back now that the shackles of Berman are gone and he could cut loose.

I never got into DS9, but I may come around when they get released on BD.

I'd love to get it on Blu.
You can also watch the entire thing on Netflix Streaming in reg. definition right now. I finally got Netflix this year and have revisited the series from the beginning. At this point I'm three epi. into the 7th and final season.
$8 a month is a steal being able to watch every episode of Star Trek ever made (including the animated series) whenever I want.

I'd love to get it on Blu.
You can also watch the entire thing on Netflix Streaming in reg. definition right now. I finally got Netflix this year and have revisited the series from the beginning. At this point I'm three epi. into the 7th and final season.
$8 a month is a steal being able to watch every episode of Star Trek ever made (including the animated series) whenever I want.

I have Netflix. I may have to look this up. Thanks!

If I remember correctly Seth McFarlane was expressing interest in bringing Star Trek back to TV. He is a fan (no surprise there for anyone who watches Family Guy) and even appeared in a few episodes of Enterprise.

Back