eBay payment site error - ever seen this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixelpiper

Super Freak
Reaction score
This isn't the first time this has happened, but it's the first time that the seller hasn't responded to fix the issue.

Upon completing an auction that ships "Worldwide" for free (though "free doesn't matter), I can't submit payment via eBay as the payment page produces an error with my CANADIAN address. It says to either change the address or contact the seller for a total and exception.

This has happened before on very few auction. In every case, whether it's free shipping or not, on the page of the actual auction I can get a valid shipping quote/result with "CANADA" as the destination country and my postal code. Only when paying does the eBay site give an error.

If I change the address to a US address, even a made up one, then no error results. Trying to contact eBay has so far been useless. They only allow contact by phone and on the 2 times I've called a message comes up saying their computer system is down and they won't be able to look up my account info.

I've requested total from the seller twice now in the past week with no response. At the moment I think I might have to wait until they try to file a non-paying bidder complaint to get anything done - if they even go that far. About the only thing I can do with that auction on the site is to leave negative feedback, but I don't think this would be fair to the seller since no transaction has been completed.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any experience trying to get similar seemingly technical or configuration issues resolved?

For reference, the seller is from Hong Kong and had an insanely high feedback of almost 50k.

i had that problem once i think , when i was logged in from ebay.in (In for India , my country), but when i changed the address to ebay.com the problem wasnt there. and i could make the payment

Thanks for the suggestion, I thought it might work, but it didn't. I normally use ebay.com but just now tried logging in to ebay.ca instead - unfortunately the result is exactly the same.

Back