Question regarding posing (and the strain of more dynamic poses)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cingen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all, I am very new to this hobby and just came to the conclusion I am very OCD when it comes to posing so.. Here comes the question ;)

How do you guys like displaying your hot toys figures? In a dynamic pose (mid combat for example) or more static? And why do you prefer displaying like this?

I myself have my Bane and DX12 displayed in a combat scenario but am having some doubts.. (hence this question) The dynamic combat pose brings alot of presence, but I can't help but worry about possible strain on the figures, and it sort of feels a shame to not be able to show the figures off in all their glory since they are facing eachother..

So how do you guys do it?

p3170475.jpg

This is how I have it done at the moment :) (Could anyone tell me if this is a pose that may cause strain and damage the figures over time by the way? A complete newbie to this and I have no idea what they can handle, I'd hate to see them get damaged in a few years time because of the stance I put them in..)

I never display my figures like that simply because it will end up damaging or overstretching the material over time. I pose them for pics or for fun for a short amount of time and then it's back to a neutral pose for display

Personally, I always end up settling for a non dynamic style.
It depends cause many figures end up looking toylike.
I end up liking a more natural look.
Emphasis though in the figure looking natural, as if you took a pic of someone in a non dynamic state.
I am also OCD and have spent hours trying to find that very natural human like pose.

I think that's the biggest difference in that people don't pay attention to the human anatomy and have the hands, shoulders, legs posed awkwardly and can make the figure look toylike.

I too go for more relaxed ( museum poses). Im just not a fan of action poses as i feel they look awkward in the case. For pics they are fine though. I think every collector has a bit of OCD, i spend ages trying to get fabric and clothes to lay perfect and capes to drape perfect or like remy trying to get the most natural neutral pose.

For instance if you've watched a sean long video, i just want to knock on his door and sort his figures out lol OCD nightmare those videos.

i choose a more dynamic pose. they are called ACTION figures. if i want to get a static pose, i'll get a statue.

anyway, this is how i pose 3 of my batman hot toys now.

733849_10151334270696517_1910202128_n.jpg

just don't stretch the fabric to far. especially when the material is rubber.

also, always use their stand. they'll help stabilize the figure, support the weight from the figure

if you don't like the stand, use a blu-tack or something similar. can't be more annoying when you do a battle pose and someone knock your detolf, and you need to pose them again.

Last edited:
I think with those figures you have posed there (Bane and Batman), dynamic poses are not that big of a deal. Considering both have a majority of cloth where the joints are located in the costumes.

However I would recommend changing up the poses once and awhile for Batman, just so that the material doesn't stretch indefinitely, more or a precautionary measure if anything

Display them how you want to bud :clap

they are Action Figures & most have a t least 20 points of articulation ,and some are like 30 points :lol this is for a reason? , so If the fabric tears or stretches over time ? then tough , and its not exactly gonna happen Over night :horror

You can always Customise, or get item replacement parts via places, like Evil bay, ect, ect..

I just had my DX02Batman Suit Customised a bit from a Guy over here , so I could Pose him a bit different than just standing like a Pleb all Day :(

I love the Way you have The Batman & Bane in the battle Pose :yess:

that DX12 Batman , has a great Suit that can take a lot of punishment , and Bane , can take even more !

Just ask the Guys in the Specific Threads about Stances or Poses, as some of the Guys, tend to go & live around Certain threads ??

Some Figures are more susceptible to damage wear than Others, but that is the price you have to pay for the Posing I think ??

I am New ish to the Hobby mate , but what is the point of not Posing them If you get No enjoyment out of it ??

I know for a Fact , that there is a Hell of a lot of Customising Guys on here , and I bet , they would help you out If you asked ??

Regs Daz

Back