Displaying PF Statues help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollectorNC

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've probably spent the last hour reading through various threads (like this) and just getting more confused...

I have 7 PF's (with 3 on the way). I need something that is a cabinet (or multiple cabinets) of sorts that can be placed in a living room and gives a great display, while having shelfs that can hold the weight and height and no require a 2nd mortgage. Any suggestions?

Hi NC,

Not sure what you are interested in. I have a Howard Miller Ramsdell curio cabinet to hold my Sideshow pieces. Attached is a photo of an older layout I had; I've since re-arranged. The bottom shelf has 4 PFs displayed. I've had as many as six on that bottom shelf alone. Of course how much space the PF takes up is a factor.

Anyways, the curio comes with four adjustable glass shelves, but because of the size of the Sideshow pieces, I'm only able to utilize two. It sits in my living and is a beast. I've had this curio for two years now and never had any issues.

I know that many here like the IKEA pieces, but I'm just not a fan. I was looking for something more decorative. Not sure how the price of the IKEA BESTAs and PAX units compare, but this set me back about $1,300. Considering how much I have invested in my collectibles, to me it's well worth it to have them behind glass.

Hope this somewhat helps.

Hi NC,

Not sure what you are interested in. I have a Howard Miller Ramsdell curio cabinet to hold my Sideshow pieces. Attached is a photo of an older layout I had; I've since re-arranged. The bottom shelf has 4 PFs displayed. I've had as many as six on that bottom shelf alone. Of course how much space the PF takes up is a factor.

Anyways, the curio comes with four adjustable glass shelves, but because of the size of the Sideshow pieces, I'm only able to utilize two. It sits in my living and is a beast. I've had this curio for two years now and never had any issues.

I know that many here like the IKEA pieces, but I'm just not a fan. I was looking for something more decorative. Not sure how the price of the IKEA BESTAs and PAX units compare, but this set me back about $1,300. Considering how much I have invested in my collectibles, to me it's well worth it to have them behind glass.

Hope this somewhat helps.

That's nice Choopie. I noticed all the IKEA threads but can't get into the sterile look of many of the units. They look more like what you'd find in a store than a house. (No offense to the 2,000,000 members on here that have them :peace). I actually think the detolfs would be ok IF they could hold 2 10lb PF's on a shelf. I'm thinking more that I need to find some sort of bookshelf or cabinet.

If you want something affordable(which it seems like you do), that doesn't looks like complete junk, than IKEA is your best bet unless you are good at making your own shelves. $1300 for a decorative case is prob a good investment but for most of us, that's money we can use for the statues themselves. I use detolfs but I only put one statue per shelf and 2 statues per detolf for the most part. I think the bestas are pretty good for display, esp if you put glass doors on them. Not sure how much you want to spend but from what i've seen, custom displays or nicer furniture will cost you A LOT more than you seem willing to spend.

If you want something affordable(which it seems like you do), that doesn't looks like complete junk, than IKEA is your best bet unless you are good at making your own shelves. $1300 for a decorative case is prob a good investment but for most of us, that's money we can use for the statues themselves. I use detolfs but I only put one statue per shelf and 2 statues per detolf for the most part. I think the bestas are pretty good for display, esp if you put glass doors on them. Not sure how much you want to spend but from what i've seen, custom displays or nicer furniture will cost you A LOT more than you seem willing to spend.

Yeah, that's why I am kind of torn. I don't have the space some members seem to have to have all my walls lined with Detolf's and Bestas. I would need something to house at least 4-5 PF's and I could keep the others in their boxes and just rotate evey once in a while. I just need something to display them in a living room likely that doesn't make it look like I have man-caved the living room.

You can get great deals on Curios on Craigslist. I have two Curios that would have cost over $1200 new that I picked up used for $250 and they still look brand new.

I'm not sure what the situation is in America but in Australia, we get a lot of decent, affordable furniture, including cabinets, imported from Asia. My cabinets came from Vietnam.

You can get great deals on Curios on Craigslist. I have two Curios that would have cost over $1200 new that I picked up used for $250 and they still look brand new.

Im with you, I have 4 curios exactly like the ones choopie has and I paid about $300 each, and they are almsot new. Just have to look around and be patient. Dont rush into getting something that you might not like later.

Back