PDA

View Full Version : Superman EX - Do you like the Flame eyes or not

Pages : [1] 2

JAWS
03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
This poll has nothing to do with if you will order the EX or not. Just if you like the EX head with the flame effects.

Feel free to put your opinion about why you bought it or not but again this is just about the Flame eye effect. Not the Head sculpt itself.

I personally don't like the flame effect.

MasterSafara
03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Where's the poll?

Vote no. Not compared to the photoshop presented! :lecture

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hplvlh.jpg

I agree. The best Superman ever on the left!

Statue You
03-31-2013, 05:22 PM
I respect that SS tried something different, but it just doesn't work imo.....looks a little like Supes eyes have been gouged out.
...and I like the angle and look of the EX head better than the reg....minus the worms.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/null_zps86ed87b8.jpg

Be nice if they could tweek it a bit like the photo shopped pics.

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Where's the poll?

Vote no. Not compared to the photoshop presented! :lecture

I agree. The best Superman ever on the left!

Actually I brought that pic over...lol

jorge_itachi
03-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Im the maker of the photoshop witohout flames and i really hate the ex portrait, i think a red eyes with light would be awesome.

MasterSafara
03-31-2013, 05:38 PM
:lecture It's no doubt the proposed light up red eyes look boss compared to the actual SS EX head prototype. I welcome the change and hope they do it but at the same time as someone else mentioned I don't blame SS and actually applaud their effort to try something different. :clap Just means I'll have the EX displayed with the reg head if they go through with it. :D

filip629
03-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Ordered the EX and I like it. Still would have liked to have seen what red eyes alone would have looked like but the EX head will be rotated and displayed when the mood strikes me.

Mr. Nice Guy
03-31-2013, 06:00 PM
From the pics weve seen, i dont care much for the flames. But Ive said the same kind of thing before and Im learning to reserve judgement until I see it in hand.

I mean, this is Superman! Will SS deliver something that isnt A+ for this piece? This will be one of THE pieces that will pull DC readers into these collectibles. SS cant mess this up.

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Im the maker of the photoshop witohout flames and i really hate the ex portrait, i think a red eyes with light would be awesome.

Yeah I gave you credit when I originally brought you pic over.... That dirty rotten MASTERSafara... Well he forgot...:rotfl

I have seen two other photoshop jobs in an attempt to replace the Ex eyes, and I haven't cared for either... Then I saw yours, and YES I agree it would be an improvement.

I honestly think the poll should be change to give people the either or comparisson. The original or Jorge version.... That gives SSC SOMETHING SPECIFIC to look at and compare... Instead of just fanboy complaining....lol

JAWS
03-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah I gave you credit when I originally brought you pic over.... That dirty rotten MASTERSafara... Well he forgot...:rotfl

I have seen two other photoshop jobs in an attempt to replace the Ex eyes, and I haven't cared for either... Then I saw yours, and YES I agree it would be an improvement.

I honestly think the poll should be change to give people the either or comparisson. The original or Jorge version.... That gives SSC SOMETHING SPECIFIC to look at and compare... Instead of just fanboy complaining....lol

I did not add anything about the light up or either or option because I thought this should just be about what we are getting.

I am about 100% sure that if SS could make it look like the one photoshop photo listed above it would be a landslide of people voting for that.

Thing is, I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell to get a light up feature. So I was just curious how many like or dislike what we are getting.

No complaing, no *****ing, just straight up voting.

Oh and I thought it would be nice to have a Superman thread that did not have 700++ Spidey comments :) ;)

jorge_itachi
03-31-2013, 06:16 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/30a9c9h.jpg

vorpoll
03-31-2013, 06:21 PM
I wish they would give us a third head without the noodles. I would display the noodles a little to spark conversation but my favorite would be the EX head with red eyes only. That head sculpt is killer just lose the noodles. I don't care if they would light up or not just give us a head with red angry eyes.

:gah:

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 06:35 PM
I did not add anything about the light up or either or option because I thought this should just be about what we are getting.

I am about 100% sure that if SS could make it look like the one photoshop photo listed above it would be a landslide of people voting for that.

Thing is, I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell to get a light up feature. So I was just curious how many like or dislike what we are getting.

Oh and I thought it would be nice to have a Superman thread that did not have 700++ Spidey comments :) ;)

I agree with everything you said above accept that last part ... Ya DBAG!!!....:nana::pfft:

Jokes:1-1:

mistermark
03-31-2013, 06:36 PM
This has not gone into production yet so they should fix the Ex and give us red eyes only. No need for light up, just red painted angry eyes. Easy fix IMO.

MasterSafara
03-31-2013, 06:42 PM

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :nana:

JAWS
03-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Actually I am depending on Spidey and his posts to help keep this poll up at the top so more people ca see it and vote :)

MasterSafara
03-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Actually I am depending on Spidey and his posts to help keep this poll up at the top so more people ca see it and vote :)

Don't worry man. You have my cooperation in giving him a hard time too and keeping this thread up at the top for a while! :1-1:
:rotfl
:wave

VS1976
03-31-2013, 06:56 PM
I like the Arthas lightup eyes. Ssc needs to do the exact lightup feature like Arthas. It would be epic!

MR Regan
03-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes would just love the red eyes instead of noodle eyes :monkey2:slap

JAWS
03-31-2013, 07:02 PM

What could be and should be!!!

Photoshop by jorge_itachi

MasterSafara
03-31-2013, 07:05 PM
Uh ohh JAWS! :horror ^^You didn't quote jorge_itachi.^^ Spidey'll probably get on you for that... :panic:

:lol

jorge_itachi
03-31-2013, 07:05 PM
we want this on super :

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/176/dsc2378b.jpg

come on sideshow! you can make it better, you try some different but it doesn´t work, please think in the customers.

JAWS
03-31-2013, 07:06 PM
Uh ohh JAWS! :horror ^^You didn't quote jorge_itachi.^^ Spidey'll probably get on you for that... :panic:

Fixed :) :)

ActionJackson83
03-31-2013, 07:25 PM

This would make an awesome 3rd switch out head. Unfortunately they'd have to delay this statue another year to incorporate engineering the light up feature so I doubt they'd go that route. I'd certainly be up for Sideshow proving me wrong though, and delivering what the fans want, and wouldn't mind a delayed release to work this in.

karamazov80
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Change it SSC. . .change it now!

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 07:28 PM

Don't worry man. You have my cooperation in giving him a hard time too and keeping this thread up at the top for a while! :1-1:
:wave

Fixed :) :)

You are BOTH THIEVES... DIRTY DIRTY THIEVES!!!!!...lol

Guys I think it all has merit. Especially if it gets people interested, and MAYBE we get a third head.

Solarsailor
03-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Voted no.

No spaghetti. No light up feature. No mucking around.

What's wrong with good old fashioned paint? It's cheap, it's easy, it looks good on a statue.

No brainer.

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 07:32 PM
This would make an awesome 3rd switch out head. Unfortunately they'd have to delay this statue another year to incorporate engineering the light up feature so I doubt they'd go that route. I'd certainly be up for Sideshow proving me wrong though, and delivering what the fans want, and wouldn't mind a delayed release to work this in.

:goodpost::exactly:

karamazov80
03-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Voted no.

No spaghetti. No light up feature. No mucking around.

What's wrong with good old fashioned paint? It's cheap, it's easy, it looks good on a statue.

No brainer.
Word. I think the light ups are kind of cheap looking on what is otherwise a high end piece. Same thing with translucent plastic. I know others disagree.

ActionJackson83
03-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Who's to say the light up head can't be painted red for the eyes, they just light up bright red when you turn the lights on... If you put white leds, you'll need the pupils to be painted red anyway just like the cyclops EX head.

http://www.amazingtoyfigures.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Cyclops-Premium-Format-Figure-31-e1292503443111.jpg

Zerox_dogma
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
I order the Ex. But Don't like the worms out eyes. Please sideshow listen us. only paint the god Damn holes or use lights for it. But not worms. Thanks. ;)

Josh-A-Tron
03-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Who's to say the light up head can't be painted red for the eyes, they just light up bright red when you turn the lights on... If you put white leds, you'll need the pupils to be painted red anyway just like the cyclops EX head.

http://www.amazingtoyfigures.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Cyclops-Premium-Format-Figure-31-e1292503443111.jpg

While I'm not really getting into this argument because I see both sides, you might want to use a better example than the Cyclops EX since he looks like one of the cast members from the original "Hills have Eyes" found an X-men suit from the 90's.

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:07 PM
While I'm not really getting into this argument because I see both sides, you might want to use a better example than the Cyclops EX since he looks like one of the cast members from the original "Hills have Eyes" found an X-men suit from the 90's.

Well the head sculpt is bad. But the eyes looks fine.

Personally I would rather it just be paint. That way no delays.

On the other hand I would be glad to have a year delay if that ment no flame effect for the eyes.

MTL81
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Change the noodles Sideshow...listen to the collectors and make thing right ! Light up or bright red eyes I don't care..

But please don't leave us with those ridiculous red spaghetti's !

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Well the head sculpt is bad. But the eyes looks fine.

Personally I would rather it just be paint. That way no delays.

On the other hand I would be glad to have a year delay if that ment no flame effect for the eyes.

How are you doing JAWS... This seems to be stressing you out...lol

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
How are you doing JAWS... This seems to be stressing you out...lol

I am doing fine my friend.

DId my post come across like I was talking about superman. I was actually talking about the Cyclops EX head.

jorge_itachi
03-31-2013, 08:16 PM
new desing in statueforum without light, i dont put it here because the message doesnt post unless an admin watch it first...

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Here it is

http://i46.tinypic.com/a9lp94.jpg

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 08:18 PM
I am doing fine my friend.

DId my post come across like I was talking about superman. I was actually talking about the Cyclops EX head.

I am actually wondering if this will all actually start something ... Kind of hopin it will... But a third head... Think that should be our chant...lol

jye318
03-31-2013, 08:18 PM
They should just make it red only....

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 08:20 PM
new desing in statueforum without light, i dont put it here because the message doesnt post unless an admin watch it first...

Dude your work is top notch...lol.

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:24 PM
I am actually wondering if this will all actually start something ... Kind of hopin it will... But a third head... Think that should be our chant...lol

I would go for a third head. But I just don't see SS doing that. The removal of the Fire effect seems like an easy fix for SS.

But as you have said. To make all happy I would be fine with three heads.

But, and I know it's early, I think those who like or want the EX head as it is presented now will be in the minority by a lot. It's starting to pull away at the SF site.

But I would love to see everyone happy. Thing is. I think everyone will be happy with just red eyes. If they never showed us the Flame eyes we all would have been singing nothing but praises for this piece. The only thing the thread would be alive with is out mutual love for the EX head and talk about the ES.

Instead they put in the Flame effect and frustrate 75% of the fans.

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:31 PM

I am also going after thie because

A - this should be a very easy fix for SS. Infact it should be easier for them to do just Red eys then add the Flames

B - With time I though I was getting to be OK with it. But the more I looked the more I just thought it was awful.

C - If the EX head sculpt was not so great I would not care what they did with the eyes. Sure there is still a great reg sculpt head but why can't we have two great sculpted heads?

As someone said. The Eyes look almost like a gore effect. There is no eye in Supermans head. It looks like Superman lost his eyes. Again I understand what they are going for I just think they missed the mark. And I really believe that many more people would be happy with the change. Even those who like the Flame effect.

http://i47.tinypic.com/s3exzp.jpg

mistermark
03-31-2013, 08:34 PM
I am also going after thie because

A - this should be a very easy fix for SS. Infact it should be easier for them to do just Red eys then add the Flames

B - With time I though I was getting to be OK with it. But the more I looked the more I just thought it was awful.

C - If the EX head sculpt was not so great I would not care what they did with the eyes. Sure there is still a great reg sculpt head but why can't we have two great sculpted heads?

As someone said. The Eyes look almost like a gore effect. There is no eye in Supermans head. It looks like Superman lost his eyes. Again I understand what they are going for I just think they missed the mark. And I really believe that many more people would be happy with the change. Even those who like the Flame effect.

http://i47.tinypic.com/s3exzp.jpg

They need to fix it. Red painted eyes only! Easy fix. C'mon SS, you fixed Cobra Commander, please listen to your CUSTOMERS that keep your business thriving and fix Superman. :lecture Please and thank you! :) (Right now Supes Ex looks like the victim of a slasher villain in a horror movie :()

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:36 PM
They need to fix it. Red painted eyes only! Easy fix. C'mon SS, you fixed Cobra Commander, please listen to your CUSTOMERS that keep your business thriving and fix Superman. :lecture Please and thank you! :) (Right now Supes Ex looks like the victim of a slasher villain in a horror movie :()

What did they do to fix Cobra Commander??

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:37 PM
(Right now Supes Ex looks like the victim of a slasher villain in a horror movie :()

Or a really bad Acid trip :)

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/supermaneyeballssmall_zps5b330cfd.jpg

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:42 PM
So far 40 don't like it and 11 are to stubborn to admit that it's not good ;):)

mistermark
03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
What did they do to fix Cobra Commander??

When the Cobra Commander PF prototype was revealed his chrome-dome was a matte grey painted mask. It didn't look quite right. Fans requested that SS change the mask to make it have an actual metallic chrome finish and it was done eventually. A lot of people agreed they wanted it changed and SS was wonderful and made it happen. It really brought the Commander's PF up a notch. The same could easily be done for Supes if they keep the same Ex sculpt, fill in the eyes and remove the worms. Red paint would avoid delays and there wouldn't be the risk of light up malfunctioning. Here's hoping SS has wonderful customer service again and listens to the fans. :)

JAWS
03-31-2013, 08:46 PM
When the Cobra Commander PF prototype was revealed his chrome-dome was a matte grey painted mask. It didn't look quite right. Fans requested that SS change the mask to make it have an actual metallic chrome finish and it was done eventually. A lot of people agreed they wanted it changed and SS was wonderful and made it happen. It really brought the Commander's PF up a notch. The same could easily be done for Supes if they keep the same Ex sculpt, fill in the eyes and remove the worms. Red paint would avoid delays and there wouldn't be the risk of light up malfunctioning. Here's hoping SS has wonderful customer service again and listens to the fans. :)

Oh. Interesting. Hope SS pulls through again!!

ambasah
03-31-2013, 09:33 PM
For every cobra commander there is a Cyclops, unfortunately.

JAWS
03-31-2013, 09:35 PM
For every cobra commander there is a Cyclops, unfortunately.

What does Cyclops have to do with Superman. We know the Supes EX head is a great sculpt there is nothing to change but the worms.

Or are you saying that people were up in arms about that EX head also.

Not being a jerk just not sure what you ment.

Spidey976
03-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Okay JAWS my man kee up the good fight ... I am heading to bed... You are a posting machine tonight.... Who lit your butt on fire tonight????And yeah that is coming from me.?..lol

nemesisenforcer
03-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Looking at the comparison, I would now prefer the light up eyes than the current EX. However, I think it will be expensive if they do go this route or have a third head for this.

Solarsailor
03-31-2013, 10:33 PM
The thing that annoys me the most is that you can't even snap the noodles off and leave him with red eye's because he actually doesn't have eye's.

It's just an all round terrible design. Makes you wonder with SS's dodgy QC why would you even bother with something like this when everyone would have been happy with just paint.

Mqhuynh
03-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Can you please edit the title to say flame eyes.

buzzybean
03-31-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't think they look like worms and I also don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest. The regular head is perfect. I'm going to pose him with the regular head no matter whatever type of variant head they came up with. I prefer they give us a variant cape that's shorter and a little less over-the-top.

BB

sarakawa
03-31-2013, 11:02 PM
I think this thread shows that SSC should AT LEAST make those damn worms removable.

mistermark
03-31-2013, 11:42 PM
I think this thread shows that SSC should AT LEAST make those damn worms removable.

:exactly::goodpost::yess: This Ex needs to be adjusted just like how they adjusted the Cobra Commander PF. It CAN be done. Please listen to your fans SS! :lecture :panic: Goodnight everyone :wave

skorpio8
03-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Idont like the spaggeti flames, nevertheless i put a PO on the EX, with the hope that they might change something. Shall we start sending SS complaining emails??....LOL. This is what we ve done with Ivy

kraigg007
04-01-2013, 12:52 AM
I don't mind it, but I don't see how they will be able to ship successfully without breaking. Looks pretty fragile, so I hope they make a ton of extra exclusive heads.

jinrai
04-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Wouldn't mind either :)

Intruder04
04-01-2013, 01:49 AM

This effin :rock :rock

I know what you were trying to achieve SS but it just doesn't make the cut. Get rid of 'em while there's still time. Do it.

DHAVAL
04-01-2013, 02:04 AM
I liked Ex..... it will be difficult to judge product with pics have to see it in person.....

Sweet Rabbit
04-01-2013, 02:15 AM
This has not gone into production yet so they should fix the Ex and give us red eyes only. No need for light up, just red painted angry eyes. Easy fix IMO.

They'd have to go all the way back through DC

Dr Sanchez
04-01-2013, 02:35 AM
The Superman ex head really does look as if Supes has had his eyes gouged out and is standing in the zero gravity of Space with blood floating up out of his eyes, like something from the Dead space games.

Solarsailor
04-01-2013, 02:57 AM
The Superman ex head really does look as if Supes has had his eyes gouged out and is standing in the zero gravity of Space with blood floating up out of his eyes, like something from the Dead space games.

I keep thinking about that movie Event Horizon every time I look at it.

livindaye
04-01-2013, 03:26 AM
no light up feature, just eyes painted red..
besides, I wouldn't display him with light-up on for entire time

Tbolt
04-01-2013, 03:44 AM
I go back and forth with the flame eyes. I have seen a couple of pictures and thought they looked good, but then I have seen a couple of close ups and thought..egad.

I think the biggest issue is that there doesnt appear to be any eye. IF they came off an eye maybe it would work better, but as is, they look like they leaked out.

But I love Pasta, so Speghetti eyes for me!

Intruder04
04-01-2013, 05:33 AM
C'mon peeps. Cast in your votes whatever it may be!

BurningRage
04-01-2013, 06:20 AM
I'm displaying this with the reg head sculpt even if they remove the worms.

JAWS
04-01-2013, 07:12 AM
They'd have to go all the way back through DC

That still should be an easy task to get the OK from DC. It's not like they are changing the whole sculpt.

Of course I could be wrong. It's not like I work there but I would think it wouldnt be all tha hard.

Fives
04-01-2013, 07:49 AM
wow, it looks way better with just the light up eyes. hope they do change it.

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm displaying this with the reg head sculpt even if they remove the worms.

I will be displaying it with BOTH headsculpts no matter what... lol

skillet
04-01-2013, 09:43 AM
I will be displaying it with BOTH headsculpts no matter what... lol

A two-headed Superman? :panic:

mistermark
04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
The Ex head would look great laying on Freddy or Jason's PF base lmao with those ugly gouged out eyes.

BuffyGirl
04-01-2013, 10:47 AM
In my opinion the person who thought of the ex version, and the person who approved it are totally lost in the brainpan. And no, I don't feel bad for dissing you, whomever you are.

I would have ordered the regular instead but the savings don't generally do much for me in the end.

Bullseye
04-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Quite funny.

This why I don't like the ES head. It's what happens when Superman sneezes too hard.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/supermaneyeballssmall_zps5b330cfd.jpg

JAWS
04-01-2013, 11:14 AM
In my opinion the person who thought of the ex version, and the person who approved it are totally lost in the brainpan. And no, I don't feel bad for dissing you, whomever you are.

I would have ordered the regular instead but the savings don't generally do much for me in the end.

BuffyGirl has spoken!!!:lecture

Spyke
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Do you think they will come out today and say "April fools" and show us the real Ex portrait??? I sure hope so.....

Sweet Rabbit
04-01-2013, 11:36 AM
That still should be an easy task to get the OK from DC. It's not like they are changing the whole sculpt.

Of course I could be wrong. It's not like I work there but I would think it wouldnt be all tha hard.

Lol.....DC is notoriously hard to push approvals through

Adolfo
04-01-2013, 11:48 AM
This whole discussion would never happen if this was Bowen:yess:...................LOL..:wave.JK

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 12:04 PM

Just to be clear the eyes are there ... No empty sockets....lol

comicbookguy
04-01-2013, 12:48 PM

:slap every time I see that mantenna eyes pics it's making me hate the ex head more and more. I now see it every time you posts :gah: ..........:wave

Adolfo
04-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Hey.:dunno..Maybe Sideshow will forget to put the Fusilli Pasta Eyes like they did with Obi-Wan's Saber Hilt.:exactly:...LOL:dunno

JAWS
04-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Hey.:dunno..Maybe Sideshow will forget to put the Fusilli Pasta Eyes like they did with Obi-Wan's Saber Hilt.:exactly:...LOL:dunno

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

comicbookguy
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM

:rotfl:rotfl:lol fans would not even ask for a replacement!

tjw344
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Flame eyes are complete crap and make this an easy pass. Chris Reeves PF for me.

Irvy
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Flame eyes are complete crap and make this an easy pass. Chris Reeves PF for me.

This man speaketh the truth:goodpost:

mistermark
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM

Yeah I may cancel and eat the NRD. No point in paying import and taxes and delivery adding $150 to the price to bring him into Canada unless they change the Ex. I could snag a Reg local for $360 saving $190 or just wait for a Reeve PF which would be my ultimate Supes PF.

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah I may cancel and eat the NRD. No point in paying import and taxes and delivery adding $150 to the price to bring him into Canada unless they change the Ex. I could snag a Reg local for $360 saving $190 or just wait for a Reeve PF which would be my ultimate Supes PF.

You won't be saving that much though... you payed the NRD ... the other factor that you are forgetting is... what if the DO change this ... or it looks AMAZING in hand. We don't know what this is going to look like in the end ... not for sure. If people start canceling and it gets improved I think I may laugh my *** literally off.

mistermark
04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
You won't be saving that much though... you payed the NRD ... the other factor that you are forgetting is... what if the DO change this ... or it looks AMAZING in hand. We don't know what this is going to look like in the end ... not for sure. If people start canceling and it gets improved I think I may laugh my *** literally off.

OMG Spidey RELAX. :lol :panic: To each their own bro, geez, these are just statues. Calm down, we get it -- you LOVE the Ex!!!! No biggie. I really cannot stand the Ex and don't know what they were thinking but I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. As I said, to each their own. All good brother, people can change their minds and I just might. Not sure yet, I would still prefer a Reeve PF anyway. :)

Sweet Rabbit
04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
But you keep going on and on about it :dunno

Irvy
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Spidey just tell us if you like the ex and maybe post some pics of it geez stop being so cryptic!

NASEDO
04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
I ordered the Exclusive, but I do think this is the Dumbest Exclusive SS has ever Done. I rather have an Art Print.

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
OMG Spidey RELAX. :lol :panic: To each their own bro, geez, these are just statues. Calm down, we get it -- you LOVE the Ex!!!! No biggie. I really cannot stand the Ex and don't know what they were thinking but I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. As I said, to each their own. All good brother, people can change their minds and I just might. Not sure yet, I would still prefer a Reeve PF anyway. :)

I AM relaxed ... You have posted YOUR OPINION more then even I have... And that is saying something

But you keep going on and on about it :dunno

:exactly::hi5:

Spidey just tell us if you like the ex and maybe post some pics of it geez stop being so cryptic!

Such a good idea

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/null_zps44f2c754.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/null_zps320ed7dc.jpg

:wink1:

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
I ordered the Exclusive, but I do think this is the Dumbest Exclusive SS has ever Done. I rather have an Art Print.

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/null_zpsc7c013e5.jpg

AlanJG1
04-01-2013, 03:38 PM
I have always collected 1/6 scale figures.
The Superman PF looked like the definitive Superman to me so I had to order it.

I am hoping that Sideshow removes the worms and either:
a) paints the eyes red
b) puts in a light up feature
c) paints the eyes as normal blue

I would be very satisfied with any of these options.

feeter
04-01-2013, 03:39 PM
NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

close enough :monkey1

mistermark
04-01-2013, 03:41 PM
:slap every time I see that mantenna eyes pics it's making me hate the ex head more and more. I now see it every time you posts :gah: ..........:wave

:exactly::goodpost::1-1:

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 03:44 PM

If you think they are the same then you are :cuckoo:... Jokes, but come on

One is AN amazing headsculpt and the other looks like an action figure was put in the microwave. One has one problem, and the other is ALL problem

Gipetto0812
04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Do not really like the EX flame eyes

If they change it like it is on the left below, I'd go nuts!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hplvlh.jpg

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Jorge did an awesome job with that, and while I like what I am getting now, THAT would be amazing!!! I fully admit it.

feeter
04-01-2013, 03:50 PM

if they dont change it im ripping his eyes out

mistermark
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM
if they dont change it im ripping his eyes out

:slap You shouldn't have to rip out anything on a $400 statue. SS needs to not be lazy, listen to their customers concerns about this, and just like they adjusted the Cobra Commander PF, they need to adjust Supes Ex portrait. Same sculpt, just fill in the eyes and paint it red and remove the worms. Problem solved.

Gipetto0812
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
:slap You shouldn't have to rip out anything on a $400 statue. SS needs to not be lazy, listen to their customers concerns about this, and just like they adjusted the Cobra Commander PF, they need to adjust Supes Ex portrait. Same sculpt, just fill in the eyes and paint it red and remove the worms. Problem solved.

And it would be much less of a QC hazard without the squiggly flames and less to do (I'd imagine) altogether

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM

OMG Mistermark RELAX. :lol :panic: To each their own bro, geez, these are just statues. Calm down, we get it -- you HATE the Ex!!!! No biggie:dunno

mistermark
04-01-2013, 04:04 PM
OMG Mistermark RELAX. :lol :panic: To each their own bro, geez, these are just statues. Calm down, we get it -- you HATE the Ex!!!! No biggie:dunno

LMAO Clearly I have offended you by stating the above. :slap :rotfl All good, I'll agree to disagree.

SAB
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM

And it would be much less of a QC hazard without the squiggly flames and less to do (I'd imagine) altogether

Yeah the weird thing is that the changes would make Sideshow's life easier in this case....

mistermark
04-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah the weird thing is that the changes would make Sideshow's life easier in this case....

Thanks :wave Yeah, I'm just trying to state the obvious. It's a great sculpt they just need to touch it up.

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 04:24 PM
LMAO Clearly I have offended you by stating the above. :slap :rotfl All good, I'll agree to disagree.

Not really MM, not at all really, but if you read yours and my posts back... Mime basically say "I am happy, but I would love to get something that makes everyone happy", yours are like "OMG change it. sideshow you HAVE TO CHANGE IT"

So I am like....

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/null_zpsd0427d54.jpg

You are like...
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/null_zps2418002d.png

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 04:28 PM

Thanks :wave Yeah, I'm just trying to state the obvious. It's a great sculpt they just need to touch it up.

Fully agree... The flames have to be put on after, and will lead to breakage in transport... None of that changes even if I like it

Statue You
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM

...but it's OK for you to post you like the EX 50 times a ****ing day.....like you said - WE GET IT....The majority of posters HATE THE WORMS, so stop being so offended and defending it every time someone disagrees with you, which is just about everyone(do you work for SS)
now go post some more pics of it for the 500th time.

JAWS
04-01-2013, 04:46 PM
NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

What is it with Comic book characters having Gory EX heads :)

mistermark
04-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Jaws, I love the ScaryMan Av. LMAO... nice job whoever did it. :)

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 05:08 PM

...but it's OK for you to post you like the EX 50 times a ****ing day.....like you said - WE GET IT....The majority of posters HATE THE WORMS, so stop being so offended and defending it every time someone disagrees with you, which is just about everyone(do you work for SS)
now go post some more pics of it for the 500th time.

I was MAKING a point DUDE... If you read what I posted above you will see I was using MMs words after his 100th post about hating the EX, to show him that he was doing the SAME thing YOU are accusing me of.

Honestly you and I disagree, but if IF EVERYONE who HATES the EX can hammer on it over and over AGAIN, then those who LIKE it should be able to SAY that. Don't by a hypocrit, just because those who HATE the ES are saying something YOU AGREE with doesn't mean THEY have the right to say it and I DON'T.

Let me say something else I was the one who brought Jorge work over here, the ones that EVERYONE is clinging to as being the BETTER alternative, and I did that because for the first time I AGREE.

Statue You I haven't been rude... In fact I want EVERYONE to be happy, I have not attacked you , and I have NOT INSULTED your right to have an OPINION... Please don't be a hypocrit and do it to me.

By the way I like pictures... Sue me

JAWS
04-01-2013, 05:08 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/JAWS_05/896df1c9-52e9-40ee-bf15-739e8b944824_zps089ca22b.jpg

brucecamblzchin
04-01-2013, 05:09 PM
The horror.........the horror...

JAWS
04-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I was MAKING a point DUDE... If you read what I posted above you will see I was using MMs words after his 100th post about hating the EX, to show him that he was doing the SAME thing YOU are accusing me of.

Honestly you and I disagree, but if IF EVERYONE who HATES the EX can hammer on it over and over AGAIN, then those who LIKE it should be able to SAY that. Don't by a hypocrit, just because those who HATE the ES are saying something YOU AGREE with doesn't mean THEY have the right to say it and I DON'T.

Let me say something else I was the one who brought Jorge work over here, the ones that EVERYONE is clinging to as being the BETTER alternative, and I did that because for the first time I AGREE.

Statue You I haven't been rude... In fact I want EVERYONE to be happy, I have not attacked you , and I have NOT INSULTED your right to have an OPINION... Please don't be a hypocrit and do it to me.

By the way I like pictures... Sue me

Everyone has a right to express their opinions on this piece. Spidey likes/loves it and that is fine. Nothing wrong with that. This is not a bash the Superman EX head thread. All are welcome. Haters and Lovers :)

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Everyone has a right to express their opinions on this piece. Spidey likes/loves it and that is fine. Nothing wrong with that. This is not a bash the Superman EX head thread. All are welcome. Haters and Lovers :)

JAWS up know I respect you m8, and that I think everyone has a right to their opinion. If this gets changed I won't be crushed ... Especially if Jorge's work is any indication of what it will look like:wink1:

mistermark
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM

:goodpost::exactly::hi5::peace

JAWS
04-01-2013, 05:31 PM
JAWS up know I respect you m8, and that I think everyone has a right to their opinion. If this gets changed I won't be crushed ... Especially if Jorge's work is any indication of what it will look like:wink1:

Yeah. I have no issues with someone deffending this piece. If you like then defend away. I don't know why anyone would not want some good hearted debate.

We can all agree that this Superman is a WIN. Just some of us find it to be 95% win and others find it to be 100%

I am in the 95% win camp and it's why I am on this kick to get it changed.

With the red eyes only look it could be 110% win and that is what I hope we get. I don't care if it's an extra head or if they just ditch the flame effect. To me they took what is an amazing sculpt and put something on it that will distract you from the sculpt. That is a no no.

mistermark
04-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah. I have no issues with someone deffending this piece. If you like then defend away. I don't know why anyone would not want some good hearted debate.

We can all agree that this Superman is a WIN. Just some of us find it to be 95% win and others find it to be 100%

I am in the 95% win camp and it's why I am on this kick to get it changed.

With the red eyes only look it could be 110% win and that is what I hope we get. I don't care if it's an extra head or if they just ditch the flame effect. To me they took what is an amazing sculpt and put something on it that will distract you from the sculpt. That is a no no.

I agree. If SS can adjust this Ex (just to remind new people reading this, they did it for Green Lantern's and Cobra Commander's PFs) then this would be IMHO one of the BEST PFs SS has ever done. Superman deserves better and I really hope they get this right. Nothing wrong in admitting you can do better and upping this PF a notch SS. :lecture SS already nailed it by changing the Reg portrait, now the same needs to be done for the Ex. :) Heading out now all, but look forward to reading your thoughts later. :peace

Spyke
04-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Well i know im new here but this is my two cents on the matter. Sideshow is getting cheap. This is an amazing statue with amazing portraits and the exclusive is an easy way out imho. Everyone wanted/expected light up heat vision for the EX. Or atleast red eyes. What they came
up with here again in my opinion is a cheap alternative. They seem to be good at that recently (rhino). If they dont change this i think we will see many damaged deliveries coming our way.

Posted from Sideshowcollectors.com App for Android

MasterSafara
04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
When you look at the EX head what's the first thing that comes to mind? I think the most common answer I've seen has been ,"it looks like his eyes have been poked out." :thud:

I think so too. I applaud the effort :clap of SS to do something different, but the reaction hasn't been positive. :lecture It's a prototype in pre-order so we know they can easily change it and I think they should change it if they're monitoring customer feedback. Give us what we want if you can help it. That's what a cool company would do. :dunno We'll see. :)

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Well i know im new here but this is my two cents on the matter. Sideshow is getting cheap. This is an amazing statue with amazing portraits and the exclusive is an easy way out imho. Everyone wanted/expected light up heat vision for the EX. Or atleast red eyes. What they came
up with here again in my opinion is a cheap alternative. They seem to be good at that recently (rhino). If they dont change this i think we will see many damaged deliveries coming our way.

Posted from Sideshowcollectors.com App for Android

Hey new or old ALL pinions are valid and important. My two cents is it is the opposite of them being cheap though. Red painted eyes would be easier and cheaper SO they took a chance, but many don't think it paid off. However, as for a light up feature a lot of people don't want that either. I am not sure if there is a proper answer at this point.

Solarsailor
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I am not sure if there is a proper answer at this point.

Yes there is. Just paint the eyes red.

Put up another poll with "What would be your choice"

Light up eyes
Noodles
Paint

I'll bet you my noodles (with fast shipping) 70% will tick red paint.

Spidey976
04-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes there is. Just paint the eyes red.

Put up another poll with "What would be your choice"

Light up eyes
Noodles
Paint

I'll bet you my noodles (with fast shipping) 70% will tick red paint.

Sorry I ment an answer that 95% of people.

MagnumOpus
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
In fact the ex sculpt is just awesome but sadly flame eyes don't work:(

MasterSafara
04-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Is it suppose to be flame or energy? I'd think both... :dunno

Kain's Ancient Blade
04-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I voted that I don't like the look of the exclusive, but I admire that they tried something new. Also, who knows if it will look better in person. Still, I would want just red eyes, and I do think those things will break in shipping.

darthcaezar
04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Love the worms

Intruder04
04-01-2013, 08:44 PM

At last. We can hope for some changes now since BG has spoken.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/JAWS_05/896df1c9-52e9-40ee-bf15-739e8b944824_zps089ca22b.jpg
LOLol. First I couldn't stop laughing at your eyes-out Supes signature pic and now this. Can't change myself to look at the EX normally now. Brilliant.

karamazov80
04-01-2013, 08:54 PM
This whole discussion would never happen if this was Bowen:yess:...................LOL..:wave.JK
Agreed. Because no one would care enough to start a thread or post about it :monkey3

Sueikakyju
04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
bought the ex, dislike the heat vision aesthetic effect though. doesn't look right, hope it gets revised and removed on the final product.

brucecamblzchin
04-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Agreed. Because no one would care enough to start a thread or post about it :monkey3

trolololololololololol:goodpost::goodpost:

devilof76
04-02-2013, 02:14 AM
I don't even like light up features on 1:6 figures. It would look exceptionally stupid on this.

Also, Christopher Reeve PF <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< flame eyes

Dr Sanchez
04-02-2013, 02:18 AM
WOW the poll results are overwhelmingly against the ill-conceived exclusive eye steam.

But if people keep placing orders for it then Sideshow has no reason to change it.

A vote with your wallet would have been better than voting on an internet forum.

devilof76
04-02-2013, 02:23 AM
It's not about results. It's about feelings. :1-1:

MasterSafara
04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
They've made changes before based on customer out cry. So it's possible. I somehow doubt it though. We'll see.

brucecamblzchin
04-02-2013, 02:41 AM
A vote with your wallet would have been better than voting on an internet forum.

What you mean that this internet poll is, is, meaningless!?

http://i41.tinypic.com/16bwosm.jpg

How dare you sir!

Bullseye
04-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Even though I voted no to the question, my disappointment has been reduced by the exceptional regular portrait. For me it is the more heroic portrait of the two and its how I plan on displaying him anyway.

I got a quote of $200 to customise the exclusive, ie to remove the effect and sculpt new eyes and repaint. I think I'll just leave it in the box.

Rage
04-02-2013, 05:08 AM
A waste of a beautifully sculpted exclusive head because of rotten red worms.

JAWS
04-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Well it's 115 - 35 here and it's 126 - 28 at the other site. So over 80% there and over 75% here. Now I am ashamed that the other sites members seem to be a bit smarter then us ;) but U think there is no question that the large majority are unhappy with the Flame eyes.

Think we should all contact SSC with these stats and politly express our opinion.

BuffyGirl
04-02-2013, 07:21 AM
BuffyGirl has spoken!!!:lecture

:lecture

Me, too. I always complain about art prints and now I would give anything to have them. I would have considered having someone good with a dremel remove those flames. However, there is thankfully, a regular head so the ex head will just stay in a box forever.

At last. We can hope for some changes now since BG has spoken.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/dollhousefan/gifs/tumblr_lvaz1jDn6o1r3raau.gif

ambasah
04-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Even though I voted no to the question, my disappointment has been reduced by the exceptional regular portrait. For me it is the more heroic portrait of the two and its how I plan on displaying him anyway.

I got a quote of $200 to customise the exclusive, ie to remove the effect and sculpt new eyes and repaint. I think I'll just leave it in the box.

yikes, $200 sounds very expensive. I would expect an entirely new head sculpt for that price.

Sweet Rabbit
04-02-2013, 09:56 AM
yikes, $200 sounds very expensive. I would expect an entirely new head sculpt for that price.

Just think what a full custom costs....and people complain about sideshows prices :lol

feeter
04-02-2013, 10:01 AM

Ill do it for $199 :rotfl ... seriously tooooo much... just rip the eyes out fill in the holes and paint

thebatman18
04-02-2013, 10:23 AM

Who gave you that quote?

Irvy
04-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Scrap the ex. Open edition regular.

JBElliott
04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
As of the time I type this, more than three out of four people don't like the flame eyes effect. And yet this (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=135866) poll suggests that three out of four people are buying the EX with the flame eye effect. Go figure.

I voted no and ordered the REG. Even without the "flame eye effect, the EX isn't as good as the REG. The REG face sculpt captures the essence of the character nearly perfectly.

RagingBull
04-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Scrap the ex. Open edition regular.

Is the Reg OE?

mistermark
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Is the Reg OE?

If it is I'm over SS. :lecture:monkey2:mad:

BigWhammo
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Ordered the ex but I will also be displaying the regular head. Also did that with the Joker,Cap,Thor,Bucky Cap, and Iron Man. So nothing new for me lol. Still would love to see the worms go.

09shabir
04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
i have a feeling that they will change this because shipping may break the ex head as they look fragile

skorpio8
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
i have a feeling that they will change this because shipping may break the ex head as they look fragile

Hope they do. But its too early for any conclusions

j97e1
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Hate the EX. Not dislike - HATE it!

Black Label Society
04-04-2013, 08:59 PM
As of the time I type this, more than three out of four people don't like the flame eyes effect. And yet this (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=135866) poll suggests that three out of four people are buying the EX with the flame eye effect. Go figure.

I voted no and ordered the REG. Even without the "flame eye effect, the EX isn't as good as the REG. The REG face sculpt captures the essence of the character nearly perfectly.

Uh, you do know the ex comes with both heads, the ex and regular version heads, right? That would be why we are all buying the ex despite not loving it. It can't hurt having that worm head packed away in the box.

devilof76
04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
The only damage it could possibly do is send Sideshow the message that the people dissatisfied with the exclusive portrait are a vocal minority who will buy it anyway.

Darth Con
04-04-2013, 09:30 PM

Nope, nothing will change, it never does.

devilof76
04-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Not true. Sometimes it does.

Darth Con
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Not true. Sometimes it does.

Maybe minor things like Darth Malgus' hood being unstitched, but would they change something major like spaghetti flames?
Do you think? :dunno
I still dont understand why SS wont get input from collectors as to what they want to see, whats a good idea to go with and what isnt?
Wouldnt it help them sell more in the end instead of doing everything in secrecy and then having people not like it? i just dont get it. :gah:

JAWS
04-04-2013, 10:10 PM
The only damage it could possibly do is send Sideshow the message that the people dissatisfied with the exclusive portrait are a vocal majority who will buy it anyway.

There. Fixed it for you.

devilof76
04-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Ah. That makes it much better. I can go one up...

"...a vocal (and highly principled) majority who will buy it anyway." :rotfl

JAWS
04-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Hey there is a chance they could change it still. I am not going to not get it and then kick myself later if they make the change.

SS has made the change after the fact before. No reason to think they won't do it again.

And if they don't. I still have the EX Superman.

Rage
04-04-2013, 11:42 PM
There. Fixed it for you.

some just can't comprehend the numbers, go figure

JAWS
04-04-2013, 11:44 PM
"...a vocal (and highly principled) majority who will buy it anyway." :rotfl

Makes no sense not to get it. It's the same price. Sure I could make a Stand but who are we kidding? It's a statue. I am not going to worry about priciples when it comes to a statue. But I will hold out hope that SS will make some sort of change on the EX.

And if they don't... Well there are worse things that could happen.

mistermark
04-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Makes no sense not to get it. It's the same price. Sure I could make a Stand but who are we kidding? It's a statue. I am not going to worry about priciples when it comes to a statue. But I will hold out hope that SS will make some sort of change on the EX.

And if they don't... Well there are worse things that could happen.

Word on the street the Ex will be adjusted. It isn't selling what SS had anticipated. None the less a great sculpt on the Reg.

Ramatuelle
04-05-2013, 12:25 AM

WTF, did Wayne Barlowe design this?! Because it looks like something out of Barlowe's Inferno.

Now, I loves me some Barlowe demons. Well, some of 'em, others are less loveable. No doubt about it. But this right here is pretty lol-tastic if you ask me.

Which you didn't, but just sayin'.

Solarsailor
04-05-2013, 12:49 AM

If nobody buys the EX and it gets a low edition size then SS change it, your sitting on gold.

If not you paid the same anyway and you get more money back on a sale.

If you don't ask you don't get. :wink1:

brucecamblzchin
04-05-2013, 01:14 AM
some just can't comprehend the numbers, go figure

You cant comprehend the numbers devil :rotfl:rotfl

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Makes no sense not to get it. It's the same price. Sure I could make a Stand but who are we kidding? It's a statue. I am not going to worry about priciples when it comes to a statue. But I will hold out hope that SS will make some sort of change on the EX.And if they don't... Well there are worse things that could happen.

I agree Jaws and its certainly possible that SSC could tweak some changes to the EX portrait by the time it goes out on release. Look at the Hulk Maquette for example, when you compare the proto pics to what we actually recieved you can see a few evident changes such as the hair, the eyebrows, etc...so things can still be changed :pray:

Solarsailor
04-05-2013, 02:40 AM
I agree Jaws and its certainly possible that SSC could tweak some changes to the EX portrait by the time it goes out on release. Look at the Hulk Maquette for example, when you compare the proto pics to what we actually recieved you can see a few evident changes such as the hair, the eyebrows, etc...so things can still be changed :pray:

Not sure if I would qualify those as changes since they actually made him look worse than the proto...

More like mistakes... :lol

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 02:50 AM

Remember "Eyebrow Gate"... You guys were going NUTs over the first pics to come out. "OMG they ****ed him up", "they ruined the perfect Hulk","I think I am going into labour and I am a DUDE!!". You guys were so much about the :panic: that even when guys had it in hand and said it looked awesome you still :panic:. Now that you have him in hand you finally realize how amazing he looks.

I have one persons in hand opinion about the EX who says it looks sharp in person, and I can see where they get that. So I am going on faith because yeah they work for SSC, but I just don't care because I like this. I was the FIRST person to vote I like it, and to my 40 brothers and sisters :hi5:.

To the REST OF YOU

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/null_zps1344d338.gif

devilof76
04-05-2013, 03:04 AM
You cant comprehend the numbers devil :rotfl:rotfl

Math is hard. :lecture

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Not sure if I would qualify those as changes since they actually made him look worse than the proto...

Remember "Eyebrow Gate"... You guys were going NUTs over the first pics to come out. "OMG they ****ed him up", "they ruined the perfect Hulk","I think I am going into labour and I am a DUDE!!". You guys were so much about the :panic: that even when guys had it in hand and said it looked awesome you still :panic:. Now that you have him in hand you finally realize how amazing he looks.

I have one persons in hand opinion about the EX who says it looks sharp in person, and I can see where they get that. So I am going on faith because yeah they work for SSC, but I just don't care because I like this. I was the FIRST person to vote I like it, and to my 40 brothers and sisters :hi5:.

To the REST OF YOU

Oh without doubt i prefer the Hulk proto but the changes were very subtle ones like the eyebrows and hair were slightly different than originally shown but i'd prefer it if those red curly things were removable, give the option for those who'd prefer to display it with them and those who'd rather have just the red eyes. I think that would be a much better idea and then it would cater for everyones taste...dont you think? :dunno

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:26 AM
I was the FIRST person to vote I like it, and to my 40 brothers and sisters :hi5:.

I wanted to be the only person to vote that i like them. :mad: :monkey2 :lol

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:29 AM
I was the FIRST person to vote I like it, and to my 40 brothers and sisters :hi5:.[QUOTE]

[QUOTE=-jay-;5502094]I wanted to be the only person to vote that i like them. :mad: :monkey2 :lol

Unfortunately, the remaining 80% decided to vote against it! :yess: C'MON SPARTANS!!!!! :yess: :lol

For the record, i dont hate the EX portrait, i just dislike it :)

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:30 AM
[quote=Spidey976;5502045] I was the FIRST person to vote I like it, and to my 40 brothers and sisters :hi5:.[QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the remaining 80% decided to vote against it! :yess: C'MON SPARTANS!!!!! :yess: :lol

Doesn't mean they'll change it. :pfft: :yess: :D

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:33 AM
[quote=RobertoBagg10;5502099][quote=Spidey976;5502045] I was the FIRST person to vote I like it, and to my 40 brothers and sisters :hi5:.

Doesn't mean they'll change it. :pfft: :yess: :D

Sideshow are like Spartans! If there is enough call for it then it will change! Join us Jay, join the Spartans!!!:yess:

P.S. i watched 300 last night for the first time :D

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Sideshow are like Spartans! If there is enough call for it then it will change! Join us Jay, join the Spartans!!!:yess:

:lol I can tell. If they change it then fair enough but i'm good either way. So can i be half spartan?

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 03:37 AM
How was that your first time watching 300? :slap

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:40 AM
:lol I can tell. If they change it then fair enough but i'm good either way. So can i be half spartan?

Half Spartan? :nono Remember how Leonidis rejected that half Spartan because he couldnt raise his shield high enough to protect his brothers when in battle...there is no half spartan! :lecture

In regards to the EX portrait, someone made a good point a few pages back that those red curly things must come detatched in the packaging otherwise they'll be a lot of damaged EX portrait heads...:dunno

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:42 AM
How was that your first time watching 300? :slap

I know...i still havent watched the Godfather trilogy and im bloody Italian!!! :thud:

Godfather is next on my list to watch on bluray! I should start a thread on what is the most famous film youve never seen! :lol

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:45 AM
In regards to the EX portrait, someone made a good point a few pages back that those red curly things must come detatched in the packaging otherwise they'll be a lot of damaged EX portrait heads...:dunno

I said that years ago in the main thread. :mad: Ok not years but last week. :D

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 03:45 AM
[quote=-jay-;5502100][quote=RobertoBagg10;5502099]

Go back and fix your quotes dude... You have me saying things I didn't. However, JUST so you KNOW as of LAST week these were not detachable.
As for the 80% well I have decided to act like SO many others around here and not give a **** what others want. BRING ON THE FLAMES!!!!:nana:

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:46 AM
Godfather is next on my list to watch on bluray! I should start a thread on what is the most famous film youve never seen! :lol

Superman and i don't even know who Superman is. :dunno

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 03:46 AM
:lecture SS ships fragile pieces all the time. The heat vision EX portrait is no different.

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:47 AM
As for the 80% well I have decided to act like SO many others around here and not give a **** what others want. BRING ON THE FLAMES!!!!:nana:

You tell em Spidey :hi5: :lol

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:49 AM
[quote=RobertoBagg10;5502102][quote=-jay-;5502100]

Go back and fix your quotes dude... You have me saying things I didn't. However, JUST so you KNOW as of LAST week these were not detachable.

eh? :dunno i dont get it Spidey? What didnt you say that i said you said? (try saying that fast!) :lol

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:49 AM
:lecture SS ships fragile pieces all the time. The heat vision EX portrait is no different.

but can you name one? :dunno

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:51 AM
Superman and i don't even know who Superman is. :dunno

:lol he is a superhero who wears a blue and red costume...and supposedly has red curly straws attached to his eyes :pfft:

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 03:51 AM
Didn't think I had to but for example Pred dreds are extremely fragile when sculpted and the heat vision EX is somewhat similar. It'll be fine. Not the shipping nightmare some fear.

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:52 AM
:lol he is a superhero who wears a blue and red costume...and supposedly has red curly straws attached to his eyes :pfft:

Woah sounds amazing! SSC you know what the people want. Oh yeah. :rock

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:54 AM
but can you name one? :dunno

Portrait with cigar on Dutch.

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:55 AM
Didn't think I had to but for example Pred dreds are extremely fragile when sculpted and the heat vision EX is somewhat similar. It'll be fine. Not the shipping nightmare some fear.

You are right MS, there are alot of fragile pieces that SSC have delivered intact...i guess im looking for excuses for SSC to change it :yess:

Woah sounds amazing! SSC you know what the people want. Oh yeah. :rock

:lol:lol

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 03:56 AM

Dont get Bruce started on the Dutch Stogie! :slap I remember about 5 or 6 of those that arrived damaged :(

-jay-
04-05-2013, 03:57 AM
Dont get Bruce started on the Dutch Stogie! :slap I remember about 5 or 6 of those that arrived damaged :(

You did ask :lol

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 03:59 AM

[quote=Spidey976;5502126][quote=RobertoBagg10;5502102]

eh? :dunno i dont get it Spidey? What didnt you say that i said you said? (try saying that fast!) :lol

You are mixing jays and my quotes together go back and read em Dude

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 03:59 AM

Another good example. Some arrived damaged... But not all. It's likely probably inevitable the same will happen with heat vision EX but hardly a reason to ostracize the EX IMO.

-jay-
04-05-2013, 04:00 AM
i guess im looking for excuses for SSC to change it :yess:

Well i hope they put double red curly straws on each eye. Then you'll really have something to moan about. :yess:

Runs away from Andy :chase :lol

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 04:00 AM
You did ask :lol

:lol its difficult to see whether the red straws are attached to the eyeball and are then fitted into the eye or if the red straws are permenatly attached to the head itself? :dunno

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 04:02 AM
There does not appear to be eyeballs. I believe the flame or whatever you want to call it runs throughout the eye sockets.

-jay-
04-05-2013, 04:02 AM
:lol its difficult to see whether the red straws are attached to the eyeball and are then fitted into the eye or if the red straws are permenatly attached to the head itself? :dunno

Didn't someone from SSC say they were permenatly attached to the head?

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 04:03 AM
[quote=RobertoBagg10;5502134][quote=Spidey976;5502126]

You are mixing jays and my quotes together go back and read em Dude

Oh i see, no i wasnt mixing quotes... I just added your post as you and Jay are both on the same side and agree that the EX is fine as it is. Dont worry Spidey, i would always remember your quotes my friend although there are quite a lot of them :D

Mr Quimper
04-05-2013, 04:06 AM
I have to say I was hoping for the red eyes / evil look as a CoH exclusive. When I saw the spaghetti eyes I nearly choked on my own vomit.

...never liked Superman anyways :(

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 04:08 AM
I have to say I was hoping for the red eyes / evil look as a CoH exclusive. When I saw the spaghetti eyes I nearly choked on my own vomit. ...never liked Superman anyways :(

:lol i take it you didnt order the Exclusive then? :dunno

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 04:15 AM
JEBUS RB you QUOTED me saying that these are NOT detachable, SSC Alex confirmed it.

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 04:18 AM
There does not appear to be eyeballs. I believe the flame or whatever you want to call it runs throughout the eye sockets.

I am pretty sure there are eyeballs there, and that these have to be attached by SSC with glue or something. The head is polystone and the flames are clear resign from the look of it.

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 04:20 AM
I am pretty sure there are eyeballs there, and that these have to be attached by SSC with glue or something. The head is poky stone and the flames are clear resign from the look of it.

I don't see eyeballs. Where do you see eyeballs? And what's poky stone? :dunno

-jay-
04-05-2013, 04:22 AM
I am pretty sure there are eyeballs there, and that these have to be attached by SSC with glue or something. The head is poky stone and the flames are clear resign from the look of it.

http://replygif.net/i/564

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 04:22 AM

No eyeballs in this head. Just flames.

brucecamblzchin
04-05-2013, 04:28 AM

The saga of Dutch's stogie lmfao

attom44
04-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Possibly the flames may be separate... They look fragile and maybe they are attached on to reduce breaking during shipping... That would be great so if you didn't want them... just leave them off... Just my guess.. I may be completely wrong.... although at further inspection of the photo to do look like one molded piece glued into the eye socket.

brucecamblzchin
04-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Yeah I'm not seeing eyeballs in there just the heat/energy effect.

brucecamblzchin
04-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Detachable would be best, with just the red eyes underneath.

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 04:31 AM
The saga of Dutch's stogie continues...lmfao

Fixed. :wink1:

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 04:34 AM
For the 1,000th time SSAlex confirmed the heat vision flames are NOT removable. :lecture

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 04:39 AM
JEBUS RB you QUOTED me saying that these are NOT detachable, SSC Alex confirmed it.

did i quote you? and who the heck is Jebus? :dunno :lol

I don't see eyeballs. Where do you see eyeballs? And what's poky stone? :dunno

:lol you've never heard of pokystone? Its what the Hulk Maquette is made from. Check out Sarvesh's new vid if you dont believe me :lecture

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 04:41 AM

:lol you've never heard of pokystone? Its what the Hulk Maquette is made from. Check out Sarvesh's new vid if you dont believe me :lecture

Just never heard of it.

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 04:49 AM
For the 1,000th time SSAlex confirmed the heat vision flames are NOT removable. :lecture

3 TIMES IN 3 PAGES .... Thanks for posting it MS I was going to lose it... lol...I think it needs to be stickied at the top of EACH page in the Superman threads.

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 04:51 AM

Oh that one wasn't a typo that one is me not getting the Thead locked by avoiding religion ... Lol

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 05:22 AM
Oh that one wasn't a typo that one is me not getting the Thead locked by avoiding religion ... Lol

Spidey, we should open a thread on religion, i can only imagine what that would be like :rotfl

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 05:22 AM
Sorry for the crudness, but I have like 5 minutes... THIS is why I think there MIGHT be eyeballs there, BUT I might be wrong

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/SupesEX_zpsbe85f56b.jpg

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Spidey, we should open a thread on religion, i can only imagine what that would be like :rotfl

YOU go right on ahead... and I will wait for the BANHAMMER to come out,..:rotfl

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Sorry for the crudness, but I have like 5 minutes... THIS is why I think there MIGHT be eyeballs there, BUT I might be wrong

I cant see properly :gah: someones gone and scribbled in blue pen!!! :slap i really dont think there are eyeballs Spidey. These red curlys just slot into the eye i think...

YOU go right on ahead... and I will wait for the BANHAMMER to come out,..:rotfl

:lol :lol

feeter
04-05-2013, 06:55 AM

yes they are :lecture
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n57/feeter277/dremel500.jpg

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 07:50 AM
yes they are :lecture
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n57/feeter277/dremel500.jpg

Go for it ... it just makes the undamaged Ex heads worth THAT much more. However, you SHOULD do what you want to have the product you want. I will be keeping my flames... thank you very much.

jedi_don
04-05-2013, 08:37 AM

Wait, I see eyeballs.

What happens when Superman sneezes.

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I cant see properly :gah: someones gone and scribbled in blue pen!!! :slap i really dont think there are eyeballs Spidey. These red curlys just slot into the eye i think...

:lol :lol

:thwak:thwak:thwak

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/SupermanEX_zpsb0454568.jpg

Dumb***:nana::wink1:

I still think there might be eyes in there that it is fused to similiar to how they fused the Jokers feet on to his legs

JAWS
04-05-2013, 08:57 AM

Not sure why the changes where made on the Hulk. Nobody was asking for them. I still like the eyebrows on the proto better but I like how the paint apps on the face where done on the production piece better (not counting the eyebrows) I like my Hulk's hair. I don't think I knew they changed anything.

I don't think those are mistakes. One or two would be a mistake. The eyebrows are done that way because of the shape of his brow. It's not as bad in person but it does take away a little bit of rage.

To the REST OF YOU

Eyebrow gate and Flame gate are two very different things. We worried about Brow gate because it was different from the proto. It looked off. There was concern it was a paint error.

The flame effects are there. We know we may be getting them. This is not a paint error. Even if the Flame effect looks better in person. It's still a bad idea. Superman just never looks like that and He would look some much better and badass if they just gave him red eyes. A perfect sculpt ruined or made les perfect, if you prefer, because of those flame effects.

Wishful thinking Spidey. There are no eyeballs there. :)

When did SSF get spell check? Now if I misspell something I get a red line under it.

JAWS
04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
:thwak:thwak:thwak

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/spidey976/SupermanEX_zpsb0454568.jpg

Dumb***:nana::wink1:

I still think there might be eyes in there that it is fused to similiar to how they fused the Jokers feet on to his legs

Looks like those flames slide right into the socket. Sure to ruin a perfect sculpt ;) :)

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Looks like those flames slide right into the socket. Sure to ruin a perfect sculpt ;) :)

There is a curved surface there on his right eye near the inside corner. At least I am pretty sure there is.

jedi_don
04-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Adjusted levels and resized. What eyes?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/supersockets_zps1028ef9b.jpg

RagingBull
04-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Ha looks even worse seeing them eyes close up :lol

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Ha looks even worse seeing them eyes close up :lol

Why SSC just didn't offer these curly straws as a removable option I'll never know. I can see a lot of customisers already planning in their head how they're going to remove them and add some red eyes. Easily done IMO

Bmutha
04-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Here it is

http://i46.tinypic.com/a9lp94.jpg

I don't hate the eyes (don't love 'em either), but this is what the Ex head should have been, no doubt.

MasterSafara
04-05-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't hate the eyes (don't love 'em either), but this is what the Ex head should be, no doubt.

Fixed. It's still possible. :wink1:

RobertoBagg10
04-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Now this would be just perfect!

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't hate the eyes (don't love 'em either), but this is what the Ex head should have been, no doubt.

Pretty much sums up how I feel

JAWS
04-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Adjusted levels and resized. What eyes?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/supersockets_zps1028ef9b.jpg

See Spidey? No Eyes :(

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
See Spidey? No Eyes :(

I am seeing things differently then you guys are.

Solarsailor
04-05-2013, 04:03 PM

Because you like them? There are no eye's. I'm not even sure why they would even design it like this since the socket's will have to be counter sunk (or molded hollow) then small bits of plastic stuck inside with glue.

If you didn't know any better you'd think it was an April fools joke it's that unnecessarily complicated. They could have easily added the fixed worms to edge of existing eyeballs with a small pin hole or just glued straight on.

Anyway this thread is a meri-go round now. It's clear the vast majority that voted think the EX sucks donkey *****.

JAWS
04-05-2013, 04:09 PM

Clearly you must have flames coming out of your eyes just like Superman then :)

Spidey976
04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Because you like them? There are no eye's. I'm not even sure why they would even design it like this since the socket's will have to be counter sunk (or molded hollow) then small bits of plastic stuck inside with glue.

If you didn't know any better you'd think it was an April fools joke it's that unnecessarily complicated. They could have easily added the fixed worms to edge of existing eyeballs with a small pin hole or just glued straight on.

Anyway this thread is a meri-go round now. It's clear the vast majority that voted think the EX sucks donkey *****.

No, because I see something that I think could be the sphere of an eyeball, BUT has I have said before I could easily be wrong.

Clearly you must have flames coming out of your eyes just like Superman then :)

Oh I do, I so so do....

Pork Chop Express
04-05-2013, 05:24 PM
While not great is it any better than Visions Ex Head?
I laugh every time I see it but applaud Sideshow for actually doing it.

tamato
04-07-2013, 10:42 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img707/3420/strawglasses.jpg

EX or Go Thirsty!!!!!

Crimsonbob
04-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Go thirsty....why do you have to go sit in a desert if you dont order 1?

SolidLiquidFox
04-07-2013, 12:39 PM
The other flaw in this exclusive is the lack of rage on the face when using the heat vision. Make both sculpts different at least.

If they were going to [email protected]$$ it like this I even go as far as to say that the 90's Superman with the mullet hair would have made for a better alternate head than the spaghetti eyes.

Josh-A-Tron
04-07-2013, 12:47 PM
The other flaw in this exclusive is the lack of rage on the face when using the heat vision. Make both sculpts different at least.

If they were going to [email protected]$$ it like this I even go as far as to say that the 90's Superman with the mullet hair would have made for a better alternate head than the spaghetti eyes.

http://i.qkme.me/35gdpp.jpg

SolidLiquidFox
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
you are probably right but the spaghetti eyes piss me off