Sideshows Response to Obi Wan Email

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Copied from email.....WOW. Very Nice!

Dear ,

Thank you for your recent order,TB-------, for the Ben Kenobi Mythos statue. We hope that by now your piece has arrived to you and has found a spot in your display.

The Ben Kenobi - Mythos statue, which is a 2,000 piece edition size was mislabeled at our production facility with a 1,200 piece edition size instead.

The staff at Sideshow strives for excellence in every piece that we make and to have a clerical error of this nature occur is not only frustrating to our collectors but to us as well. How do things like this occur? Well we asked the same question and went department by department with a sharp stick to find out what happened. The manufacturing process for this type of statue is very exacting and requires a lot of coordination of different teams. What we discovered is that our production facility accidentally labeled the Ben Kenobi bases with the 1,200 number, which was the size of the previous production item the factory handled. Unfortunately, we cannot re-label the bases without potentially damaging the base itself.

The statue has not been fully manufactured and the final production run will carry base markings of 1,201/2,000 - 2,000/2,000, which continues the sequence of the piece numbers the way it was intended and features the correct overall edition size. If you would like to exchange your statue for a statue from the corrected edition sequence, then we can do so for you. You are also welcome to keep the item that you have, as it will be a lower item number.

Ultimately your satisfaction is our goal, and if you do not choose any of these options mentioned, than we can certainly retrieve the statue from you and issue you a full refund, with our sincere apologies.

Our mission is to make quality items that have that 'wow' factor; statues that you are proud to display in your home and gloat about to your friends! Sometimes we do make mistakes along the way. Allow us to offer you a $25 credit towards your next purchase for any inconvenience that
this error has caused.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

(805) 214-2116 Office • (805) 214-2190 Fax
In the U.S.: 855-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2

Last edited:
I received the same email though I'm not sure how the $25 gift will work with no code being provided with the email. I tried browsing through my account to see if there is anything in there that indicates a $25 credit and I couldn't find any. I guess I'll have to wait till I try ordering something to see if it automatically applies.

Yeah, just read that too. I thought it was spam at first.

That's more like it. Good customer service and acknowledgment.

I'm not quite sure about the solution to the numbers, but I guess it's too late for any kind of fix on that.

Heeey. What about those of us that bought from an LCS?.

Oh well, personally, I like have pieces with screwed up labels in my collection. It doesn't happen often and I like it.

Wish I had the misspelled sideshow green hulk comiquette.

I went out and bought the Hulk maquette sooner then I wanted to just to make sure I got one with limited spelled wrong.

It is nice of them to offer a replacement just because of a numbering mistake on the base.

Soo my understanding we could opt for a new base replacement with the correct es
xxxx/2000?

I'm happy with my base. Since the lean issue seem to be a base issue.

this raises some questions tho....

so we send them our statues and we get a new one.

so what happens to ours that we send back? are they resold as is? fix the base and resold? or just scrapped? if they are scrapped then 2000 is not a valid ES.

why not just offer new bases with our same number and corrected ES?

Soo my understanding we could opt for a new base replacement with the correct es
xxxx/2000?

I'm happy with my base. Since the lean issue seem to be a base issue.

No I think that reads as you can change your entire statue. I don't think they are just swapping bases out. They still need to sell the first batch regardless of the numbers to make it worthwhile I'd assume.

I received the same email. After reading through it it sounds like you have to send the whole piece back if you want a corrected base. I have an exchange request in for the body sculpt and Ewan sculpt and haven't received a response back yet. I will probably call them tomorrow to discuss how best to handle it in light of this email.

this raises some questions tho....

so we send them our statues and we get a new one.

so what happens to ours that we send back? are they resold as is? fix the base and resold? or just scrapped? if they are scrapped then 2000 is not a valid ES.

why not just offer new bases with our same number and corrected ES?

I don't speak from a position of knowledge on the subject, but I assume if the edition size is 2000 (or 5000 or whatever), they make a few extras assuming they will have exchanges. I don't think they make just the ES, or they'd be unable to fulfill all orders AND provide exchanges on damaged product.

Missing saber hilt or not, props to Sideshow for stepping up with what amounts to a potential 30K credit...

I'm just happy the statue came out great. I really dont care about the edition or the hilt.

Does the edition size really matter? I mean, true collectors will always know the edition size run and the fact that our statues are now associated with the mix up will only validate the authenticity of them if we ever decide to sell way down the line. Personally, I love when stuff like this happens because it builds more of a story around pieces in my collection. It gives my collection personality and a nice conversation piece when showing off the collection to new viewers. Now if only my C3PO and R2 with a 200 run would get sent out next month I'd really have some personality in the collection. :nana:

I think this was a nice gesture on Sideshow's part and has in no way discouraged me from buying from them again. Matter of fact, I hope it discourages many to stop buying so that I can have more pieces to my collection that no one else does. :rotfl

Has anyone talked to SS cust. service about how/when they will let us use this? The email makes it sound like it will be able to be used whenever, but there's no redemption code?

So, I just chatted with Kathy from SS. She stated that we will have to call/email or chat and tell them to apply the $25 to whatever order we want. So there will be no redemption code. Simply place an order and if you want to use the $25, just call SS and let them know and they will apply the voucher.

I bought this from an AD. Hopefully they will extend the discount to everyone who received an incorrect base. I will try and give them a call to clarify the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back