Predator Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averagejo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question for you experts, seriously.

I am bidding on a used Hot Toys AVP Elder Predator. I checked today, and I've been outbid. This piece has all the parts, but does have a broken spear....AND I just noticed that it does not have the original body. The seller says with the armor on you cant really tell, but I'll know.

Sooooooooooo...Right now it's at 300.00, should I go for it?

Please, I need some advice.
Thanks guys!! :1-1:

Last edited:
C'mon now ...Can't someone here help a gal out with an opinion??

Predator-Animation1hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.gif

When you're bidding on eBay you really need to set yourself a limit otherwise you'll fall into last minute bidding based on emotion.

Safe your money for the eventual rerelease that will be far superior and cheaper. Jmo

Thanks guys. I was really conflicted here, especially since it's not the original body.

I've wanted an AVP Elder forever, but they are so expensive now. I saw this one, and was really debating whether to bid again, I really don't want to pay alot of cash for one that isn't original as I mentioned >>>>>BUT<<<<<again, I rarely see them up for auction this cheap. :dunno

@riky That would be so worth waiting for if a possible AVP Elder Pred rerelease happened sometime in the future!!

Last edited:
just give it time i get caught up in ebay auctions just because i want it but i waited till the right time and scored my avp elder new in box for 195 so good things come to those who wait trust me ive won a lot of HT alien and preds for really great prices .

just give it time i get caught up in ebay auctions just because i want it but i waited till the right time and scored my avp elder new in box for 195 so good things come to those who wait trust me ive won a lot of HT alien and preds for really great prices .

195?!! Wow!! NIB?? :clap:clap:clap

195?!! Wow!! NIB?? :clap:clap:clap

Can you provide some pics of it? If it's not the original body then what body did the seller use? Hot Toys AVP bodies are very distinct and it's really hard to find another body from another predator line to replace it and still look good. I wouldn't go too high on it honestly.

Hey guys, I have a question for you experts, seriously.

I am bidding on a used Hot Toys AVP Elder Predator. I checked today, and I've been outbid. This piece has all the parts, but does have a broken spear....AND I just noticed that it does not have the original body. The seller says with the armor on you cant really tell, but I'll know.

Sooooooooooo...Right now it's at 300.00, should I go for it?

Please, I need some advice.
Thanks guys!! :1-1:

Just saw the auction you're bidding on. Doesn't look bad. As long as the body is an AVP body it should be fine but I'm concerned about the spear since Elder looks best posed with his spear and bio in hand. I say pass on it.

Can you provide some pics of it? If it's not the original body then what body did the seller use? Hot Toys AVP bodies are very distinct and it's really hard to find another body from another predator line to replace it and still look good. I wouldn't go too high on it honestly.

sn1jtc.jpg

Just saw the auction you're bidding on. Doesn't look bad. As long as the body is an AVP body it should be fine but I'm concerned about the spear since Elder looks best posed with his spear and bio in hand. I say pass on it.

It's at 301.50 now. Yeah, maybe you are right. For the amount of $$ it'll probably sell for, I think I'd prefer an original.
The question is am I being realistic in the possibility of finding another "cheap?" :lol :slap

Last edited:
sn1jtc.jpg

It's at 301.50 now. Yeah, maybe you are right. For the amount of $$ it'll probably sell for, I think I'd prefer an original.
The question is am I being realistic in the possibility of finding another "cheap?" :lol :slap

Mind if I ask you why getting this particular Predator is so important? I mean if you wanna get into Preds maybe aim for the Main Predators? What do you have in your collection now?

I agree with Endless Rain. I started trying to get ALL of the preds. Not only are the big and take up alot of space but its just way too hard to get them all at this point. I decided to mainstream my collections with just the main one from each movie:

1- Classic
2- P2
AVP- I got Chopper
AVPR- Wolf
Predators- Berserker

Im happy with just those.

Predator is my first love. :love :lol
I'd like to have a great collection of preds at sometime in my life! It might take me awhile, but so far I have:
Original Predator
Guardian Predator
Elder Predator2
Ancient Predator
Shadow Predator

And have on flexpay:
City Hunter
Scar Predator
Classic
Elder SSE (statue)

I "need" to buy Beserker, Falconer, and "find" Celtic, Lost, Wolf, and Chopper and a AVP Elder. ;)

Just be patient. I just got a loose Celtic Predator complete and in excellent condition on EBay for $250 shipped.

Predator is my first love. :love :lol
I'd like to have a great collection of preds at sometime in my life! It might take me awhile, but so far I have:
Original Predator
Guardian Predator
Elder Predator2
Ancient Predator
Shadow Predator

And have on flexpay:
City Hunter
Scar Predator
Classic
Elder SSE (statue)

I "need" to buy Beserker, Falconer, and "find" Celtic, Lost, Wolf, and Chopper and a AVP Elder. ;)

I have a Berserker complete w box and brown shipper if you wanna buy it off me. PM me if you're interested.

Scar is being remade and is a huge improvement from his first release. It's a pretty safe bet the Celtic and Chopper are not far behind. My two cents is still to wait. You will save money and have a nicer figure.

Don't bother with the old releases. Those figures won't last forever and are probably getting more fragile each day. Not to mention the insane prices and very poor quality for HT's standards today. Just buy the remakes.

thats why im just going to wait i have all aliens but the brown avp version ,and all preds excepts celtic and the two ancient preds, i know the new celtic should be coming soon if they chill the **** out with the iron man figures already and hopefully they remake the ancient preds

Back