Orphan Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch this on BBC America after Doctor Who?

I really enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job setting up the premise in the pilot. For those who haven't heard about it, it starts off with an orphan who witnesses a woman who looks just like her committing suicide. Then things get more interesting from there! I thought the lead actress in particular was great, which is good as we'll be seeing her in various roles. Loved her main sidekick, as well. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where this is going.

I thought it was alright, a little slow. It reminded me a bit of that Sarah Michelle Gellar show that was on not too long ago, Dead Ringer or something?

I will commend the two leads on their stellar British accents. I had no idea those weren't their natural accents until I saw them in interviews.

Oh, I didn't find it slow at all. I felt like it kind of vaulted through introducing you to the characters, throwing her into her assumed identity, and finally setting up (just barely) the bigger scope of the series.

It does remind me of Ringer, a bit, except of for the fact that the scope of this one is going to be different and much more sci-fi. They don't go into it much in the premiere episode but I think/hope the c
Spoiler Spoiler:
aspect of this (not sure that needed to be in a spoiler since the promo materials revealed it, but I'll be careful) will give it more scope and interesting things to play with than Ringer.

The second episode was great at really making things much more complicated for Sarah. I loved it. I really find myself drawn to her predicament, even if she's probably not that great of a person in a lot of ways. I find her very sympathetic, and it's a great thrill watching her think on the fly and react to whatever is in front of her. And man, the soccer mom version was so well done. She really made two very distinct characters, and it didn't rely on different color wigs or accents.

Saw the 1st episode. I have it set on my DVR. I need to make time to watch the last 2 episodes. From what I've watched so far I like.

I agree the last episode was really good. I like how they are making the most out of the premise, and keep putting Sarah in awkward positions.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree the last episode was really good. I like how they are making the most out of the premise, and keep putting Sarah in awkward positions.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still enjoying the series. I did kind of wonder if it could sustain its premise, but so far it really has not let up steam, and has been complicating things for Sarah nicely. Though over the last few episodes elements of a police procedural have crept in, which I kind of hope doesn't become a long term focus. It's fun to play in, but I'm not sure how long Sarah can keep her impersonation of Beth up. I can see maybe a season max. Too much beyond that and I'll feel like I was tricked into watching another cop show. :) I'm willing to give the writers more credit than that, though, based on what we've seen so far.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I still like Felix a lot. Is he a bit Nolan from Revenge? A bit. Except he's much more of an ordinary person along for the ride. But I enjoy his bits. I usually find them genuinely amusing.

A bit behind with this weeks, but this one was actually a lot of fun... in ways. Seeing everyone's worlds collide at once was pretty interesting. Sort of irritated by Paul, but he makes a good irritant. Wasn't sure what to think when Matt Frewer showed up. When he isn't doing his second-hand Jim Carrey shtick, he's a good actor, though.

Also... glue gun burns... ouch!

Man, the way they are propelling the story forward, it almost feels like there won't need to be a season 2! It's refreshing after the slow paces of other ongoing dramas these days. It's intriguing how much everything has changed from the start. It would be interesting to know if some of those people who didn't find anyone likable in the beginning have changed their minds? I really feel like Sarah has grown by leaps and bounds as a character, and I have really come to care for (and be invested in) the other clone's stories as well.

Nice to know that this show has other fans....I stumbled upon this show and I am so impressed with the lead actress....my wife is hooked after only two shows...

Yes, well there's at least me on here! Other have gone a bit quiet. LOL.

Episode 8 (already so close to the end!) : Entangled Bank

Man, this series is not afraid to just GO there. Thoughts about this episode:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've hung in there with it, but I can't say it's really grabbed me. Helena is the only thing keeping it interesting imo. It's hard to imagine where the plot is actually going.

I've hung in there with it, but I can't say it's really grabbed me. Helena is the only thing keeping it interesting imo. It's hard to imagine where the plot is actually going.

Yeah. It's sort of annoying trying to figure out where everything's going. Like I can't even sense any type of climax or whatever.

HOOKED ON THIS SHOW! Yay.

Yeah. I'm hooked. Yay.

Yeah. It's sort of annoying trying to figure out where everything's going. Like I can't even sense any type of climax or whatever.

That's one of the things I love about it. So far, it's kept me on my toes.

Back