Star Wars Road Trips: Visiting Actual Filming Locations (including TOURS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
As a partner is this endeavor I suppose I'm also required to share this here with the Freaks. :lol I figured the Movie board probably suits it best, as it doesn't deal with collectibles, per se...

69469_549557651750451_811327777_n.jpg

As some of you know, 2 friends and I wrote a book together that is essentially a reference book and travel guide to all of the "Star Wars" filming locations in the United States. While places like Tunisia and Finland are obvious international locations, there actually are many iconic locations right here in the continental USA... many just a 2 hour drive from Las Vegas. We visited them many times over the years and were curious why Lucasfilm never thought to cover something like this (or even the international locations). In fact, we approached them 3 times over a 12 year period and every time we got the same response, basically "That's not anything we're interested in publishing, but if you guys want to do it yourself go right on ahead, as long as it's Unofficial and you don't use any of our film images."

So we did. And last year a successful Kickstarter allowed us to publish a full first printing of the book, which as of this week is now sold out. However, we made another visit to Death Valley with the documentary film crew from "The Force Within Us" last year to not only find a brand new location... but also that one of the ones we had previously discovered had literally been washed away by a freak 100 year flash flood a few years back. :horror So, we updated the book with these new developments and, out of our own pockets, have published a 2nd (and Final) Edition. It's available now at Amazon, B&N, etc. Here's a direct link to the Amazon listing: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Road-Trips-Locations/dp/0982784899/[/ame]

But even cooler... we recently got the greenlight from the National Park Service to go ahead and offer interactive, guided tours of all of the "Star Wars" locations in Death Valley National Park!

So, we are now offering official SWRT Tour packages via our website: https://starwarsroadtrips.com/tours/

A lot of detailed information is available there, and we've even created an initial FAQ already: https://starwarsroadtrips.com/tours/tours-faq/

Also, our Facebook page is growing rapidly, and we encourage any interested Star Wars fans to "LIKE" our FB page, as that is where we will be posting the latest News, Announcements, Giveaways, and More! https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsRoadTrips

The NPS actually gave their blessing and jumped onboard much quicker than we'd anticipated, and we'll likely be giving the first tour as soon as this May/June! :thud:

Next year, we will be traveling to Spain, Italy, Tunisia, England, and Finland to cover all of the known International locations (I'm going to Guatemala in June to visit Tikal... used for Yavin in EP4).

Anyway, thanks for looking. And if you have any questions about any of this stuff feel free to ask. I genuinely love traveling to these places and sharing it with fellow fans. You need not buy a book or take the tour to ask for any tips or travel pointers. :D

That's pretty ****ing cool man! Books sold out? That's got to be a helluva feeling. I'm happy for ya!

Wow, pretty cool.

This has got to be where R2 gets zapped by the Jawas.

Yep. Principal photography was done at a canyon in Tunisia. However, due to problems with the R2 unit moving (and limited time with the Jawa actors) they filmed pick-up shots at 2 locations in Death Valley when they got back to the States. Also, any shot involving a Bantha was filmed in Death Valley as well... they outfitted an elephant from the San Diego Zoo.

Color me very interested. :D

Oh, and I ordered a signed first edition right after DW, so huge props to him for keying me into the book offer.

:hi5:

Can I get a signed copy?:D

Not sure how many Adam has left. I know the first edition is probably all gone, but we'll have plenty of the updated version from here on out.
I don't currently have any copies myself, but I'll always sign the book for Freaks and toss in some freebies too.
:)

Back