12" marvel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creature4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you think SS should make very detailed Marvel 12"ers? kind of like the detail of the LOTR 12"ers.

If they have the license.. shouldn't they go all out?

It would be pretty cool. But don't think it would work. Think about all the different body moulds they would need. At least with star wars and lord of the rings there are a lot of human body like characters. We wait 6 months for LOTR 12" announcements because of the "complex" clothing etc so these would all take ages to come out.

But with sideshow never say never.

I assume someone else must have the license for 12" figures (Hasbro probably) or they'd probably already be making them.

the more I see the RAH spider-man the more I want him. They are about 12", you should check those out. I will probably pick spidey up a little later.

I think medicom is doing a fine job with their marvel line and hope they continue to put out figures.

Saurons I said:
God, I hope they don't release a 12" line. Sorry, but those "dolls" just don't do anything for me. It's gotta be fully sculpted, or at least a PF.

HA, I'm the opposite.....but my view maybe skewed seeing as though I'm too poor to get all PF or 1/4.

The Medicom figures are great... I have the Spiderman and for some reason these ones are actually 1/6 :rolleyes: I imagine Sideshow would do a great job on them (and they'd be cheaper) but for now Sideshow is rockin' 'em pretty hard.

Why does it always have to be either/or with PF/Statue collectors? There's a large enough fanbase for all kinds of products. That's why Hasbro picked up the license.

I think if Sideshow did 12" movie figures of Marvel characters, that'd be great. It'd be much easier because the costumes were already adapted for the movie to fit real people, so they could be done in 1/6 much easier than a lot of the comic designs.

I for one don't want sideshow to make this line. I think medicom does an awesome job and unless sideshow upgrades its bodies, their figures wouldn't be as great. I mean....can imagine a SS spidy in their current bodies??

carbo-fation said:
I for one don't want sideshow to make this line. I think medicom does an awesome job and unless sideshow upgrades its bodies, their figures wouldn't be as great. I mean....can imagine a SS spidy in their current bodies??

The medicom figures always look a tad anorexic to me. I'd love Sideshow to do them - the Medicom ones are just too pricey for what they are. It would mean a new body was required - but isn't everyone saying that the SS body is due for a revamp anyway ? I think the way to go would be a new body with the latex skin like the hottoys for proper musculature - then even lycra costumes would be pretty good.

After all they already have sculpts of Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Halle Berry (Storm) and Famke Janssen (Jean Grey) that are all pretty good facially but would all require new hair sculpts. Bring it on I say!

I've got the Medi Wolvie and Cyclops and I am really happy with both. Even at the price I'd say it's a good deal. I love SS for certain things but for characters with skin tight outfits I'd much rather pay the extra 40 or 50 bucks to get a Medicom.

i really dont want to imagine sideshow's horrible bodies in a spandex costume. Medicom + Marvel = Worth the price

This topic inspired me to dig up some pics of my Medi's...

cykevshulk.jpg

wolviesupes.jpg

cykejacket.jpg

Spidey should be coming in the next 2 or 3 weeks. CAN'T. FRIGGIN. WAIT. :monkey5

Great pics anti-hero!! I am sure Sideshow would do a marvelous job with the mavel figures, but as long as they continue to keep these aweful bodies, which are impossible to pose, I'd stick with medicom.

congerking said:
HA, I'm the opposite.....but my view maybe skewed seeing as though I'm too poor to get all PF or 1/4.

I'm with ya there!I love PF, but my wallet and wife DO NOT so I can't get into them.

I do think however, SS needs new bodies, than I'd be down with some Marvel SS figures. But Medicom does them sooooo good as long as SS keeps distributing them, I don't think I'd care if they made them or not.

anti-hero said:
This topic inspired me to dig up some pics of my Medi's...

cykevshulk.jpg

wolviesupes.jpg

cykejacket.jpg

Spidey should be coming in the next 2 or 3 weeks. CAN'T. FRIGGIN. WAIT. :monkey5

WOW....those are amazing pics. i didn't know the medicoms were that nice and posable. im going to have to save up and get some. BTW, that hulk is GREAT.

that hulk is a hollow rotocast and (thankfully) can be had for very lil cash. i picked mine up on ebay for about $13 delivered. great deal. he comes in 2 versions also. open/closed mouth

Back