Statue Superman: The Man of Steel Metallic statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB&WSF

Super Freak
Reaction score
"The new Superman statue line, coming in 2013, is similar to the hugely popular Batman: Black and White series. Each statue has a metallic finish and every month a new statue will debut – all designed by acclaimed creators like Jim Lee, Frank Miller and Lee Bermejo, with many more creators on tap for future statues."

DC COLLECTIBLES TO UNVEIL EXCITING NEW SLATE OF COLLECTOR ITEMS AT NEW YORK COMIC CON | DC Comics

Frank Miller

DC_COLLECTIBLES_SUPERMAN_METALLIC_STATUE_01_zps89272f0a.jpg

photo21_zps998303ff.png

Jim Lee

DC_COLLECTIBLES_SUPERMAN_METALLIC_STATUE_03_zps2e83cabc.jpg

action-comics_zpse260d238.jpg

Frank Quitely

DC_COLLECTIBLES_SUPERMAN_METALLIC_STATUE_05_zps62fa0d26.jpg

absolute-all-star-superman-frank-quitely_zps314d6411.jpg

Lee Bermejo

DC_COLLECTIBLES_SUPERMAN_METALLIC_STATUE_02_zpsbe255f5b.jpg

superman_bermejo_statue_dc_00_zps7e3c23c7.jpg

Rags Morales

DC_COLLECTIBLES_SUPERMAN_METALLIC_STATUE_04_zps3c19cfb8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Superman: The Man of Steel Metallic statues (2013)

They remind me of metallic Christmas ornaments.

Love the FM TDKR statue
IMG_4894_zps2eb146ea.jpg

The metallic blue does not look good on Supes. Makes him look a little 'soft'

I thought he was the Man of Steel...Steel is Metallic last I checked...LOL...It is a little different..

The metallic paint is the point of the collection itself, IMO. Hence the name, "Superman Metallic".

It's the theme that runs in this series of statues, in the same vein that Batman has the "Black & White" theme going for his collection.

Personally, I like how they look. Since they're supposed to be an ongoing series, just like the "Batman Black & White" is, then they are making them affordable, and easy to find. And they look shinny and pretty, so all is good. :)

I just picked up the Lee Bermejo, it is outstanding! It's the only one so far that looks better than the control art IMO!

The Bermejo one is amazing! I'll be getting all of them, but so far the Bermejo one is the best of the series.

I'm hoping this series does well, and it extends to as many artistic interpretations as the Batman series has had. I want statues based on art by Joe Shuster, Curt Swan, José Luis García Lopez, John Byrne, Jerry Ordway, Dan Jurgens, George Perez, Tom Grummett, Jon Bogdanove, Ed McGuinness, Doug Mankhe, Gary Frank, and Kenneth Rocafort... among others!

The McGuinness and Rocafort ones are new, the other is the Quitely one that was announced in 2012. It's tilted to the side. I think that they may not have introduced the stick properly.

The Ed McGuinness one looks so uninspired. An art-style like that would've looked better if the statue was posed dynamically, but just standing like that looks bad, IMO.

I need to see a frontal angle of the Rocafort one, but in that photo looks very good.

I had hopes from this line, but after seeing what they have done with Quietly (and McGuinness) I don't think it has a bright future. Also, they look Asian now, not that I have an issue with that (am an Asian too), but they look funny.

Still like Bemejo's the Best.

The Ed McGuinness one looks so uninspired. An art-style like that would've looked better if the statue was posed dynamically, but just standing like that looks bad, IMO.

Especially when you compare it to the McGuinness Batman from the Black & White line. This one is so static you might as well just buy the action figure. The figure even looks more like McGuinness' art.

The McGuinness one is terrible, but I think that can be seen of the Rocafort one is great.

I'm looking forward to the statues based on more classic-syled artists, like Dan Jurgens, Tom Grummett, and George Perez. If done well, a John Byrne based one should look great, too.

Back