Grendel - Recommend It?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmarv

Super Freak
Reaction score
:wave Does anyone recommend the Grendel comics? Been meaning to pick the two omnibuses up.

Highly reccomended!

The different series are extremely different from each other other in many ways, but all I've read have been excellent quality.

My favorites:

War Child and Devils & Deaths - read those two countless times. But you can't go wrong with any Grendel stuff if you're a fan of great comics.

Grendel is fantastic. The second Comico series 1-40 is my favourite.

I recommend consulting a reading list. The first Comico series, issues 1-3, is pretty bad by Wagner's own admission. He began anew with an amazingly more mature product.

The book is good. Never read the comic.

Do mean the novel by John Gardner? I read that in Grade 11 English. I recall enjoying it a great deal.

The Matt Wagner comicbook is totally unrelated to the Germanic myth other than being its namesake. Grendel is this spirit of aggression that manifests itself for both good and evil intents in various individuals.

Yep. Read it in highschool as well. What I remember most is just the idea of looking at something from what might be considered your enemy's perspective.

Fantastic, already picked up the two omnibuses, which should contain all of the story arcs you guys recommended. Thanks a lot guys. Also, I read somewhere that there would be a total of 4 omnibuses, so there should be two more coming out soon. I made the decision after purchasing the Bowen Grendel statue. It looked so good I had to delve into the stories.

You bought the statue before reading any of the books? I suppose you have the Hunter Rose incarnation. There was a Hunter, a Christine Spar, and a Grendel Prime. Brian Li Sung, one of my favs was also included in the tiny three pack of statues.

I really miss my Bowen bronze Hunter... :(

You bought the statue before reading any of the books? I suppose you have the Hunter Rose incarnation. There was a Hunter, a Christine Spar, and a Grendel Prime. Brian Li Sung, one of my favs was also included in the tiny three pack of statues.

I really miss my Bowen bronze Hunter... :(

Yup I got the first Hunter Rose statue. It's gorgeous, and really puts some of the current statues to shame. Now I can't wait for the graphic novels to arrive...

You should've held onto the bronze, fury! Disregarding the hefty price tag, it's a work of art, and take-it-to-the-grave grail

Yeah, that's a bit high. I think I had #16, but it might have been #15...

Had to do it though, because now I have two wonderful puppies.

And I'll be getting a Grendel tattoo one day soon. ;)

This one used to be mine... :(

picture.php

Back