Dark Horse to Adapt Lucas' orginal THE STAR WARS Concept in 8 issue miniseries

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this earlier, it does look pretty interesting. Did McQuarrie ever draw Vader like that, or are they just riffing off the style?

There were some early designs like that. Not sure if it was McQuarrie, though.

J.W. Rinzler is writing this, which is about as close to the source as you can get. Hell, I'm sure he knows this stuff better than Lucasfilm himself now.

Here's some artwork. Concept Falcon! (Space 1999 references obvious):

SWTHE-1-PG-02-600x900.jpg

I like the idea, but can't help thinking they should have gone with a more "old-school" comic book artist. Maybe if they had gotten Howard Chaykin, Walt Simonson, Ron Frenz or one of the other Marvel Comics Star Wars artists.

I like Mayhew's art, but I don't think his style fits for this story.

I like the idea, but can't help thinking they should have gone with a more "old-school" comic book artist. Maybe if they had gotten Howard Chaykin, Walt Simonson, Ron Frenz or one of the other Marvel Comics Star Wars artists.

I like Mayhew's art, but I don't think his style fits for this story.

Great idea! I would've loved someone like Simonson working on this.

Dark Horse pulling out some big guns! Very interesting!

When does their license on Star Wars run out? I'm betting it's almost 100% certain that Marvel will take it over after that as Disney will keep it in house. The House of Ideas has got to be very excited about that.

It's been a long time since I've been interested in a Star Wars project on any medium. Well done, Dark Horse! :clap

I read this script. I am looking forward to seeing it as a comic book. I'm all in for this one.

Back