Backdrops for Figure Photography

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XDUCKETTX

Super Freak
Reaction score
What material do you use for your photo backdrops when doing custom shoots?

I remember seeing some suggestions within particular posts, but couldn't find a thread dedicated to the subject (Mods--I searched with no luck, but if there already exists something similar to this feel free to close this thread and redirect).

If I remember correctly some people have used the fabric type material, but others (in the threeA thread) have mentioned using heavy card stock paper (sized appropriately and in various colors-white, black, etc).

Just looking for suggestions and what you have had success with in the past. My wife just got a very nice camera and looking to do some figure shoots soon to get used to it. Thanks for your input!

:yess:

The most important thing you can do to improve product or small item photography is off-camera flash (or light sources).

Look here as a starting point: https://strobist.com and hit the "Lighting 101" link. Anything from 1:1 photography can be scaled to miniature.

Back