help with a dc direct figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy34

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just baught a batgirl figure and want to give her the black outfit but I am afraid of what to do I have never removed parts from a dc direct so anyone who has worked with a batgirl how do you safly remove her head and boots without damaging her. Im giving her a matte black vinyl jumpsuit. Im really a seamstress so im really new to bashing so removing parts scare me alittle. So i want to get useful info so i dont break her being heavy handed.

I already made her a usable leather case.

any help will be usefull

I've been customizing with the DCD 13" line for a couple of years; the easiest way to remove the heads is to put a pot of boiling water on the stove, dip the head and shoulders in for a couple mins, the head should pop right off. The boots will also be easier to remove if you dip them in the hot water first.

ok thanks for the help when i get her in next week batgirl will see what happens because I want to keep her intact.

btw do you guys know if these heads go on other bodies. I only have batman from ddc and im happy with him so i dont want to change anything but his cape. which im buying from tony

I think in most cases the DCD heads would look too big on any other 1/6 scale body. I've actually had luck using other 1/6 heads on the DCD bodies, though.

i just wish for the females that they made them 12" tht way they would be scaled to the males. and short males should also be that height.

i was able to finish taking the pieces apart with very little effort

Back