Well I finally gave into the temptation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I finally gave into temptation and got on the wait list for the Exclusive Grievous. I keep telling myself I will wait and every newsletter where I see the words
NOW CONTACTING THE FOLLOWING LISTS:
Star Wars: General Grievous Ex. Premium Format figure - #71261

I gave in just a little bit more until Friday morning when I just got on and now I just hope they have enough left from me to get one. I would rather get one through Sideshow for this one because of all the things that could possibly break on him. So my question is has anyone got one of these off the list while only being on it for the past few weeks. I am hoping that Monday afternoon I have a waitlist conversion email. I just hope I wasnt to late. I guess if I see one on ebay for $450 I will grab it but I really after looking at him cant live without having the cape. I am in the process of designing a case right now for my ANH PF and I am plan on putting him Luke and Yoda and Boba on the bottom part of it. Anyway I was just wondering if you all guys think I still have a shot at the exclusive or should I start bidding on ebay if I havent heard anything by the middle of the week.

I told myself I wouldnt get any PT PF but now I think I may just be in for the whole line :D

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

How long have I been telling you that you'd give in?! That's so funny. Trust me, you won't regret it. Easily my favorite PF and one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Be sure to check for damages, but enjoy him.

I know Ive been holding off for two months now and I couldnt take it anymore. Well now I just hope I get a conversion Monday so I will have something to actually look forward too.

The asthmatic cyborg finally won you over eh?! Good luck. :D

Good choice! This GG really is the best GG on the market. Sideshow really got this one right. I have it, and not because I collect PF's, or SW stuff, or because I like the character (I don't actually). Not even because it's a SSC product. Simply because I'm fascinated by robot's and cyborgs, and this cyborg has a breathtaking design!

Give me more robot's and cyborgs SSC!

This IMO is the most impressive PF piece so far in the SW line. Why? Because of the detail that went into it. I'm glad I have mine but I do prefer my Vader and Obi-Wan more.

jlcmsu said:
This IMO is the most impressive PF piece so far in the SW line. Why? Because of the detail that went into it. I'm glad I have mine but I do prefer my Vader and Obi-Wan more.

Obi-wan! WOO!
Cant wait for it to hit my doorstep, well to be carefully laid down as not to damage the box or its contents but you know what I mean!:lol

Well Im hoping he is converted to an order soon. How long does it normally take if an item is available for the wait list to actually convert and for them to send an email out. I just have a feeling I got on a little to late but Im hoping not. I will definitely be letting you all know once I find out if in fact I do get one. I am watching a few on ebay and I let one go Friday that I could have gotten for a little less than retail but I was hoping Sideshow would email me Friday sometime about it but it took my Luke and Yoda solid business day to convert. Plus this last newsletter looked like their were tons of lists being contacted now.

Jason we kept telling you to do it. You won't be sorry. Your bank account might be but you wont.:lol

Yeah the bank account will not like it but I really want to get all of these PF now. I think with only 4 a year I can afford them all. I still got like $600 worth of Hasbro stuff for this year so Im going to be broke before next year starts and then I will probably have a good bit to get then.

I was looking on ebay and theres alot of opputunities for getting the exclusive for around retail so if it takes Sideshow to long i may go that route. Im just hoping they still have one.

I would keep watching ebay until you get converted, beacuse if you get a shot at one below retail , even better.

mfoga said:
I would keep watching ebay until you get converted, beacuse if you get a shot at one below retail , even better.
Im worried about him coming damaged from ebay and I really wouldnt want to deal with that but if I can get him from Sideshow at least I will have someone to complain too.:D

jason2885 said:
Im worried about him coming damaged from ebay and I really wouldnt want to deal with that but if I can get him from Sideshow at least I will have someone to complain too.:D
True, but if its new in box I really doubt anything would be damaged. That was the most complicated packaging I have ever seen. I swear they spent almost 1/2 the the time on the packaging. Hell they have unpackaging instructions.:lol

mfoga said:
True, but if its new in box I really doubt anything would be damaged. That was the most complicated packaging I have ever seen. I swear they spent almost 1/2 the the time on the packaging. Hell they have unpackaging instructions.:lol
Im not sure if you were the one who said you got yours at SDCC but if you did did they say how many of these they had left. I know that the waitlist was contacted about a month ago and I know that this weeks newsletter also said people were being contacted. Hopefully not to many people are on the list now. I just hope I get an email sometime tomorrow saying im getting a conversion.

jason2885 said:
Im not sure if you were the one who said you got yours at SDCC but if you did did they say how many of these they had left. I know that the waitlist was contacted about a month ago and I know that this weeks newsletter also said people were being contacted. Hopefully not to many people are on the list now. I just hope I get an email sometime tomorrow saying im getting a conversion.

I did order mine a SDCC, they said there were around 25 at the begining. When I ordered mine the guy thought there were at least 15 left. I have a feeling you have a really good chance. They had a email to get it right out around the time of SDCC too. I know about a month ago they said they were contacting wait list and they are agian now. I have a feeling people put themselves on the list but cancel when its about to convert or there card gets declined. I think the price tag and reason everyone seems to use that they didnt like the character keeps these available. I seriously don't think I would have ordered if I had not seen it at SDCC, and my bank account wishes I didn't since I probally wouldn't have any to be honest. After I got it I wanted the others.:lol

Heheh, Grievous--my favorite PF.

I hope to get him this winter, depending on how much money I'll have at the time. Going for a regular though because I don't really care about the cape.

Is $370 a good price for the regular edition? Because that's around what I'd spend.

Back